Author Topic: This Goddamned Community.....  (Read 23425 times)

Offline Serenum

• Salutes: 12
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
Re: This Goddamned Community.....
« Reply #30 on: October 14, 2013, 08:11:29 am »
Indeed!

Offline geggis

• Salutes: 12
    • [VAL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 14, 2013, 11:10:22 am »
A friend and I played last night and encountered a captain who had turned voice chat off because of 'spammers'. We only found this out after 10 or 15 minutes trying to communicate with him before asking him in text chat if he could hear us. When we said that Guns of Icarus Online doesn't really suffer from 'spammers' he said 'bs' and that was that. God knows what other multiplayer games he plays with voice chat on if he thinks Guns of Icarus' community is intolerable...

Offline Imagine

• Salutes: 59
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
    • Twitch Stream
« Reply #32 on: October 14, 2013, 11:25:17 am »
A friend and I played last night and encountered a captain who had turned voice chat off because of 'spammers'. We only found this out after 10 or 15 minutes trying to communicate with him before asking him in text chat if he could hear us. When we said that Guns of Icarus Online doesn't really suffer from 'spammers' he said 'bs' and that was that. God knows what other multiplayer games he plays with voice chat on if he thinks Guns of Icarus' community is intolerable...
Errrr... all of them?

:D

Offline Letus

• Salutes: 34
    • [SAC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 21, 2013, 12:20:24 am »
Errrr... all of them?

:D

Maybe he doesn't know the difference between "spammers" and "spanners?"

'cause there are a lot of spanners in this game...

Offline Agraphia

• Salutes: 2
    • [IRIS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 21, 2013, 03:43:21 am »
No other game gives you the possibility to play with veterans straight from day 1. And the percentage of communities, that would receive a beginner warmly is close to null. But, seriously! Got coached by Zormac (huge kudos to you, sir! you are a living encyclopaedia and a great teacher!) on day 2 in the game. For 2 hours straight. Needless to say, I was flabbergasted. Then, after some novice games, jumped straight into the fray. And played with people with thousands of games in their bags.

What I meant to say is - you complete me. <3

Thank you.

Sincerely.