Author Topic: Hit markers?  (Read 7918 times)

Offline Sprayer

• Salutes: 14
    • [SPQR]
    • View Profile
Hit markers?
« on: August 31, 2013, 12:56:10 pm »
So I noticed the hitmarkers have different sizes and those seem to be independent of the range of the target hit, do those sizes have any meaning to them?

Offline Echoez

• Salutes: 40
    • [Gent]
    • View Profile
Re: Hit markers?
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2013, 01:01:36 pm »
So I noticed the hitmarkers have different sizes and those seem to be independent of the range of the target hit, do those sizes have any meaning to them?

Basically, the larger it is, the more damage you are dealing, so if it suddenly gets smaller, you know you are probably not aimming for the component to which you deal optimal damage (doesn't mean that's always a bad thing though)

Offline Cheesy Crackers

• Salutes: 82
    • [Gent]
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2013, 10:08:01 am »
Also if it's red it means that component is destroyed (Useful for telling when hull armour is down)

Offline Zenark

• Salutes: 41
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2013, 12:21:06 pm »
If it's the full cross, that means it's your gun making the hits. The hollow/outline markers show where another gun on your ship is hitting. So you shooting a gat would have the full marker while your ally shooting the mortar will have the outlined markers.

Offline Sprayer

• Salutes: 14
    • [SPQR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2013, 08:48:14 am »
It's nice of you to still answere this, but you should notice I asked before the most recent patch when the hit markers weren't crosses and didn't have only two sizes.
Also, even though red hitmarkers do imply the component hit is destroyed, they do not mean the component is destroyed. They mean you damage the permahull. The difference? When the component you hit is destroyed but the hullarmor is still up, the hitmarkers stay white.

Offline FishType

• Salutes: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2013, 07:26:28 am »
The red cross only means that the hull is down, not the component you are hitting.

Offline HamsterIV

• Salutes: 328
    • View Profile
    • Monkey Dev
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2013, 02:03:00 pm »
Red crosses mean you are damaging unarmored hull. All damage to a destroyed component bleeds through to hull. So Red hit markers on a balloon mean the balloon is down and the hull armor is down. If the balloon gets fixed the hit markers will go back to yellow on the balloon but stay red on the hull. If the hull gets fixed the markers will go to yellow event though the dead balloon shots are still bleeding through to hull. Indirectly a red hit marker means the component you hit is destroyed due to the bleed through mechanic.