Author Topic: Integrating E-Sports  (Read 5553 times)

Offline Byron Cavendish

• Salutes: 89
    • [TB]
    • View Profile
    • The Brotherhood
Integrating E-Sports
« on: September 23, 2013, 06:58:54 pm »
Currently we have a downtime in our competitive scene. I'd like to raise certain points about how we could promote it on Muse's end. I think a majority of in-game players are not aware that there are competitive matches to watch. It would be great to see a comeback of the steam pop-ups of Cogs events starting, just like you currently do with the fireside chat. Furthermore, I would love to see some kind of integrated in-game UI, such as a streaming news, that lists upcoming events and links. Maybe even a little box with live video. I know keeping the in-game UI free from being cluttered and busy is a delicate business so I understand this may not be possible. However trying to integrate the vast community in our e-sport would keep them interested in the game much longer. Look what it did for LoL and SC2.

Offline evodoc

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 13
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
Re: Integrating E-Sports
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2013, 08:05:41 pm »
Currently we have a downtime in our competitive scene. I'd like to raise certain points about how we could promote it on Muse's end. I think a majority of in-game players are not aware that there are competitive matches to watch. It would be great to see a comeback of the steam pop-ups of Cogs events starting, just like you currently do with the fireside chat. Furthermore, I would love to see some kind of integrated in-game UI, such as a streaming news, that lists upcoming events and links. Maybe even a little box with live video. I know keeping the in-game UI free from being cluttered and busy is a delicate business so I understand this may not be possible. However trying to integrate the vast community in our e-sport would keep them interested in the game much longer. Look what it did for LoL and SC2.

So basically you're suggesteing something like an ingame Twitter feed? I agree then.

Offline HamsterIV

• Salutes: 328
    • View Profile
    • Monkey Dev
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2013, 08:07:16 pm »
I am sure the training day guys would also appreciate an in game feed of the latest community events.

Offline Piemanlives

• Salutes: 155
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2013, 08:12:58 pm »
I'm fairly certain they have mentioned it many times before.

Offline HamsterIV

• Salutes: 328
    • View Profile
    • Monkey Dev
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2013, 08:35:07 pm »
That is how I know they want it.

Offline Calico Jack

• Salutes: 25
    • [2620]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2013, 06:28:05 am »
That is how I know they want it.

:D

Remember E-sporters - training makes the players of tomorrow, we don't need to be strangers. In fact if you're in gmt-5 or gmt+1