Author Topic: What did you name YOURSELF and why?  (Read 45965 times)

Offline Riggatto

• Salutes: 60
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
Re: What did you name YOURSELF and why?
« Reply #45 on: September 21, 2013, 02:14:37 pm »
I had thought originally that the game was asking for an actual character name, like what happens in RPG games. I've always been a fan of multiculturalism, so I gave my guy an Italian name.

Offline Sylas Firehammer

• Salutes: 2
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 26, 2013, 06:34:24 pm »
Well, when I first created my account I saw that the game wanted me to give myself a role-play-ey name, and I figured all other players did this. So I go for something that sounds kinda cool and ended up with a very steampunk sounding name! I mean, Firehammer. Dame.

Offline LordFunPants

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 49
    • [LFP]
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 27, 2013, 01:23:54 am »
legend had it, that many eons ago mythical pants were sewed together from the finest of fine silks the world has ever seen, The Fun Pants. Though many believed it to be a mere fairy tale told to children with sad pants, i knew, i knew deep in my heart that the legend was true and after many years traveling across Eastern Funpansia i discovered them hidden just past the green belt of Slack Hills under a small pocket of sand. From that day on i became know as The Lord of Fun Pants , Lord Fun Pants for short.

that and when we were testing out to see if making accounts actually worked i randomly threw the name on and didn't realize that it would end up being our official names.

Offline Piemanlives

• Salutes: 155
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 27, 2013, 01:33:37 am »
Hail FunPants, Lord of Fun Pants!
Hail Morbie, He Who Protects From Server Failure!
Hail Cullen, The Server!

Offline James T. Kirk

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 182
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
    • The Cake Official Website!
« Reply #49 on: September 27, 2013, 07:01:04 am »
Hail Cullen, The Server!

And those other Greennames.

I'm sure they do something too.

Offline DMaximus

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 28
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 27, 2013, 08:02:18 am »
He even one ups Mr. Fancy Pants
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0a96msnwBY4

Offline Gambrill

• Salutes: 26
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 27, 2013, 04:07:43 pm »
Pratelic was my main character on WoW. However this was a female and the moment i hit lvl 55 i became a Deathknight Main and his name was Gambrill.
In many Games
And Different lands,
I have gone with many names,
But Death will come by Gambrill's hands.

Offline Gambrill

• Salutes: 26
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 27, 2013, 04:08:38 pm »
Hail Cullen, The Server!

And those other Greennames.

I'm sure they do something too.

Fun pants, Cullen and Morbie don't have time to get their own cups of tea ;)

Offline Dirk Windslow

• Salutes: 0
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
    • tumble
« Reply #53 on: September 29, 2013, 10:12:42 pm »
As far as my character goes, for roleplay or whatever, I think I'm going to go with Dirk Somethingorother.

may i suggest Wellington? In a superhero PnPRPG i played in, i had a character whose name was Dirk Wellington, the name was well received, it just has this good feeling when you say it.

Yay late responses.

I do like the sound of that, and I'll keep it in mind, but... Maybe. I'll probably end up with something similar.

