Author Topic: Game mode: Juggernaut  (Read 4310 times)

Offline Richard LeMoon

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 284
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
Game mode: Juggernaut
« on: September 14, 2013, 02:18:56 pm »
Typical Juggernaut scenario on the city maps. 4-8 ships. 1-v-everyone/alternating.

All ships enter the game on the 'blue' team. As the match starts, one is randomly selected as the 'juggernaut' and becomes the 'red' team. The juggernaut gets full, permanent buffs on everything. Hull and balloon are fireproof. Pilot tools do no harm to the juggernaut ship. Juggernaut can not be marked. Hull armor auto-fixes n% per second.  Ship that kills the juggernaut becomes the next juggernaut, or one is selected at random.

Scoring:

Juggernaut (red team) gains points by killing other ships.

Blue team does not score points for kills.

First ship to 5-7 points wins.

-OR-

Ship with the most points after # minutes wins.

Misc Options:

Blue team may use Captain chat with each other.

Juggernaut can not hear the other captains, but can use Captain chat to address/taunt blue team captains.

Offline Plasmarobo

• Salutes: 41
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
Re: Game mode: Juggernaut
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2013, 10:16:47 am »
I think you are giving a bit too much power to the Juggernaut.
Mostly the 'can't be marked' and autorepair.
Aside from that I would test out this game mode.

Not sure how I'd feel about being on a team with a guy who was taunting me a few seconds ago.
I'd def get rid of the taunt function, it just seems unnecessary. If you want to taunt, use text.

Offline Richard LeMoon

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 284
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
Re: Game mode: Juggernaut
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2013, 12:43:10 pm »
Would have to be tested extensively, yes. Perhaps even keep its results separate from the other games, so wins and losses do not count. More of a fun, exibition type of mode.

As per the marking and auto-repair, I considered this quit a bit, and you may change how you feel when you have 3-7 other ships all pelting you with everything they have.