Author Topic: SEeeeEEEccreet  (Read 17041 times)

Offline Keon

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 105
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
SEeeeEEEccreet
« on: September 19, 2013, 07:16:11 pm »
"Oh one more thing.  I had to reschedule my flight to a redeye on Tuesday night.  Reason?  A meeting at Valve.  Agenda?  Top secret.  :D"
-Howard Tsao

discuss.

Offline Kitty.Hawk

• Salutes: 9
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
Re: SEeeeEEEccreet
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2013, 07:32:55 pm »
Obviously a meeting to discuss hats.

Offline N-Sunderland

• Salutes: 281
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2013, 08:10:33 pm »
Too slow Keon. I beat ya to it in another thread :P

Offline Keon

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 105
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2013, 09:57:09 pm »
It deserves it's own thread, don't derail your old thread about the co-op mode.

Offline ATeddyBear

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 12
    • [HRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2013, 10:13:17 am »
I know what it is.

Guns of Icarus Online: Adventure Mode is the third game in the Guns of Icarus series
Third game = 3
Valve = Half-Life
Half-Life 3 confirmed!

In all seriousness I would put my money on some sort of Guns of Icarus release on the about-to-be-announced Steam Linux based hardware.

Offline Imagine

• Salutes: 59
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
    • Twitch Stream
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2013, 11:12:10 am »
I'm going to guess it has something to do with the steam workshop thing they've mentioned before a few times.

If I were living in a fantasy world though, it's actually Valve throwing a buncha money at Muse to make Goio the next big e-sport :D

Offline Mr. Ace Rimmer

• Salutes: 31
    • [OVW]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2013, 11:18:32 am »
Not to put a dampener on some things. but wouldn't announcing GOIO
on the steam box be anti-climatic considering the game already runs on Linux, thus anybody who owns it would already be able to play it on said hardware?

Offline LordFunPants

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 49
    • [LFP]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2013, 12:10:52 pm »
Half-Life 3 confirmed!

Guns of Icarus Online IS Half-life 3! *twist* secrets out, and the next guns i'm working on are the portal gun and gravity gun. . .

Offline HamsterIV

• Salutes: 328
    • View Profile
    • Monkey Dev
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2013, 12:37:30 pm »
I would love to put fly squid with a portal gun. Put an orange portal in front of the manticore side of a friendly galleon, then find a target and put a blue portal on the canyon wall right next to them. Watch as hilarity ensues.

Offline QKO

• Salutes: 5
    • [TCD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2013, 01:11:55 pm »
Half-Life 3 confirmed!

Guns of Icarus Online IS Half-life 3! *twist* secrets out, and the next guns i'm working on are the portal gun and gravity gun. . .
Haah, portal gun in Icarus would be hilarious!

Offline ATeddyBear

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 12
    • [HRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2013, 02:02:30 pm »
...on the steam box be anti-climatic considering the game already runs on Linux, thus anybody who owns it would already be able to play it on said hardware?

True. Alright then, Now a theory that is far cooler.

Muse was invited to Valve to engage in talks over a new ARG to promote the release of Half-Life 3. It would be in the same vein as the Potato Sack games and Portal 2.

See the pieces are coming together. And the ARG finishing will coincide with both the "Steam Box" and Half-Life 3 being released. The cherry on top would be if you buy the "Steam Box" then you get a copy of Half-Life 3 free.

So...Half-Life 3 confirmed?

Offline Sgt. Spoon

• Salutes: 112
    • [Keno]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2013, 02:28:42 pm »
new crowbar engineer tool?

Offline -Muse- Cullen

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 47
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2013, 04:23:58 pm »
Yes. Guns of Icarus: Online - Adventure Mode is the code name for Half Life 2 part 2: redux

Offline Imagine

• Salutes: 59
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
    • Twitch Stream
« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2013, 04:34:07 pm »
Basically what we learned for today's foreside chat is dirty stuff happened between Howard and a steambox controller, resulting in probably a goio baby on the box.

Offline Squidslinger Gilder

• Salutes: 287
    • [TBB]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 23, 2013, 04:10:45 pm »
Valve buys Muse, ports GOIO to Source engine, game conquers the industry...portal opens in game to an alternate reality where HL3 becomes a reality. Gamers unite and drive the industry to a new golden age. Soon all PCs, Consoles, and Handhelds play GOIO and GOIO becomes a cultural phenomenon. School is replaced with airship training institutions. Inventors spurred by this start creating real airships.

Then in a few years time...

War erupts between those who want a regression of technology to make GOIO a reality and those who want lasers on airships.

The world is brought to the brink of chaos, the Regressionists are close to being defeated because lasers > bullets. Then when all hope is lost, the Regressionists release their ultimate weapon...A giant farting Sky Whale. The lasers have no effect on the behemoth's outer skin and only help heat it's internal volatile mixture to the farting point.

The whale farts, it's cloud covers the entire Earth. Most of the population is obliterated except for the Regressionists who took shelter knowing what the fart would do. The world is reshaped by the fart into the likeness of the GOIO world. The Regressionists rejoice as they take to their airships and explore the new untamed lands crafted by the fart.

They never forget the moment it all began. The fateful day when Howard visited Valve.