Offline Cl ick to Ca p t ain

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 25
    • [?]
    • View Profile
    • ṋ̟̳̪͒ͦ͑ͯ͒̓̾͌̓ͥ̐̓o̹̗̭̝̪͚͖͙̖̝̳͔̮̟͙͆ͬ̇̋͗̒ͮͭ͌ͥ̀ͩͮ̆͛ͭ͐̈́ ̝̘̟̝̥̭͔̼͓͖̘̜̦̰͒͊̒͆̃ͩ͛̋͋̎̂̊̏͆ͣ̚ͅ ͓̦̖͔̖̞̟̱͉̪͇̮̫͉̀͋̆͗̑̽̿̚ͅ ̥͍͚̣̂̈́ͪ͋̂ͥ̊ͧͣ͌̉̇̓͆ͨ̔ͤ̍ ̫͇͕̤̣̩̗͎̭̙̱͔̘̝͖̀ͭ̆͂̈́ͅ ͎̹͓̼͖̥̤̗ͦͤ̈̄̚ͅt͎̞̺̱̜̺̋̋̊͗ͬ͗ͪͩ̈ͮ̽̐̉̀̅ͫ̃h̤̺͎͖̯͈͍̲͛͂̉́̎̂̔̚ ̯̲͓̭̬̱͈̟̳͒͒̉̈̊͊ͅͅ ̘͓͈͚̦ͪ̽͑ͣ̓ͦ͊̐̿̇̈́ ͪͨ͛̌̔̽͆ͬͪ̂̐
« Reply #54 on: October 03, 2013, 09:59:35 pm »
Lol I wish mine was as interesting as most of the other ones in this thread, but mine is just my name backwards. I started putting Knight before it when I started playing a lot of Dark Souls on Xbox, and added the Capt. just for you guys in GoIO.

Offline Swallox

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 30
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 09, 2013, 12:36:04 pm »
...I'm surprised I never saw this thread.

Well, my name is Swallow, 'cause I've always gone by weird names. I used to go by "D_K_Head", but being called 'DeeKay' all the time gets old... Plus the non-underscored version was taken when I tried to sign up to League EUWest, so I decided it was time for a change. I chose the name Swallow in part because at that point I could recite the entire opening to The Holy Grail off by heart, and because my real name is James Starling. Starling and Swallows are both songbirds.

Yes, I really did name myself after the bird. So stop giving me weird looks.

EDIT: Oh, and I added the Sama because Qwerty brainwashed me.

Offline Keon

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 105
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 10, 2013, 01:13:09 am »
...I'm surprised I never saw this thread.

Well, my name is Swallow, 'cause I've always gone by weird names. I used to go by "D_K_Head", but being called 'DeeKay' all the time gets old... Plus the non-underscored version was taken when I tried to sign up to League EUWest, so I decided it was time for a change. I chose the name Swallow in part because at that point I could recite the entire opening to The Holy Grail off by heart, and because my real name is James Starling. Starling and Swallows are both songbirds.

Yes, I really did name myself after the bird. So stop giving me weird looks.

EDIT: Oh, and I added the Sama because Qwerty brainwashed me.
After a quick wikipedia: "When used to refer to oneself, -sama expresses extreme arrogance..."  :P

Offline The Churrosaur

• Salutes: 12
    • [CsM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 10, 2013, 02:48:03 am »
Being Japanese, this amuses me.

Anyways, the name "Churrosaur: the Mexican dinosaur" begins its journey in molten pits of a fourth grade schoolyard, with an incident involving a certain thermos of spaghetti that for a week abruptly transformed my name, Daichi, into Snotasaurus Rex. (Genus reptillia). My elementary diplomatic skills eventually managed to whittle the name down to the slightly meeker daichi-saurus, and it eventually become somewhat of a nickname between me and close friends until one day somebody said daichurrosaur and the name stuck. Eventually the "dai" fell off, and by the end of elementary school the name Churrosaur was forged and tempered. Quite a few years later, when I discovered tf2 and the gaming community at large, I wanted a name that was unique and personal yet not too crazy, and I found Churrosaur lurking in the corners of old grammer papers, and posters on the wall. I received a decent amount of complements on the name, and it was never taken, so it just became who i was. Sometimes there's a "the" sometimes its "Cieu Rosauria

S'bout it.

Offline geggis

• Salutes: 12
    • [VAL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 10, 2013, 06:23:19 am »
My real name is Gregg. Some people used to say Gegg and sometimes people said Greggi or Geggi. When we had LAN parties my computer used to be called 'geggis computer'. And there's my screen handle right there.

Offline AceAwesome

• Salutes: 0
    • [AceM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 10, 2013, 09:56:59 am »
For my whole internet life, I've lived by the name of AceAwesome96, and since there are no numbers here, I've decided on just being AceAwesome here. Not too interesting, but that's my username. It's a part of me, I guess.