Author Topic: Ponderings of the Icarus  (Read 18905 times)

Offline Charon

• Salutes: 95
    • [RAFT]
    • View Profile
Re: Ponderings of the Icarus
« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2013, 07:18:55 am »
While the sharp jab in his ribs was certainly compelling, it was no match for the incredibly tall tale coming from the rear of the establishment.  These sorts of gatherings were near legendary for their ability to produce the most outlandish, least compelling stories the world had to offer, and apparently, this gathering was no different. While attention may have momentarily shifted to the back, it would undoubtedly return whence it came, amid quiet grumbling regarding quality of company, and moreover, lack of originality.

Charon was overly amused, and could not stifle an audible laugh. He reached, as though to stop his ghostly conversation partner from reaching the door, and spoke hurriedly.

"Friend! I have to apologize, as at the start of our conversation I thought you a madman. I now see that you are the standard of sanity in these parts, and do not wish you to depart prior to hearing this rousing tale of heroism from the ancient stranger in the back."

By now his laughter was almost uncontrollable.

"T-there's even a book!"

Offline Lehran

• Salutes: 9
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
Re: Ponderings of the Icarus
« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2013, 06:42:44 pm »
"Laugh all you like, patrons. I don't ask anybody believes me. Just check the contents for yourselves. You will find the route is written in the old format and indeed matches his route. History is always lost to the ages, but that can always be recovered. Artifacts are rare these days. And this will put an end to the speculation of this one."

*He walks to the barkeep and asks for a canteen of fine rum to go*

"Anyway I'm heading out on patrol. Shooting down brigands is my duty to mankind, as ungrateful as he may be. The mission of that man needs to be finished, and I intend to carry it out."