Author Topic: Blueprints are set up horribly  (Read 8541 times)

Offline Helmic

• Salutes: 35
    • [NCNS]
    • View Profile
Blueprints are set up horribly
« on: March 09, 2013, 12:55:20 am »
You know those criss-crossing lines, the ones that turn at the same spot so you can't tell which component is linked to what node?

Knock that off.

It'd be better if those dashed lines would more clearly link component and node, just a direct line that only bends when necessary.  It'll still look steampunkish without being confusing and impractical.  I don't know how many times I've been on a Spire that has its top forward gun and starboard gun switched around because of this.

Offline N-Sunderland

• Salutes: 281
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
Re: Blueprints are set up horribly
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2013, 08:20:36 am »
I've always found them a bit annoying, too. The clarity could definitely be much better.

Offline Jazzza

• Salutes: 16
    • View Profile
    • Website
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2013, 08:44:28 am »
Although I agree that the design needs tweaking, I wouldn't go as far as to say "knock that off". It sounds pretty rude.

Offline Charon

• Salutes: 95
    • [RAFT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2013, 10:47:50 am »
Yeah, "knock that off" is a bit much to say to a group of people that make a game you like to play. The Muse Games team responds REALLY well to requests for reasonable change, and I'd suggest that you acknowledge that kindness.

Offline N-Sunderland

• [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2013, 11:12:01 am »
Yeah, "knock that off" is a bit much to say to a group of people that make a game you like to play. The Muse Games team responds REALLY well to requests for reasonable change, and I'd suggest that you acknowledge that kindness.

Saluted.

Offline Helmic

• Salutes: 35
    • [NCNS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2013, 05:24:02 pm »
It's a joke, I'm sure they aren't so terribly wounded by it that they can't see that.  Still doesn't change the fact that the criss-crossing lines don't help to improve the steampunk setting.

Offline N-Sunderland

• [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2013, 05:46:55 pm »
I understand that you didn't mean to insult them, but I couldn't pass up saluting a post that reminds us how hard these guys have to work.

And yes, the problem with the lines still stands.

Offline Jazzza

• Salutes: 16
    • View Profile
    • Website
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2013, 09:14:03 pm »

Saluted.

Damn I should've gone into more detail if I knew I could've been saluted...

Offline Swallox

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 30
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2013, 08:51:12 am »

Considering what I get away with saying about Bubbles and the Muse team in general on stream, I think you're safe. Unless you say something bad about Jess. Then the banhammer will be brought into play. She's scary.

Offline N-Sunderland

• [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2013, 09:48:18 am »
Considering what I get away with saying about Bubbles and the Muse team in general on stream, I think you're safe. Unless you say something bad about Jess. Then the banhammer will be brought into play. She's scary.

But why would anybody say something bad about Jess?