Author Topic: Trifecta fire  (Read 14129 times)

Offline N-Sunderland

• Salutes: 281
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
Re: Trifecta fire
« Reply #15 on: September 13, 2013, 03:48:12 pm »
Flak/gat/Hwacha

One of the most fun ships to fly in the game

It was also Keyvias's alpha strike build on Labyrinth for the Spire tournament. I love it so much.

Offline Captain Blueberry

• Salutes: 1
    • [VAL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 15, 2013, 06:27:45 am »

I just experimented with the Junker: gat top, mortar and a gat up front.

At closer range the gats can just barely hit the target (mortar was out of arc) But the pilot has zero margin of error and the gunners no arc to compensate for ship movements. On medium range at least the gunners have a respectable arc to work with as long as the pilot is accurate with his positioning.

I think a gat up front can work if you have an able and chatty crew who also know what the pilot wants to achieve. I can imagine this being a charging pyra killer. Double gat on the approaching target and then just shred them to pieces with medium/close range mortar.

Offline Wundsalz

• Salutes: 72
    • [Rydr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 15, 2013, 09:45:24 am »
double gat + mortar/flak is one of the hardest setups to fly for both: pilot and crew. You need two good gat gunners who're able to compensate all the turning that's necessary to maintain the trifecta if the target is moving. The engie on the upper deck needs to have quite some situational awareness to jump into the flak/mortar at the right moment. Also you need a very aware and chatty crew and pilot in general as you lack clearly dedicated roles for repairs.
Imo the flak is the weapon of choice for the upper deck if you fly a junker with double gat setup as the mortar can very easily be turned out if you want to maintain the arc for both gats.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2013, 09:47:00 am by Wundsalz »