Author Topic: Players You Miss  (Read 85450 times)

Offline Andika

• Salutes: 114
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
Re: Players You Miss
« Reply #90 on: November 08, 2013, 05:44:11 am »
I miss Spud Nick. I haven't played with him for two entire days!  :(

Offline HamsterIV

• Salutes: 328
    • View Profile
    • Monkey Dev
« Reply #91 on: November 08, 2013, 10:43:45 am »
Has any one seen or heard from Pie Co President recently?

Offline RearAdmiralZill

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 144
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: November 08, 2013, 10:47:25 am »
Too many times have I made a joke where Hizumi would likely make it 100 times better after the fact.

Offline redria

• Salutes: 136
    • [OVW]
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: May 02, 2014, 08:41:03 am »
Necro'd, because this is an amazing thread.

Having spent most of my time playing on pyramidions, I have lots of fond memories of pyramidion pilots (and 1 squid pilot)

LeakyO - The first pyramidion pilot I followed around (as a main engineer) who used his engines. This is the guy to blame for how much I use my engines.
Miau - One of the best pilots I've flown with. He has legitimate reasons for leaving, but I miss him anyway.
Ellandra Clarison - Engineer/pyra pilot I flew with for a bit. I left the game for about a month and haven't seen her on since.
emptybeercan - Insane squid pilot. Plays while (presumably) massively drunk. He almost never lost back in the day. Seen him around a few times recently, but there have been several patches and his squid build was... possibly less than optimal :P But one of the most fun pilots to play with.
Frogger - Seems like just yesterday that I flew with the guy.

Offline BdrLineAzn

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 103
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: July 20, 2015, 07:42:56 pm »
Bringing back a dead thread but in remembrance.

So many names I seen come and go here goes:

Hizumi
Cul
Mawdjulus
Sgt. Spoon
Letus
Lord Dick Tim
Friedumb
DDT
Djinn
PapaParadox
FurryMessiah
 There maybe more but dang.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2015, 07:44:39 pm by BdrLineAzn »

Offline Piemanlives

• Salutes: 155
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: July 20, 2015, 07:46:56 pm »
There are always more, always more.

Offline BdrLineAzn

• Community Ambassador
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: July 20, 2015, 08:00:39 pm »
What do you think the cutoff date was for the 'Old Guard' of Guns?

Offline Queso

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 126
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: July 20, 2015, 09:09:57 pm »
Anyone else remember Hindenberg?

Offline Piemanlives

• [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: July 20, 2015, 09:20:40 pm »
Pirate man, Hindenburg was an interesting character.

Offline Twinkie D-Lite

• Salutes: 12
    • [KG]
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: July 21, 2015, 09:43:04 am »
You worthless bunch of black hearted scallywags. I cant believe no one mentioned Captain Phoenix. Did he not brighten the dull and dreary lobbies with his charming and gentlemanly chatter? Always willing to help the less fortunate and share his wisdom with us all, and always a kind word to all the newcomers.

Offline Piemanlives

• [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: July 21, 2015, 10:23:24 am »
I've actually found that names have begun to escape me...

Offline Queso

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 126
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: July 21, 2015, 10:50:04 am »
Been a good long time since I've seen Smollett around too. Had dinner with him once at Pax. Nice guy.

Offline BdrLineAzn

• Community Ambassador
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: July 21, 2015, 11:45:55 am »
Hate him or love him, anyone remembers Firestone.

Offline HamsterIV

• Salutes: 328
    • View Profile
    • Monkey Dev
« Reply #103 on: July 21, 2015, 12:41:24 pm »
Hate him or love him, anyone remembers Firestone.
My first word to him was "Hello" his first words to me were "Shut the F*** up and do what I say." I have to respect a man who knows how to captain.

Offline DJ Logicalia

• Salutes: 191
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: July 24, 2015, 09:41:31 am »
There are old clanmates who have since stopped playing who I remember fondly. Chungus, Gunter Gant, Squic, ObsidianOrb, GREENS, SGT.penguin, Blind Duke, Sethra Cellecant, and others.

A few people became Bards after leaving their clans, people like Sheamzilla, who was a bit rough around the edges, but people gave him a much harder time than he deserved. We took him in after he was clanless and it was his final home. I hope he comes back one day. I checked his steam, and he hasn't played anything since January. I hope he's still doing all right. I know he was dealing with a lot of difficult things, I really hope nothing's happened to him.

There are also those few random friends that we all run across if we're playing the game properly. A clan I made a lot of friends in were The lols. A clan I was immediatly turned off too by the name, but turned out to have a lot of great people in it. Some people I met while in that clan still play, Like Blacky Sabbath (now Black Sabbath), Isla, -Horus-, but some I haven't seen in a long time. People like Poppetry, and Citizen Fry. Pop reliable in every role. I hope she comes back some day. And Fry was amazing. I always looked up to him as an engineer and he was great company as well. He was one of the funniest people I've met in GoI. He had this amazing voice that was able to do dry, deadpan humor so well. I hope he comes back someday as well.

Non-lols include people like SteveOfWar who it took me a while to grow fond of, but I did and now it's sad he doesn't play anymore. NicoT I used to play with a lot in my early days, but his log ins are growing further and further apart. Patched Wizard was a pilot I looked up to and was afraid of for a long time, but then we became friends after we officially met. Those were in the days of StarBard, my first real step into the competitive scene. Patched was the ultimate +1. He was always clanless, but could do anything you needed him to. Top rate engi, stellar pilot. He's sworn off the game for a while, but I'm hopeful he'll make a triumphant return eventually. Shinigami Mensa was an oddball, but I liked having him around. He was going through some pretty rough stuff right up until the point he last logged in. Wherever he is, I hope he's ok still. Atruejedi was someone who made games interesting a lot. He was drunk most of them time, but he was a good drunk. tomdrifmach was someone who taught me a lot. He was great in every role and was super reliable. I'm sad he doesn't play anymore, even if he was tiring to be around

I also miss the group I signed up with for my first SCS. We joined in as a Rag Tag Bunch of Misfits. Me from the then MUS as a fresh engineer, Sinistrus piloting along side Duchess of Gilmaness from CsM, crewed by people like Spinach and The Cunning Linquist from AFNC. We got 5-0'd twice by SPQR, but we still had fun. These people don't really play any more, which is sad. They were a good group and had a lot of potential.

Also, I feel someone should make mention of Garner and the [Ottr] clan. Before the matchmaking update, every Tuesday without fail, he would hold an event that was always a lot of fun to goof around in. There were rules for wonky builds and everyone always had a good time.