Author Topic: Training Day  (Read 105315 times)

Offline Coldcurse

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 164
    • [TFD]
    • View Profile
Re: Training Day
« Reply #120 on: May 21, 2013, 02:20:00 am »
ill be there

yohoho and a bottle of rum!

Offline Kyren

• Salutes: 80
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: May 27, 2013, 06:01:29 pm »
I'm not sure I'll be able to talk Tuesday and Wednesday this week, got a dentist visit tomorrow morning and the last time I had one I couldn't talk properly for 3 days :P If there'll be a Training Day, I can answer questions in the chat though! But playing/teaching without being able to talk, well.

Offline Skrimskraw

• Salutes: 160
    • [GwTh]
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: May 27, 2013, 06:05:40 pm »
unfortunately I am writing an exam on wednesday, its the day I get my exam question, so i need to read and read and read because I have to work thursdays at 6am, so i cant make it unfortunately.

aldeady told this to ataris, sorry I just forgot to post here.

Offline Ataris

• Salutes: 20
    • [Gent]
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: May 27, 2013, 06:35:11 pm »
I'll be on Training, so I guess we'll make it through somehow

Offline Coldcurse

• Community Ambassador
    • [TFD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: May 28, 2013, 03:49:17 am »
who is going to set up the game?

BLOW THE URZ HORN!

Offline Ataris

• Salutes: 20
    • [Gent]
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: May 28, 2013, 12:25:12 pm »
I'll do it as usually, 1-2 minutes before deadline

Offline Kyren

• View Profile
« Reply #126 on: July 17, 2013, 10:23:44 am »
Skrim's not coming today, so we're short one regular Trainer. Last time we did extremely well with making the Training Day a Beginners Match and holding it for 2 hours, but unless we get a good number of volunteers for today I'd make it 9 to 10 again! The reason being, that it's a bit difficult for meto be online for 2 hours straight  today :/

I'll start PMing now though, and we'll see what we can get together :)

Offline Calico Jack

• Salutes: 25
    • [2620]
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: July 17, 2013, 01:46:01 pm »
tbh I play every day I and try to give training when I'm online, (something I did even before there was an achievement for it)- but getting tied down to a schedule is a bitof a disincentive for me and I think it's the same for players I see, plus most new players don't really seem to want to plan ahead, but are happy to join something if it's there when they are online. Can I suggest it would it be more flexible to be able to approach the CA or MUSE on duty to announce that a targeted sandbox session will be happening in the next 10 mins sort of thing?

Offline Kyren

• View Profile
« Reply #128 on: July 17, 2013, 02:25:04 pm »
tbh I play every day I and try to give training when I'm online, (something I did even before there was an achievement for it)- but getting tied down to a schedule is a bitof a disincentive for me and I think it's the same for players I see, plus most new players don't really seem to want to plan ahead, but are happy to join something if it's there when they are online. Can I suggest it would it be more flexible to be able to approach the CA or MUSE on duty to announce that a targeted sandbox session will be happening in the next 10 mins sort of thing?

We're mainly doing the Training Days because they allow us to easily get a bunch of Trainers together, not so because they allow us to get so many trainees together :P Because there are literally always players in the game who would willingly join in a training session. With this format, we can usually offer 4 ships and aboard every ship a senior player to help with loadout, strategy in battle and everything else.

Hmmm, while I really like to hear that you're doing guided Sandbox tours there's not much I can do - or other CAs, for that matter. CAs and Trainers (who are sponsored by CAs) can join Beginners matches. CAs also have access to the forum calendar here, but we can't announce things in the Official Steam Group or in the announcement-board ingame.

As far as I know, we could only help you by joining in the Sandbox Training or by adding yellow names to the lobby chat, advertising your sandbox! The Forum and Steam events are... well, not that successfull.

Offline Calico Jack

• [2620]
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: July 17, 2013, 07:29:36 pm »
Perhaps I should rephrase my previous post, in essence I meant to say I believe I see a niche that needs  filling,

Just after I posted I grabbed the first CA on the ca list and gave it a shot, having a yellow tag posting in general chat with me worked quite well. Possibly with some regularity players might start watching for sessions - it did happen when I was doing this before.

Something I tried before was to try to train crew in a 2v2 match but the game lacked the ability to comm between teams to co ordinate attacks in the initial training part, but party chat has it covered this time around.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2013, 07:33:36 pm by Calico Jack »

Offline Coldcurse

• Community Ambassador
    • [TFD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: July 21, 2013, 06:20:43 am »
why are the trainings in lvl 1-3 rooms.

as one of the training captains i couldnt join and share my knowledge with the new kids

Offline Calico Jack

• [2620]
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: July 21, 2013, 07:30:17 am »
Captain Coldcurse - I'm guessing it's to stop people spawning in and dominating the match basically.

I tried running training matches before the level filters were introduced and generally speaking we got maybe 2 straight matches before higher level players would spawn in as captain and it took a lot of prompting to get them to give up the places.

Offline N-Sunderland

• Salutes: 281
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: July 21, 2013, 08:59:37 am »
If you want to help in Training Days, ask one of the CAs who run those things in advance to request permission for you. Then you'll be able to access the level-restricted training matches.

Offline Coldcurse

• Community Ambassador
    • [TFD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: July 21, 2013, 09:45:07 am »
im already registerd as one of the training captains, shouldnt i be given permission to enter the game?

Offline Kyren

• View Profile
« Reply #134 on: July 23, 2013, 11:50:34 am »
Training Day is approaching! Do we have the manpower to make a extended EU session again? 7-9 PM CET? I'd be in!