Author Topic: REPAIR and REPAIR SKILLS Balance v1.3.2  (Read 19451 times)

Offline Sprayer

• Salutes: 14
    • [SPQR]
    • View Profile
Re: REPAIR and REPAIR SKILLS Balance v1.3.2
« Reply #15 on: September 25, 2013, 06:41:24 pm »
Damage <> repairs. Say you decrease bloon health to 1000hp and decrease all the vs bloon modifiers by (wahtever the percentage that drop in hp is) too. Reduce helm tools damage by the same. Mallet can now fully repair bloons in 4 hits and the bloons are as durable as before. No idea what you are talking about Zill.

Offline Captain Smollett

• Salutes: 122
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 25, 2013, 06:43:51 pm »
I've mentioned this thought to Eric already but I'd thought I'd throw it on the forums to see what everyone thinks about this:

With the addition of a new fire weapon, the increased viability of existing fire weapons and the nerf to gattling resulting in overall longer engagements; does the chem spray need a buff?

Frequently engagements will last beyond 20 seconds making even the most diligently chem sprayed ship erupt into flames in the middle of a fire fight (no pun intended).  Should the chem spray duration be extended to 25 seconds or even longer to give engineers a chance to prophylactically protect their vessel (ok that pun might have been intended)?

Offline Calico Jack

• Salutes: 25
    • [2620]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 26, 2013, 06:43:48 am »
so is this when the buff hammer gets nerfed for guns to finally put the 3 engie crew rumour to bed?

Offline DMaximus

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 28
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 26, 2013, 08:35:03 am »
so is this when the buff hammer gets nerfed for guns to finally put the 3 engie crew rumour to bed?

I've often thought this would be a good way to make multiple ammo types more appealing.

Offline RearAdmiralZill

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 144
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 26, 2013, 09:10:03 am »
If buff ever did get nerfing, I could see it just applying to the gun damage bonus, ie: less of a % of added damage. I still take gunners regardless.

Offline Calico Jack

• [2620]
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 26, 2013, 09:59:22 am »
I could see it just applying to the gun

I believe that's what I said :)
when the buff hammer gets nerfed for guns

Offline RearAdmiralZill

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 144
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 26, 2013, 10:05:51 am »
Sorry for being a touch more detailed than you?

Offline Calico Jack

• [2620]
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 26, 2013, 10:13:41 am »
Just putting it in the context of a discussion Admrl Zill. Maybe it's just old time forum habits but I always quote people I'm discussing with for those that come after in the event there are multiple forks in a topic.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2013, 10:18:05 am by Calico Jack »

Offline Crafeksterty

• Salutes: 73
    • [GwTh]
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 26, 2013, 11:58:50 am »
Making balloons take less time to repair means lowering their health. Doing that makes them more susceptible to being taken down, giving the engi more work to do, meaning that such a change would achieve the opposite of its intended purpose.

Actually, the baloon allready goes down in a few hits from flachette, giving the engi allready too much work to do.

Prebuilding is key but god damn when the baloon is down, it will all transfer over to the hull. And like i said, when my baloon was 1% health it was more worthwhile having it rebuild than to repair from that point of health.

Offline Captain Smollett

• Salutes: 122
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 26, 2013, 04:06:59 pm »
It appears someone else has been musing over the effectiveness of chem spray since the patch:

https://gunsoficarus.com/community/forum/index.php/topic,2509.new.html#new

Offline N-Sunderland

• Salutes: 281
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 29, 2013, 07:32:57 pm »
Gonna mention this yet again.

Because of the buff bug fix, buffing the hull now restores armour each time, even if it's already buffed. Putting multiple buff hammers on the hull can render a ship essentially invincible. I think it should be changed so that only a buff on an unbuffed hull add the extra armour, and any buffs made before it runs out only make it last longer.

A couple of days ago I was on Frogger's Junker with a couple of other Ducks, and when we got in a bad situation we decided to see how long we could survive. We were getting rammed into the ground by a blenderfish (so double impact damage, and at a pretty solid weight disadvantage), but the double buff hammers on the hull made it so the armour never even got popped. It was essentially like having three mallets working together (if they could ignore each other's cooldowns).

Once again, this seriously needs a fix.