Author Topic: Weapon: Thunder Cloud bomb (quick suggestion)  (Read 12802 times)

Offline Crafeksterty

• Salutes: 73
    • [GwTh]
    • View Profile
Weapon: Thunder Cloud bomb (quick suggestion)
« on: October 03, 2013, 05:44:57 pm »
I just want to post a quick suggestion of a weapon that i came up with, very inspired by air buccaners powder cannons or whatever they had.

Basically...

Thunder Bomb

A gun that shoots like the mine launcher, has the same arc, arming time, Projectile... pretty much shoots the same as the mine launcher.
But instead of a mine, it deploys a 10 second cloud not as big as the tar cloud but half the size that flashes in sparks, the cloud is a bit blue even.

What this gun does is it denies projectiles, or to be more precise, explosive projectiles. It blows up any explosive projectiles when passing or touching the cloud.

Any ship that passes thru this cloud get random fires. long as it is in there.

Thats it!   Ide say it has a 7 second cooldown/reload or 5. Just enough to multi task 2 areas.

Now it is not as big as tar, and this cloud makes projectiles explode, meaning if it misses but a ship is real close to it, may still damage it with AOE.
It works against both parties, so if a galleon has it on his side gun and he shots it out, his heavy flaks or hwacha will be blocked if so.

It is a defencive weapon made to combat having no armor with timing...

Now that i think about it, lets give it a 15 second reload.

What do you think, is another defencive weapon that denies explosive projectiles too much or does it add a cool new gameplay?

Offline Gambrill

• Salutes: 26
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
Re: Weapon: Thunder Cloud bomb (quick suggestion)
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2013, 06:02:14 pm »
You say it has no arming time, so if someone was to fire this thing AT an enemy ship it would instantly deploy on them. it would easily become a better weapon to use than a flamer. I love the idea of creating a differnt kind of area denial with a different ideal, would it be a large or small weapon? And with no arming time it'd just fly out constantly until it reached its max distance or an obstacle. So you'd HAVE to hit a ship or hopefully hit some rubble nearby that can assist you.

If its a light gun i could imagine a 3/2 thunder + mine junker / mobula causing a great area denial :P for such an amazingly defensive weapon i'd need to have a large reload time. maybe double that of a hwacha so that it can't be spammed to the point where no explosives can reach you.

However if a large gun, a galleon could have a purely defensive side to protect itself while its otherside gets repairs/reloads/your ship is getting battered by a lumberfish :P

Offline Crafeksterty

• [GwTh]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2013, 06:07:07 pm »
No arming time? I gave it the arming time of the mine launcher. But yeah, maybe a longer reload time would be better. 15 is 5 seconds between one Thunder cloud... bomb thing. 20 starts to become too much and im not planning on giving it constant fire damage as quick as the flame thrower. Or faster than the flame thrower, it puts fire on all components but not as fast at all. An easy risk to take if your a pyramidion, squid or goldfish.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2013, 06:10:48 pm by Crafeksterty »

Offline Gambrill

• [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2013, 06:21:05 pm »
ahh sorry dude didn't spot you saying about the arming time ^^ but i love the idea :) What you think then, Heavy or light? of course this has nothing unless muse see it. xD

Offline Crafeksterty

• [GwTh]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2013, 06:31:45 pm »
It is just a suggestion and if they see it, maybe they will take the inspiration or not, ive wanted it to be a light one. Dont know why a heavy one. If heavy, it would have to have more uses than just, blocking shots and a little fire damage.

Offline Richard LeMoon

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 284
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2013, 07:25:53 pm »
I like this, but would actually go the opposite direction. Make it a multi-shot 'tesla-class' mine weapon. Once a mine is launched and armed, it would pump out an electrified/magnetized gas cloud that destabilizes (not stops) bullets and rounds, modifying their trajectory. Explodes special munitions. Mine explodes after a set time, dissipating the cloud and perhaps dealing moderate component damage to any nearby ships. The mechanics of it are very mysterious and shrouded in smoke, of course.  ;)

Each mine would have a relatively small area of coverage (maybe half the size of the Galleon?) so it would take several well placed mines to create a defensive 'wall' of sorts. Like the mine launcher, limit the number of active units to something reasonable.

Pros- Enemy can't shoot effectively through it. Flying though it causes slight component damage, or possibly just some sort of extra drag.

Cons- You can't shoot effectively through it. It also damages you if you fly through it. Very low damage weapon. Useless up close.

Option: mine and cloud 'stick' to any ship that bumps into the core mine. Basically blinds the ship, but also provides some protection from incoming rounds.

