Author Topic: Making facial hair a separate customizable option  (Read 8704 times)

Offline Cpt. Yami

• Salutes: 3
    • View Profile
Making facial hair a separate customizable option
« on: March 06, 2013, 03:40:52 am »
So far any form a facial hair that has been added to the shop has come with its own set of goggles and therefore falls under the "goggles" customization. I would very much like to see a separate customization slot for only facial hair instead of having some, if any facial hair with a set of god-ugly goggles. This would also make character customization lots more personal and unique. Unless this is some sort of dystopian future setting where people have lost the ability to grow facial hair due to some sort of radical change in the genetical code of homosapiens which makes most of the people currently living in said era look like near-complete clones of one another(exterior-wise, not fashion-wise)

Offline Shinkurex

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 102
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
Re: Making facial hair a separate customizable option
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2013, 08:29:27 am »
Unless this is some sort of dystopian future setting where people have lost the ability to grow facial hair due to some sort of radical change in the genetical code of homosapiens which makes most of the people currently living in said era look like near-complete clones of one another(exterior-wise, not fashion-wise)

Didn't you read the history of events? This is the whole reason why we are battling raiders.... We are looking for the ability to grow facial hair :P.... seriously now... I like this idea.... more customization all around would be delightful....

Offline HamsterIV

• Salutes: 328
    • View Profile
    • Monkey Dev
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2013, 11:14:31 am »
While this would be nice I suspect muse would be slow to implement it. Aside from bearded ladies facial hair tends to be a male only accessory. Any work muse puts into it will only apply to 1/2 the player models. I also have this theory that the muse art team likes working on the female models more than their male counterparts. The girls always get the cooler looking stuff first (I wouldn't say bias because I redacted that statement in the last forum).

Offline Cpt. Yami

• Salutes: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2013, 03:54:58 pm »
While this would be nice I suspect muse would be slow to implement it. Aside from bearded ladies facial hair tends to be a male only accessory. Any work muse puts into it will only apply to 1/2 the player models. I also have this theory that the muse art team likes working on the female models more than their male counterparts. The girls always get the cooler looking stuff first (I wouldn't say bias because I redacted that statement in the last forum).
Where guys have beards, women have [INSERT METRIC SYSTEM HERE] of makeup options, from lipstick to eyelashes and, in some cases, elf ears(the ones which are sown into the right shape, looks hideous). And jewelry.

Offline Pickle

• Salutes: 42
    • [AeBr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2013, 04:30:55 pm »

There's more than a few players with female avatars that sound like they're talking through a beard.. ..

Offline HamsterIV

• Salutes: 328
    • View Profile
    • Monkey Dev
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2013, 04:43:44 pm »
I don't think the type of player who is the proud owner of a beard, and uses a female avatar, would want to customize said avatar with a beard. I could be completely wrong as I have neither a beard not a female avatar.

Offline Helmic

• Salutes: 35
    • [NCNS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2013, 05:21:23 pm »
I don't think the type of player who is the proud owner of a beard, and uses a female avatar, would want to customize said avatar with a beard. I could be completely wrong as I have neither a beard not a female avatar.

but how will i complete my dorf fortress cosplay if the females don't even have beards

and who the hell changes their beard every time they change eyewear

it takes considerably longer to grow a beard than to wear a new set of overly heavy and uncomfortable goggles

Offline Captain Roy

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 794
    • [Gent]
    • View Profile
    • The Gentlemen's Website
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2013, 04:13:50 am »
So far any form a facial hair that has been added to the shop has come with its own set of goggles and therefore falls under the "goggles" customization. I would very much like to see a separate customization slot for only facial hair instead of having some, if any facial hair with a set of god-ugly goggles. This would also make character customization lots more personal and unique. Unless this is some sort of dystopian future setting where people have lost the ability to grow facial hair due to some sort of radical change in the genetical code of homosapiens which makes most of the people currently living in said era look like near-complete clones of one another(exterior-wise, not fashion-wise)
Now this is a great idea, imagine the possibilities!