Author Topic: Ship aesthetics  (Read 9144 times)

Offline Mepic Von Shreck

• Salutes: 11
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
    • Shrek
Ship aesthetics
« on: September 01, 2013, 10:03:46 am »
I'm not sure whether something has already been posted on this, and I'm sure it must have...

Would there be any chance of there being a way to aesthetically customise the ships?  It's great being able to give them a name and various loadouts, but with my regular crew we keep going on about how it would be great if we could actually customise the look of the ship.

This could consist of flags (which would also add to roleplay for those piratical ships), perhaps wood/metal textures, style of helm, different colour than just 'white' as well as the team colour etc. which would be fantastic and really make your ships more unique. It'd certainly differentiate from the various ships with very similar names (hello, Magikarps).

What think you?

Offline Rainer Zu Fall

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 26
    • [Prof]
    • View Profile
Re: Ship aesthetics
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2013, 10:15:07 am »
Currently there is no such option included, sorry Mepic Von Shreck.

Added:
I'd like to costumise ships too, though.
Flags, style of helm and the different materials look like an awesome idea to me! I can see a problem with the colour though, as it may lead to problems when trying to tell your teammate apart from your enemy.

Otherwise... Yeah, I'd love to see that!
« Last Edit: September 01, 2013, 11:04:25 am by RainerZuFall »

Offline Mepic Von Shreck

• [Cake]
    • View Profile
    • Shrek
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2013, 11:08:09 am »
Currently there is no such option included, sorry Mepic Von Shreck.

Added:
I'd like to costumise ships too, though.
Flags, style of helm and the different materials look like an awesome idea to me! I can see a problem with the colour though, as it may lead to problems when trying to tell your teammate apart from your enemy.

Otherwise... Yeah, I'd love to see that!

The problem of colour is why I think it'd be quite nice to have the secondary colour, which is white at the moment, to be changeable! However, I suppose that'd confuse things if it was, say, a red and blue ship...

Offline Rainer Zu Fall

• CA Mod
    • [Prof]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2013, 11:10:26 am »
The problem of colour is why I think it'd be quite nice to have the secondary colour, which is white at the moment, to be changeable! However, I suppose that'd confuse things if it was, say, a red and blue ship...

Haha, yeah that would be quite confusing! But I think upon changing the material (maybe the wood color?) it would give us a nice option to costumise.

Offline Captain Smollett

• Salutes: 122
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2013, 03:22:27 am »
I know Muse has long talked about cosmetic ship customization for some time.  It's unclear whether it will be something added into adventure mode or released to skirmish before am comes out however it seems like a great question to ask during the dev fireside chat.

Offline Mepic Von Shreck

• [Cake]
    • View Profile
    • Shrek
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2013, 12:33:34 pm »
I know Muse has long talked about cosmetic ship customization for some time.  It's unclear whether it will be something added into adventure mode or released to skirmish before am comes out however it seems like a great question to ask during the dev fireside chat.

That would be really cool.

Offline TimTim LaBaguette

• Salutes: 8
    • [LBS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2013, 01:13:49 pm »
I think it has already been asked in a fireside chat but I'm not sure

Offline Mepic Von Shreck

• [Cake]
    • View Profile
    • Shrek
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2013, 01:02:05 pm »
I think the key thing I'd love, and others I've talked to would like, are flags. After all, flags are necessary on military ships.

Offline Captain Phil

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 13
    • [Rydr]
    • View Profile
    • DeviantART
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2013, 02:53:03 pm »
We are getting costume coloring soon, and then THE WORLD!! no, I do believe at some point we will get to customize our ships. (Don't make me look bad here Muse) Getting the chance to customize our costumes is just one step to the process, and in my opinion, a fun one. Give it some time and we will get to see some different looking ships in the future when the devs continue to flush out different aspects of Adventure Mode.

Offline Rainer Zu Fall

• CA Mod
    • [Prof]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2013, 03:07:02 pm »
This game is evolving so fast already although there's only a smal group of people (called MUSE) working on it. I'm pretty sure they will think about this - but it may take some time to actually see it implemented in the game.

Offline Connor Gilligan

• Salutes: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2013, 11:01:26 pm »
This is something, that if they do accomplish, it will be fantastic. To anyone concerned with blue on red ships, look at Team Fortress 2.

I only hope that they can keep the shapes of the ships consistent so that identifying a threat can still be as accurate as it is now.

Offline Zander Broda

• Salutes: 7
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2013, 01:49:55 am »
i dunno about unique customization's, but i think it'd be cool to have a different look for each faction. like a Yesha ship would have a Chinese style, and a... i just now realize i don't know much about any of the other factions. but judging from the costumes/ships theres a faction thats fairly well off and orderly, and their ships would be well put together, like the mobula.

Offline Gambrill

• [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2013, 11:44:07 am »
It could be small changes like changes to:
The helm wheel. Looks/colour/the altimeter/speedselecter.
Stlye of engines.  (not number or size)
Ship name on the side.
Decals on the balloon. I don't mean like need for speed stlye. But how about a patchwork effect? Or something that looks like its never been damaged and no repairs etc.
Comical things like Fire escape arrows on the floor and be careful of gaps in rail signs.

Let me know what you guys think? :)