Author Topic: Ramming Question  (Read 5966 times)

Offline The Djinn

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 19
    • [CA]
    • View Profile
Ramming Question
« on: September 09, 2013, 01:34:38 pm »
I'm looking at the Pilot achievement to "Destroy 20 parts with ramming," and I'm not exactly sure how this is supposed to work. I feel like I've been directing my Pyra into engine banks, guns, and balloons, but I never seem to actually destroy anything (aside from occasionally the whole ship: my kill ramming is pretty good).

Is ramming a more finicky mechanic than I think it is, or am I doing something incorrectly? I'd love to get to the point where I could reliably take out engines with a collision, but I'm really having issues with it.

Any tips?

Offline Gryphos

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 57
    • View Profile
Re: Ramming Question
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2013, 01:50:40 pm »
yeah, that achievement is a pain. There's nothing you can really do to optimise your ramming success, so just keep ramming and you'll occasionally destroy either the hull or balloon, which do both count.

Offline N-Sunderland

• Salutes: 281
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2013, 04:26:25 pm »
Target the enemy ship's balloon, and bring moonshine.

Offline TheJRT

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 2
    • [CCor]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2013, 12:33:00 pm »
Also on a pyra maybe tell you gunners to stop shooting for a sec, i tend to notice that they disable things faster then the time it takes me to arrive to the enemy.

Offline HaZmY

• Salutes: 0
    • [TB]
    • View Profile
    • Youtube
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2014, 08:11:04 am »
There is a pretty effective loadout for this achievement, I had been using.

Use a pyra with only flamethrowers and use pilot skills : Phoenix Claw and Kerozine.

The build mainly focuses on close combat ( no shit!? ), and thus ------> Ramming. Just tell your gunners to use front guns only with + range ammo/ explosive ammo and kerozine into others ships. PUFF you are op in most matches.

Offline -Mad Maverick-

• Salutes: 30
    • [WOLF]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2014, 10:08:20 am »
the armor counts also so with pyra I just focused ramming dudes whose armor was still up...