Author Topic: What did you name YOURSELF and why?  (Read 45221 times)

Offline Swallox

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 30
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
Re: What did you name YOURSELF and why?
« Reply #60 on: October 10, 2013, 07:49:27 pm »
...I'm surprised I never saw this thread.

Well, my name is Swallow, 'cause I've always gone by weird names. I used to go by "D_K_Head", but being called 'DeeKay' all the time gets old... Plus the non-underscored version was taken when I tried to sign up to League EUWest, so I decided it was time for a change. I chose the name Swallow in part because at that point I could recite the entire opening to The Holy Grail off by heart, and because my real name is James Starling. Starling and Swallows are both songbirds.

Yes, I really did name myself after the bird. So stop giving me weird looks.

EDIT: Oh, and I added the Sama because Qwerty brainwashed me.
After a quick wikipedia: "When used to refer to oneself, -sama expresses extreme arrogance..."  :P

Surely that doesn't surprise you?

Offline Kitty.Hawk

• Salutes: 9
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 10, 2013, 08:09:29 pm »
So, I changed names from Katastrophe to Kitty.Hawk. So time for a new name explanation! First, KittyHawk was taken, but Kitty Dot Hawk sounded good to.

So the name itself is actually my Shadowrun character's name. She was a cat girl changling who was known for her usage of Rutger Warhawks (The magnum of the game). She would at times dual wield them due to having an insanely high pistols skill. Thus her name, KittyHawk.

Now, some might remember my ship, the Seductive Kitty. This is also calling back to KittyHawk, as her second primary skill was in seduction. My gaming group determined that any problem put to them could, in fact, be solved by either seduction or guns, sometimes both.

Offline Wlonk

• Salutes: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 11, 2013, 04:37:25 pm »
"Wlonk" is my favorite English word. It means "proud", but with connotations that the pride is perhaps deserved because of your own nobility. It may be a bit archaic; I'm always a couple centuries behind.

BUT ALSO I love computers. I am full of contradictions.