Author Topic: Sight Design Discussion  (Read 12823 times)

Offline Letus

• Salutes: 34
    • [SAC]
    • View Profile
Re: Sight Design Discussion
« Reply #15 on: November 03, 2013, 05:19:05 am »
The only problem I have with the sights on the lumberjack (and hades) is that they obstruct the view. All the guns have a sight of some kind on them, but you never actually really use it. Your view is often to the side or above the gun/gun sights, using the circle thing to aim with instead. However with the hades/lumberjack, you get a dot with actual gun sights.

So my only issue is that the sights block the view, not necessarily how realistic or functional they are.

Only time I used a Reticle to aim was with a Typhon Heavy Flack because...well it's only thing you can aim semi decently with as a source...(seriously, the reticle is better than the Heavy Flak's sights.)

With the Hades, and especially the Lumberjack, only used the sights, while using the reticle to see if I'm centered.  They don't obscure the view much as you can still easily see the path of motion of the poor ship on the receiving end of either gun...and if it gets too obscure, usually means they're too close and it's time to not zoom.

Basically...you're going to keep the sight centered on the ship...

...at any range...

(yes I know the reticle is not that anymore, but it still plays the same purpose.)