Author Topic: Store: Clothing and Accessory Wishlist!  (Read 81994 times)

Offline Dutch Vanya

• Salutes: 107
    • [Clan]
    • View Profile
Re: Store: Clothing and Accessory Wishlist!
« Reply #45 on: October 17, 2013, 09:58:36 pm »
There are already costumes with animal skull shoulder pads, cowboy hats, venetian masks and all sort of semi-sillyness. Who the hell would wear a tophat while running around repairing an airship? I think these suggestions are not far off from the aesthetic at all.

Offline DMaximus

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 28
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 17, 2013, 11:10:31 pm »
If everyone else gets Duck hats and rhino horns etc, I want some really tight tights.

Offline Captain Smollett

• Salutes: 122
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 17, 2013, 11:33:28 pm »
I support the tights!

Offline Piemanlives

• Salutes: 155
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 17, 2013, 11:47:56 pm »
Everyone just ignored dutchvanya's post.

Offline Andika

• Salutes: 114
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 18, 2013, 01:27:08 am »
Do we get the huge mechanical spider as well? :P

I would've sworn that was already in-game.

Offline Piemanlives

• Salutes: 155
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 18, 2013, 01:36:08 am »
Oh my, that's glorious!

Offline Sgt. Spoon

• Salutes: 112
    • [Keno]
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 18, 2013, 05:22:38 am »
haha, truly glorious indeed. My hat off to you Andika.

Offline Captain Smollett

• Salutes: 122
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 18, 2013, 11:37:29 am »
That gets a salute!

zlater75@hotmail.com

« Reply #53 on: October 20, 2013, 08:34:40 am »
I'd like to see some halloween costumes like :

- The Grim Reaper. Black shredded robe with large hood and scythe on the back. Bony fingers and glaring eyes only visible inside hood.
- Witch with cat. Female costume with black cat on shoulder, gothic-like outfit with black and velvet striped stockings and looking more like a very young witch than an old woman type of witch.
- Pumpkinhead. Head accessory only as jack o'lantern pumpin head.

..but fine with whatever extra appears of course. Happy with what is too.

Offline The Djinn

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 19
    • [CA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 20, 2013, 11:41:46 am »
There are already costumes with animal skull shoulder pads, cowboy hats, venetian masks and all sort of semi-sillyness. Who the hell would wear a tophat while running around repairing an airship? I think these suggestions are not far off from the aesthetic at all.

The thing is that, silly as those costumes are for practical purposes, they still fit the slightly exaggerated theme of "1920's inspired post-apocalyptic Steampunk" that GoI seems to have going.

I'm just very wary of the trap that TF2 fell into: it started with an amazingly tight visual theme (ours is a little more broad), but then became a complete parody of itself by having all sorts of unrelated cosmetic items throw in willy-nilly.

Offline Gryphos

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 57
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 20, 2013, 12:03:24 pm »

The thing is that, silly as those costumes are for practical purposes, they still fit the slightly exaggerated theme of "1920's inspired post-apocalyptic Steampunk" that GoI seems to have going.

I'm just very wary of the trap that TF2 fell into: it started with an amazingly tight visual theme (ours is a little more broad), but then became a complete parody of itself by having all sorts of unrelated cosmetic items throw in willy-nilly.

Exactly, first it starts as just a few weird hats and holiday themed costumes, next thing you know you have captains sailing around the sky in clown outfits and clothes referencing franchises that shouldn't even exist in GoI world. I would rather have a bunch of awesome looking themed faction costumes than anything else.

Offline Andika

• Salutes: 114
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 20, 2013, 04:16:06 pm »

Exactly, first it starts as just a few weird hats and holiday themed costumes, next thing you know you have captains sailing around the sky in clown outfits and clothes referencing franchises that shouldn't even exist in GoI world. I would rather have a bunch of awesome looking themed faction costumes than anything else.

Sooo... that means I should forget about my giant pink dotted cake hat? :(

Offline The Djinn

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 19
    • [CA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 20, 2013, 05:42:25 pm »

If I had my way, yes. I think a cosmetic item like that would really feel terribly and obviously out-of-theme to me.

Now, if outfits could have, say, clan patches on the shoulder...that's a different issue. I'd be okay with small cosmetics not fitting the theme, as they'd be kind of cool yet not obviously apparent except on close inspection.

Offline DMaximus

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 28
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 21, 2013, 12:04:52 am »

If I had my way, yes. I think a cosmetic item like that would really feel terribly and obviously out-of-theme to me.

Now, if outfits could have, say, clan patches on the shoulder...that's a different issue. I'd be okay with small cosmetics not fitting the theme, as they'd be kind of cool yet not obviously apparent except on close inspection.

I would pay an obscene amount of money (wrt to virtual clothing) if I could get lambert's MM logo on the shoulder of my outfit.

Offline ElversEden

• Salutes: 3
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 21, 2013, 03:08:46 pm »
A KILT