Author Topic: Players You Miss  (Read 85451 times)

Offline N-Sunderland

• Salutes: 281
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
Players You Miss
« on: March 09, 2013, 10:42:54 pm »
As time passes, players come and go from GoIO. Some simply won't leave, while others give up after one match. In any case, all of the experienced players around here have seen people coming and going. Sometimes, there are some players who you fly alongside day after day, or perhaps you just admire their skill, and then they stop playing.

So, for you old timers around here, who do you wish was still playing?

I used to fly with Frogger all the time, then I took a two week break from the game, and when I came back he was gone. Hasn't even logged on to Steam since.

Otherwise, some really good players from beta don't seem to be around anymore. Seriously, when was the last time anybody saw Spaceman?

Offline Yiski

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 42
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
Re: Players You Miss
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2013, 10:46:25 pm »
Ah yes, I also crewed with Frogger a when I first got the game at release.

Another person I miss is Lemur. He was the first captain I crewed for and the first time I realized that ramming was a viable strategy though I freaked out when I noticed the armor go from full to gone instantly.

Offline N-Sunderland

• [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2013, 10:50:22 pm »
Ah yes, I also crewed with Frogger a when I first got the game at release.

I remember meeting you online for the first time thanks to Frogger. He was really confident about your gunning, and he turned out to be right.

Offline Phoebe

• Salutes: 62
    • [SPQR]
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2013, 10:55:16 pm »
I don't play Guns of Icarus Online long enough to miss any players;- hell... I don't even really KNOW any players yet!

That said I think it's really neat that you guys remember your past friends and crew members and openly state missing them - I really like how this game seems to have a pretty solid core of people who befriend each other and get along well.  Many games these days kind of miss this as it's lost in a sea of competitive spirit and frustration and anger between peers.

So yeah;- really just doing a fly-by in this thread to state my excitement about the community in this game. :)

Offline Piemanlives

• Salutes: 155
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2013, 11:01:07 pm »
I wonder whatever happened to spaceman, he was one of the best captains I ever had the pleasure to fly against. he was a mad man with a squid and damn do I miss him.

Offline N-Sunderland

• [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2013, 11:09:05 pm »
I remember Spaceman saying that he got bored after the game was slowed down. I guess he might have been discouraged by how the Saint Rocket wasn't the menace it once was.

But still, a hell of a player. Watching him performing ram kills with a Pyra was just glorious.

Offline RearAdmiralZill

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 144
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2013, 11:36:08 pm »
Let me see if I can remember. Frogger was definitely one. IPConfig was one Hell of an engineer. I miss silence, with his recorder theme songs. And last guy i can remember is Sir Hippo. Mad man with a goldfish.

Offline N-Sunderland

• [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2013, 11:39:27 pm »
Let me see if I can remember. Frogger was definitely one. IPConfig was one Hell of an engineer. I miss silence, with his recorder theme songs. And last guy i can remember is Sir Hippo. Mad man with a goldfish.

My god, I loved it when silence played the recorder. That was always hilarious!

While I'm at it, another guy I used to engineer for was Ace of Pilots. Good captain, and I will always remember what he said after his first match with me.

"I have the best engineer in the world. He fixes shit."

Offline Charon

• Salutes: 95
    • [RAFT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2013, 07:56:41 am »
Satchmo! I haven't seen him in forever. I miss the Ophelia and his Captain Picard-esque voice.

Offline Sgt. Spoon

• Salutes: 112
    • [Keno]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2013, 08:47:04 am »
Mr. Walrus and Racercowan...   darn that was ages ago, albeit I still have some great memories of random on and off-topic chatter. I bet Pieman and Keon are the only one's to remember them now

Thomas, being generally awesome in moderation

Imperator, I wonder what the hell happened to the Armada of Perdix anyways

Hindenberg, oh god he was hilarious to play with. I never did manage to speak properly pirateish like him.

And Spaceman, even though having questionable ways, I can't say that I don't miss him. Last time I saw him was some months ago when he hit me up on steam, asking how the community was going, or something like that.

I bet I'm forgetting someone...

Offline N-Sunderland

• [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2013, 09:45:43 am »

Mr. Walrus and Racercowan...   darn that was ages ago, albeit I still have some great memories of random on and off-topic chatter. I bet Pieman and Keon are the only one's to remember them now

Thomas, being generally awesome in moderation

Imperator, I wonder what the hell happened to the Armada of Perdix anyways

Hindenberg, oh god he was hilarious to play with. I never did manage to speak properly pirateish like him.

And Spaceman, even though having questionable ways, I can't say that I don't miss him. Last time I saw him was some months ago when he hit me up on steam, asking how the community was going, or something like that.

I bet I'm forgetting someone...

I remember racercowan and Imperator from the forums, but I never saw them in-game. I played against Thomas a single time during the beta, and that was after the Spire was introduced.

I'll never forget Hindenburg's pirate talk. He was at the Fjords tournament, actually.

Offline N-Sunderland

• [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2013, 10:36:03 am »
Satchmo! I haven't seen him in forever. I miss the Ophelia and his Captain Picard-esque voice.

I see Satchmo logging in every few days. Haven't flown with him in a couple of weeks now. He was pretty hilarious, especially when he gave me a talk about the "penis rock" on Canyon Ambush XD

Offline Sgt. Spoon

• Salutes: 112
    • [Keno]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2013, 10:43:20 am »
I'll never forget Hindenburg's pirate talk. He was at the Fjords tournament, actually.

oh right, he was supposed to be teamed with Saint rocket. But then something happened.

Offline N-Sunderland

• [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2013, 10:48:42 am »

oh right, he was supposed to be teamed with Saint rocket. But then something happened.

Yeah, Spaceman (among others) failed to show up, unfortunately. Hindenburg ended up playing for Supplies, though, alongside Ariadne. They gave us a hell of a time. It ended in a 5-4 in our favour.

Offline Piemanlives

• Salutes: 155
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2013, 03:17:40 pm »
I haven't seen Keon around, I just might be locked in this section of the forum actually though I do wander about in the others from time to time. But damn, I do miss Mr.Walrus and Racercowan, but I guess us old forum wanders are all that's left of the idiotic and care free times of the beta. It's really sad to see good friends and players leave but people are bound to do that aren't they? But as for Hindenburg, I met him during pax was it? I think it was, muse went over to pax in seattle which just so happens to be an hour are 2 south from where I live (At the best of times at least) I got on with bubbles and lo and behold! For Hindenburg and I began talking smack to one another, it was wonderful.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2013, 03:20:29 pm by Piemanlives »