Author Topic: Heavy Harpoon  (Read 10244 times)

Offline N-Sunderland

• Salutes: 281
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
Heavy Harpoon
« on: September 09, 2013, 11:41:44 pm »
All right, so how about this:

The heavy harpoon latches onto the enemy ship and reels them in to some sort of launcher. Then it sends them flying.

It's late at night and I'm half asleep, so this is most certainly a terrible idea. But come on. You all know it'd be fun!

Offline Eukari

• Salutes: 42
    • View Profile
Re: Heavy Harpoon
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2013, 11:56:38 pm »
You could shoot ships at other ships. I love it!

Offline Cheeseycom

• Salutes: 3
    • [FVS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2013, 05:27:32 am »
Sounds like fun  :D

However if anything other than the Galleon used it, it wouldn't make a lot of sense - somehow I don't see a Spire reeling in a Galleon and flinging them away.. quite the opposite in fact! >.<

It sounds like quite the paradoxical weapon - pulling enemies closer in order to push them further away! Hehe

Offline James T. Kirk

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 182
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
    • The Cake Official Website!
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2013, 07:32:38 am »
New ammo-type: Ships

Offline Echoez

• Salutes: 40
    • [Gent]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2013, 07:54:27 am »
>Grab Pyra

>Throw Pyra at enemy

>???

>Profit :P

Offline Richard LeMoon

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 284
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2013, 05:48:31 pm »
How about this instead:

Dual Heavy Harpoon. Fires two shots, one after the other. Rather than the cable being attached to the gun, it is attached between the two heavy harpoons.

Usage: Fire first harpoon at one enemy (or friendly?) ship, then target and fire the second harpoon on another ship. It ties the two ships together.

Offline Eukari

• Salutes: 42
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2013, 06:30:21 pm »
Dual Heavy Harpoon. Fires two shots, one after the other. Rather than the cable being attached to the gun, it is attached between the two heavy harpoons.

What if you could shoot one at the ground, essentially pinning the enemy within a (reasonably) small area? That'd probably crazy overpowered, but it's fun to think about!

Offline Cheeseycom

• Salutes: 3
    • [FVS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2013, 07:15:20 pm »
How about this instead:

Usage: Fire first harpoon at one enemy (or friendly?) ship, then target and fire the second harpoon on another ship. It ties the two ships together.

You could even shoot it into two of your own ships, and then 'clothesline' the enemy ships by flying either side (although that sounds like it might be awkward to pull off, and I'm not sure what the benefit would be of doing it.. I should have thought that idea through a bit better really >.< )!

One worry I would have about being able to shoot your own ships as well is that it would be too open to trolling.. it wouldn't take much for one rogue crew member to mess with your whole team.

Still, I kind of like the idea of attaching enemy ships together.. it could be funny if the line shortens in length once both ships are harpooned, pulling them close together and making it difficult for them to steer. Especially if they happen to be facing opposite directions at the time! xD

Offline naufrago

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 10
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2013, 08:38:32 pm »
How about this instead:

I'd personally use a heavy harpoon to leash an enemy ship to a building or rock.

Offline Plasmarobo

• Salutes: 41
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2013, 11:15:07 pm »
"Now you stay here while I punish your brother"

Offline Letus

• Salutes: 34
    • [SAC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2013, 02:13:19 am »
Why is it when I think of that concept of shooting a ship into your other enemy's ship...I think of this

Just imagine the Falcon Punches as Pyramidions...

Offline Gambrill

• Salutes: 26
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2013, 07:36:41 am »
Wow.... Just wow..... you guys hardly play paritan rumble as it is. now it'll be desolate. who would want to be pinned to possibly every building!? D:

i can imagine a spiders web of rope and a spire just in the middle like... 'help...me'