Author Topic: [UI] Tab Menu Scoring Suggestion  (Read 4247 times)

Offline The Djinn

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 19
    • [CA]
    • View Profile
[UI] Tab Menu Scoring Suggestion
« on: September 20, 2013, 04:50:27 pm »
I've got a few UI suggestions, but rather than wait until I have all the mock-ups assembled I figured I'd present the easiest one right away.

I've noticed that the loading screens display the kills/points needed to win a match, but that this information cannot be found once the match is actually underway, which seems like a minor issue. The fix is simple:

This minor addition would show kills/points required to win the match, and immediately gives teams a sense of how close to victory they are. It's unobtrusive with its darker color scheme, meaning that your current point total is always the first thing that catches your eye, and thus there is little to no chance of the change causing confusion.

Thoughts? Suggestions?

Offline Captain Smollett

• Salutes: 122
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
Re: [UI] Tab Menu Scoring Suggestion
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2013, 06:22:16 pm »
Seems like a good idea.

Offline Mattisamo

• Salutes: 12
    • [Gent]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2013, 07:15:01 am »
but that this information cannot be found once the match is actually underway,

If you press 'M' (or whatever you map-key is bound to) you can see the objective. But I agree that this would be useful and pretty nice to have.

Offline The Djinn

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 19
    • [CA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2013, 09:36:29 am »
If you press 'M' (or whatever you map-key is bound to) you can see the objective.

Really? Thanks for the tip!  :D

But I agree that this would be useful and pretty nice to have.

Yeah: even knowing the tip you just mentioned, I think my solution provides a more logical & accessible place for the information, as it builds it into the scoreboard and immediately provides context of your current vs. your target score.