Offline Gambrill

• [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2013, 07:37:13 pm »
Me likey this idea.  It would obviously need dev app testing etc. :) i would welcome this weapon with open arms. Especially if it causes fire :3

Offline Cl ick to Ca p t ain

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 25
    • [?]
    • View Profile
    • ṋ̟̳̪͒ͦ͑ͯ͒̓̾͌̓ͥ̐̓o̹̗̭̝̪͚͖͙̖̝̳͔̮̟͙͆ͬ̇̋͗̒ͮͭ͌ͥ̀ͩͮ̆͛ͭ͐̈́ ̝̘̟̝̥̭͔̼͓͖̘̜̦̰͒͊̒͆̃ͩ͛̋͋̎̂̊̏͆ͣ̚ͅ ͓̦̖͔̖̞̟̱͉̪͇̮̫͉̀͋̆͗̑̽̿̚ͅ ̥͍͚̣̂̈́ͪ͋̂ͥ̊ͧͣ͌̉̇̓͆ͨ̔ͤ̍ ̫͇͕̤̣̩̗͎̭̙̱͔̘̝͖̀ͭ̆͂̈́ͅ ͎̹͓̼͖̥̤̗ͦͤ̈̄̚ͅt͎̞̺̱̜̺̋̋̊͗ͬ͗ͪͩ̈ͮ̽̐̉̀̅ͫ̃h̤̺͎͖̯͈͍̲͛͂̉́̎̂̔̚ ̯̲͓̭̬̱͈̟̳͒͒̉̈̊͊ͅͅ ̘͓͈͚̦ͪ̽͑ͣ̓ͦ͊̐̿̇̈́ ͪͨ͛̌̔̽͆ͬͪ̂̐
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2013, 09:37:47 pm »
It could be like a mid air Fuel Air Bomb, where it detonates and releases a cloud of fuel vapor that ignites when shot. So you could hit a ship with it and if the ship fired a gun while in it, everything would catch on fire and take explosive damage, then leaving behind a cloud similar to tar. Sounds OP though thinking about it.

Offline Squidslinger Gilder

• Salutes: 287
    • [TBB]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2013, 04:12:47 am »
Could accomplish this by just adding a new ammo type. Or giving Charged Rounds this functionality. Would make charged interesting if on armor hit it does 30% dmg but on hull hit it adds an electrical effect where it would disrupt the power flow in the ship. While the effect lasts, turning and guns don't function as good.

• Community Ambassador
    • [?]
    • View Profile
    • ṋ̟̳̪͒ͦ͑ͯ͒̓̾͌̓ͥ̐̓o̹̗̭̝̪͚͖͙̖̝̳͔̮̟͙͆ͬ̇̋͗̒ͮͭ͌ͥ̀ͩͮ̆͛ͭ͐̈́ ̝̘̟̝̥̭͔̼͓͖̘̜̦̰͒͊̒͆̃ͩ͛̋͋̎̂̊̏͆ͣ̚ͅ ͓̦̖͔̖̞̟̱͉̪͇̮̫͉̀͋̆͗̑̽̿̚ͅ ̥͍͚̣̂̈́ͪ͋̂ͥ̊ͧͣ͌̉̇̓͆ͨ̔ͤ̍ ̫͇͕̤̣̩̗͎̭̙̱͔̘̝͖̀ͭ̆͂̈́ͅ ͎̹͓̼͖̥̤̗ͦͤ̈̄̚ͅt͎̞̺̱̜̺̋̋̊͗ͬ͗ͪͩ̈ͮ̽̐̉̀̅ͫ̃h̤̺͎͖̯͈͍̲͛͂̉́̎̂̔̚ ̯̲͓̭̬̱͈̟̳͒͒̉̈̊͊ͅͅ ̘͓͈͚̦ͪ̽͑ͣ̓ͦ͊̐̿̇̈́ ͪͨ͛̌̔̽͆ͬͪ̂̐
« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2013, 12:19:59 pm »
But the ships run on fuel and gas, not on electricity.

Offline Sprayer

• Salutes: 14
    • [SPQR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2013, 12:33:11 pm »
Ha! That's what I thought. Why would lightning disable diesel powered stuff? Oh wait.....

Offline Gambrill

• [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2013, 02:47:35 am »
surely you need some sort of electical supply to ignite the diesel?  :P And im sure Lightning if it struck the diesel might give a nice Cake based enjoyment effect........... Fire.

• Community Ambassador
    • [?]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2013, 06:54:53 pm »
Instead the lightning could give the crew a debuff, that'd be pretty neat. Could be a heavy weapon.

Offline Gambrill

• [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2013, 03:47:21 am »
Slows weapon turning speed fire rate reload time etc.? :P

• Community Ambassador
    • [?]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 08, 2013, 05:02:26 am »
any of those would work, or it could even slow crew movement, lol, making everyone move slowly.