Author Topic: The Bounty Board  (Read 31490 times)

Offline Cid Ferringer

• Salutes: 10
    • View Profile
Re: The Bounty Board
« Reply #30 on: October 07, 2013, 02:03:18 am »
How would that encourage the hunters to go after the same bounty again?

If they've already killed someone, shouldn't they try to take down someone bigger instead of killing the same poor guy?

Offline Sprayer

• Salutes: 14
    • [SPQR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 07, 2013, 07:16:17 am »
Pfft. I didn't sign up as a bounty so that people let me alone.

Offline Cid Ferringer

• Salutes: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 07, 2013, 07:30:18 am »
Yeah but what's the point of killing the same person over and over..
Then you just need to find a bounty and just play that game until he/she leaves..

Maybe it's just me, but bounty hunting to me is more about going around looking for targets rather than targeting the same guy..

Basically if you have a bounty, people will stay in the game to try and kill you, you're just a player magnet..
Especially since you don't lose anything from dying to a wanted player?
And wanted players don't lose anything from losing?

I mean, it's fun to be a player magnet, but it seems kinda unfair since the slots are limited and it's only a win/win for you..

Offline Wundsalz

• Salutes: 72
    • [Rydr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 07, 2013, 07:57:05 am »
I think the system should maintain the 'head'hunting spirit. Bounties should definitely become significantly less interesting for hunters who have beaten them once. Still I see the need for a mechanic keeping people interested in the long run - right now the top 10 hunter points are quite stagnant in the ongoings season, as 2/3 of the bounties are more or less inactive and those faces one can see on a regular basis have probably already been hunted down by everyone interested in the bounty board. For example I've been 10 points behind nedsvart in the hunters board for about a week now, which seems to be quite close - still I highly doubt that I can surpass him until the end of the season- simply because there is no way for me to collect any more points (unless one of those swabbie/powder monkey/sailor bounties with 0 won matches shows up again by coincidence).

What about a system with heavily soft capped rewards for hunting down the same bounties multiple times?
e.g.: 10*(bounties avg. role level)*(number of wins)^(1/4) points per bounty? This would allow to double the points earned with a bounty by winning 16 matches against him and tripling the points with roughly 80 wins.
That way hunters could still actively influence the outcome of the season even if some bounties are inactive while the system maintains its "Gotta catch 'em all"-feeling, as going for multiple bounties will be more efficient than hunting down the same ones over and over again.

« Last Edit: October 07, 2013, 07:59:03 am by Wundsalz »

Offline Sprayer

• [SPQR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 12, 2013, 02:57:31 pm »
Since each bounty can only be collected once by each player, please add checkmarks on the bounty list so hunters can keep track of which bounties they already collected.

Anybody? 75(?) Bounties, kind of hard to keep track.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2013, 03:02:06 pm by Sprayer »

Offline Sprayer

• [SPQR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 17, 2013, 06:44:56 pm »
Disallow counting towards the bounty wins in private games - archriel with his 3 friends doing nothing but raising his score is just no fair sport.

Offline Arnox

• [Sw]
    • View Profile
    • Sand Wasps
« Reply #36 on: October 17, 2013, 11:28:29 pm »
I agree on this, but I think the whole system has to be reworked in his base.

With all the kindness, It just sick : I just logged in to see you were around 253 wins Sprayer, we just finished the first week. 253 ! Your last score was around 210 wins for a two weeks period. Same for Tolarin who was already at 50 wins, a few hours after the start of the event. It's insane.  :o
While I suppose Archriel and friends would like to compete with your score, in any form, I don't see why you are attempting the 1rst place again since you already has the badge, or is there some cumulative reward I'm not aware of ? (true question)

Some of us tried to keep the score by the normal way, but damn, I need to sleep, eat, and have a life. I don't think the purpose of the bounty system was to reward farm of any kind or the most time played per day.

So, again, Muse, please rethink the whole system. This, the hull repair exploit and other behaviours show the game is changing in a Competitive BullShit run.

Could I have my cool and fun steam/dieselpunk airship game back ?  :-\
« Last Edit: October 17, 2013, 11:48:26 pm by Arnox »

Offline Sprayer

• [SPQR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 18, 2013, 07:33:18 am »
Just finished one week? We're nearing the end of the season arnox and I'm pretty sure I had ~250 wins last season too.
Also I compete again since the "reward and a badge" really only ment "a badge" and hope to get something different this time.
Besides, the bounty reward is (from what I think) just a compensation to make people be bounties and active, so the bounty hunters get a chance to bring those points home. Farming those bounty wins in private games does not allow anyone to win your bounty.
Those 36 wins of tolarin a few hours after season start were not due to farming, but a bug that somehow counted his game triple.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2013, 07:35:38 am by Sprayer »

Offline Arnox

• [Sw]
    • View Profile
    • Sand Wasps
« Reply #38 on: October 18, 2013, 09:59:55 am »
I'm pretty sure about my numbers. And I saw a nice 50 for Tolarin, 36 wouldn't have shocked my that much. Also, I didn't related his score to a trick or a custom farm, wierd you are mentionning it. I was just trying to incitate Muse to rethink the whole system, for something more smart and accessible for the whole player base  ;). And Indeed custom matchs are not helping your bounty to be collected.

A system inciting people to break it at the very beginning is a bad system in my opinion.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2013, 10:02:52 am by Arnox »

Offline Byron Cavendish

• Salutes: 89
    • [TB]
    • View Profile
    • The Brotherhood
« Reply #39 on: October 18, 2013, 09:39:49 pm »
Disallow counting towards the bounty wins in private games - archriel with his 3 friends doing nothing but raising his score is just no fair sport.

I have noticed this as well. Not just the Riders doing it but other clans as well. But I have noticed Archriel sky rocketing as well. Kind of defeats the whole spirit of this feature, and it's kind of sad because I had had respect for him. Keyvias, perhaps next season either not allow bounties to not be claimed in private matches, or create diminishing returns on recently claimed bounties. Personally I never tried hard at the whole thing, but there is no point in even attempting to care if some clans want to rig it for themselves.

Offline DMaximus

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 28
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 18, 2013, 10:13:51 pm »
Maybe implement a daily limit on bounty wins?

Offline Dutch Vanya

• Salutes: 107
    • [Clan]
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 18, 2013, 10:55:14 pm »
When is the bounty starting over again?

Offline Sprayer

• [SPQR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 19, 2013, 08:08:20 am »
Monday 4am (dunno the timezone, some universal standard time)
It's written on the bounty board when you open it with the bounties tab.