Author Topic: Players You Miss  (Read 84271 times)

Offline The Mann

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 146
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
Re: Players You Miss
« Reply #105 on: July 24, 2015, 10:08:36 am »
When I first joined this game, I was a complete newb, I first got the game with a friend who called himself, MonsterMunchYum. He played 34 games and then left forever. I have spoken to them in a very long time.  :-\

After 3 games, we came across a very funny english person called "Jon of the Skies" we played for a bit and he invited us to join his clan, "The Valkyr" or "Flight of the Valkyries".

After those 34 games, I did not see MonsterMunchYum after that and [FotV] were also hiding. Last time I saw a member was 10 days ago, we had a very nice reunion.  :D

After many months of being alone as a [FotV], I got lonely and decided to go into exile. a lone ranger. During this time, I came across many nice players, Some names I remember include Rurumeto, HalbertCpt.Miles and Poptart.

Poptart was a very funny person. He loved my captain's costume which I am sure many people have seen these days. Sadely, the player went offline and I have not seen them. I hope they are Okay.  :-\

As you can imagine, many of these people including myself are not very old in this game, Most in fact have been offline for only about 100 days or more but I still miss the fun times we have had.

Other contenders for people I miss who play this game include Flebe Tyronian, I have not seen a [FIRE] clan ship with so much awesomeness and fire in a long time.

Mr.Burd, a man of mystery. never spoke or typed but was fun to fly with.

Doctor Shark. Hilarious man. Had a really sinister voice and always treated enemy teams as super hero's trying to foil his evil plans. This player once knocked my socks off by ramming me in a pyramidion to death on a Galleon. Was so quick...

Finally, what happened to LeonXross? I have not seen that player in a long time, I miss the random moments we had. Such as a 4v4 King of the flayed hills with all 4 ships being squids. We called each ship "Cr*p Arrow" 1 - 4 and we constantly tarred and mined the opposition. Was so much fun back then. *Sigh*  :'(

Offline Carn

• Salutes: 63
    • [DAGZ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: July 24, 2015, 10:27:51 am »
Oswyn Besswick, of the HNM clan. He was the one who introduced me to the mine launcher. A clan full of people who only role-played, they had their own mythology, involving that the Queen was born from an exploding mine, and had charged them with trying to sell a single orange. Sadly, they kept killing those who might buy the orange. Not a large clan, but an amazingly funny one, and Oswyn was my first encounter with them. I hadn't been playing for a week, then I landed in his Mine Madness Monday lobby. He was piloting a squid. That match is one of the fondest in my memories. The clan is fairly inactive on GOI now sadly, I know they play other games. But still, I miss the madman's cackle when a perfect mine landed.

Offline -Muse- Grimick

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 25
    • [Grim]
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: July 25, 2015, 12:58:32 am »
This thread is actually really sad :(

I really miss Enohi.

She was one of the first ten people to join my clan, and boy did we have a good time. She was like my second voice, and would always secretly sass people in ways that only the two of us understood. So many good memories.

Until just recently she was the oldest member of Grim (besides me of course), but one of my officers finally removed her now that she has been offline for almost a year :( Her computer broke, and then she had to start working like crazy and couldn't sass people for me anymore.

I also miss Sheamzilla, he was a little rough- but he was a good guy. I hope he is doing ok, I haven't talked to him in a while.

Offline Kamoba

• Salutes: 175
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
    • Robin and Magpie Leather
« Reply #108 on: February 11, 2016, 11:15:34 am »
Necro time!

Silverst from Trading Troops, a great friend who I share the occasional message with from time to time.

Playing with the Ryder's and Fynx.

Eric at dev matches.

And all the awesome people I wish I had more time to play with.

Offline Schwalbe

• Salutes: 178
    • [ψ꒜]
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: February 11, 2016, 11:53:53 am »
LeonXross, because he'd really make you sweat aboard, yet being fun/psychotic to fly with.

Most of my now ex-clan, I had a blast with those guys.

Most of decent new players I encounter and add to my friends only to see them stop playing shortly after even though they were cheering while playing with me.

ryedstar, the guy wasn't a member of a real-life KNTG invited to in-game KNTG, fast learner. I believe we scared him with his woman back in the day when we had Disaster aboard, constantly pissed about "that fucking noob", who turned out not only to be his woman but also that she was invited to a party chat...

waffleghost, extremely kind person, skilled enough to kick some ass while flying a galleon having 600+ ping.

Dr.Zan ten to be fucking annoying and unnerving, but hey. I had some fun flying with him.

