Author Topic: SHIPS & PILOT SKILLS Balance Discussion v1.3.1  (Read 13817 times)

Offline Captain Smollett

• Salutes: 122
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
Re: SHIPS & PILOT SKILLS Balance Discussion v1.3.1
« Reply #15 on: September 12, 2013, 04:13:26 pm »
The Spire may be getting a lot of help indirectly in the next patch.

A large reason spires weren't viable was that even if you were winning a fight against a pyra if they made any direct contact with the spire it would usually result in a double ram breaking armor and hull almost instantaneously.

This should be fixed in the upcoming patch.

Personally I'd still really like to see the top right gun turn a bit farther forward to allow all guns other than the merc to easily trifecta.  It would add more cannon to the glass part of it.

Offline Echoez

• Salutes: 40
    • [Gent]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 12, 2013, 06:59:51 pm »
Personally I'd still really like to see the top right gun turn a bit farther forward to allow all guns other than the merc to easily trifecta.  It would add more cannon to the glass part of it.

AMEN.

Offline Crafeksterty

• Salutes: 73
    • [GwTh]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 15, 2013, 07:09:11 pm »
Much like the spire, the pyra has 3 guns. 2 spots, and a ram. Ive started running  Flak/Gat/Hwacha spire and it works very well. But even with the fire power of the hwacha it still has trouble assisting the gat on taking down the hull armor, and based on some rumors, the hwacha does not disable guns as it used to.

But what Smollet said is something the spire needs... like alot! But i still think the spire needs an acceleration boost. Dont want to waste moonshine just for that. It takes its time to adjust to its position or get to a certain location just because of how floaty it can get.

I play spire like... Constantly and ive noticed that good mindgames with its vertical meneuvering, and back and forward approach gives it an advantage, but it is STILL very difficult, i will either end up dead killing them, or hurt killing them. It really needs its speed adjusted to get quicker faster.

The spire holds 3 guns, and think of this. 3 guns facing forward, you can Gat Mort, Merc Flak, Something else with something else. But what heavy weapon comodates with it? Lumberjack and carronade work very well. Maybe because carronade is a bit too good now but lets take this outside of the guns.

Every ship has the same ammount of health and rebuild time on the baloon. The baloons are universal.  I honestly think there needs a change here. Look at the mobula, it is incredibly difficult to get it up when the enemy team has flachette weapons, it is a MUST for a drougue chute.

It takes exactly the same ammount of damage on a squids baloon as it is for a Galleons baloon.

And ships with their special baloons are also the exact same. Adding, and decreasing health can be problematic because of how it takes alot to repair a baloon. There has to be some special effect for repairing the ballon like, it jumps up or not (Depends on if the captain holds up or down) just so it can get back on its feet.

2 carronade  goldfishes can individualy hold the opposing ships until their deaths.

TLDR;
-Pyra has 3 weapons like the spire
-Look up at what smollet said about what the spire may need
-Even with strong excessive gameplay with spire, it can be very difficult.
-I refuse to take out ships with carronade or Lumberjack...
-Baloons being universal is getting dodgy