Offline Hoja Lateralus

• Salutes: 135
    • [ψ꒜]
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: February 13, 2016, 05:28:13 am »
I believe we scared him with his woman back in the day when we had Disaster aboard, constantly pissed about "that fucking noob", who turned out not only to be his woman but also that she was invited to a party chat...

It was an honest mistake :P

Offline Schwalbe

• Salutes: 178
    • [ψ꒜]
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: February 13, 2016, 12:21:05 pm »
It was an honest mistake :P

Which doesn't change the fact I haven't seen them in game ever since, and despite I have contact with him via Facebook, I feel too insecure to ask. :P

Edit: I liked Ryedstar, he had quite a potential to be a good comprehensive player. :P
« Last Edit: February 13, 2016, 12:23:20 pm by Schwalbe »

Offline Cheesy Crackers

• Salutes: 82
    • [Gent]
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #112 on: March 23, 2016, 08:36:27 am »
I cant remember his name now but, when the bounty system first came out I spent ages trying to win a match against this guy. Eventually I finally beat him and a I ended up crewing on ships with him. Was loads of fun to have another guy to cooperate with but a week later or so he reached military age so had to start training and didn't have access to goio or anything else, don't think he's been online since.

Offline Piemanlives

• Salutes: 155
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: March 23, 2016, 08:40:42 am »
Mill Wilkinson? I know he lives/lived in Finland back when he was active here in the forum and I know Finland has mandatory military service.

Anyways... Aside from that could we all take a moment to quietly remember some of the first casters GoIO ever had, Qwerty Kun and Papa Paradox. Generally funny and interesting guys who helped get the community competitive scene off the ground.

I still miss Keon and Sgt. Spoon, two of my closest friends here in GoIO for a rather long while.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2016, 09:04:03 am by Piemanlives »

Offline ShadedExalt

• Salutes: 76
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: June 03, 2016, 04:29:08 pm »
I miss Kamoba already.

Offline Lanliss

• Salutes: 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: June 03, 2016, 05:05:37 pm »
I was going to say the same thing Shade, and I never even got to play a match with him(her? I hate how little I knew one of the most awesome people on the boards...) that aside, I played once with Valhallen, and that was fun, though I am now only good at pilot, and would get his ship killed if I tried to engie on it. He was really the only name I remember from the past, since I solo queue. 

Offline The Mann

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 146
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: June 06, 2016, 04:55:22 am »
Every time I visit this thread, I feel envy. Everyone has met people in this game yet they've all faded away. All we have left is the memories of those people.

Every now and again, you come across old threads on these and the old forums with players you've seen in game before, but no longer.

On this thread, I've not seen anyone mentioned their name in a while but what happened to N-Sunderland. I played with them once, seen them on the forums many times yet I have not seen them in game since that one match on dunes on a Junker.

Also, anyone heard of Fred the Filth? I haven't seen them in game since the introduction of underdog.

Offline Lueosi

• Salutes: 56
    • [Rydr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: June 06, 2016, 05:25:52 am »
Fred only plays Hearthstone on his phone these days. Best Mortar gunner in the game and legendary fall off ship during hull break in R&D finals guy, may he rest in peace.

I miss Delta, the best engineer / crew member I encountered in this game so far. Excellent communication and prioritization, good eye, high gunning skill. I hope he finds his true love <3 .

Offline Goldenglade

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 47
    • [Grim]
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: June 06, 2016, 03:06:11 pm »
This thread is actually really sad :(

I really miss Enohi.

She was one of the first ten people to join my clan, and boy did we have a good time. She was like my second voice, and would always secretly sass people in ways that only the two of us understood. So many good memories.

Until just recently she was the oldest member of Grim (besides me of course), but one of my officers finally removed her now that she has been offline for almost a year :( Her computer broke, and then she had to start working like crazy and couldn't sass people for me anymore.

I also miss Sheamzilla, he was a little rough- but he was a good guy. I hope he is doing ok, I haven't talked to him in a while.

true story q.q She's awesome and I miss her despite the awkward that we were xD We hung out at my place for like 2 months once I met her..... well you know in at around.... adventures were had before I moved away before I went completely mental... that's a whole different story.... sad times q.q

Offline Naoura

• Salutes: 25
    • [Sass]
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: September 26, 2016, 03:05:18 pm »
Since they are still active but not as active as they kind of were... I miss my old clan, SPQR. I remember some great nights with Nat and KitKat, and even Jub when he would allow it. Never get the chances to play with them anymore.