Author Topic: What was your first topic in the forums?  (Read 16416 times)

Offline Shinkurex

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 102
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
What was your first topic in the forums?
« on: September 05, 2013, 07:16:47 am »
Hey all,

Just a simple question, but could result in some pretty funny posts.... Could it be that you suggested a boarding topic, or maybe you really didn't want Muse to nerf the heavy flak? :).... Here was my first topic:

This is an idea I've been toying with in my mind (and I'm pretty sure it was in the old forums, but I cannot find it right now), but there have been times when your crew is being manned by 3 gunners and a pilot (or 2 gunners and 1 engie and a pilot). In my experience, these setups are not ideal, and I was thinking of a way to balance things out for these types of crew arrangements. The idea that I came up with was a small carrier class airship that housed 2 1 man planes that can detach and harass a target with small weapons fire. Thoughts?

-Shink

I still think it'd be fun to have a ship like this :)).... If you don't remember your first topic, you can go to your profile summary > click "Show Posts" > then click "Topics".... That should get you to where you need to go :))

Offline Plasmarobo

• Salutes: 41
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
Re: What was your first topic in the forums?
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2013, 09:23:29 am »
This was mine.

A short story. Sort of in keeping that I would make something up instead of actually talking about anything mechanical.
Then again, I like to have a solid grasp of how things work before criticizing their function. It was easier to just write.

Offline Echoez

• Salutes: 40
    • [Gent]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2013, 09:56:43 am »
Okay so far the game's only objective game mode is a King of the Hill one with some variations of it.

I'm not a long time player, but I'd like to give some feedback regarding my personal experience with them at least.

DM is fine I guess, pretty classic. KotH on the other hand felt a bit weird and clunky to me.

1) Why do we have to be under the balloon for the capture timer to start? that's a realy allianating feature compared to other games where being close was enough. Unless I'm crazy and didn't notice it and it's not like that after all.

2) Anyone else thinks it's realy hard to make a comeback on that game mode? At least on the static one, capturing the point is realy awkward and as long as an enemy is close, you are a sitting duck for them to destroy easily, let alone you can't get capture time on it as long as they are close.

3) Personaly, I believe it would be better to make the point a defence objective, so once captured the other team has to destroy it while the team that owns it needs to defend it. Makes capturing it a bit less akward and makes the mode more engaging than just sitting there and capping points.

4) Progressive Attack/Defence game mode anyone?

5) An other thing I had in mind was a 'Single Flag Capture' game mode of sorts, you have a rescourse balloon in the middle of the map, somewhere high. Both teams will have a 'Base' to which they will have to return that balloon to score a point

6) Onslaught-like game mode from UT2004? I could see that work in this game at least somehow.

All in all, I just don't find the objective based game modes appealing enough as is and constant DM is bound to get boring eventually even if blowing up ships is hell fun. Being new I don't realy know what's the development process here nor what the devs are capable off yet so don't jump on me please > ~<

I mean no offence to anyone, just posting some thoughs c:

Cheers~

Oh god.. look at me being all fresh and nice. o 3o

Have a go at me suggesting new game modes for this game and being all nooby when it came to KotH.

Offline DMaximus

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 28
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2013, 09:58:15 am »
I regularly end up marking ships while plummeting off of mine. It's usually a case of "I just need a few more inches past this gun to mark that low flyer" and not actually having those inches. I imagine I'll eventually learn not to do so, but for now at least it's amusing.

I guess I do this somewhat less now...

Offline Sgt. Spoon

• Salutes: 112
    • [Keno]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2013, 10:15:24 am »
Celebratory first beta weekend, hey oh!

Lucky this wasn't about one's first post, with all the bubbly enthusiasm and bad grammar, haha

Offline Rainer Zu Fall

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 26
    • [Prof]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2013, 10:41:36 am »
Oh dear, first thread...

This was my first post. Wasn't that long ago.

Offline Gryphos

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 57
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2013, 11:11:49 am »
https://gunsoficarus.com/community/forum/index.php/topic,1576.msg27750.html#msg27750

For some reason I decided to compile a comprehensive report on how much damage mines could dish out and take when they were released on the Dev App. It's probably completely useless now since the weapon was changed before general release.

Offline Zenark

• Salutes: 41
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2013, 11:42:34 am »
I think it would be interesting to see after getting rammed, a mechanic that caused players on the guns/helm to get knocked out of them. It would be easy to get back on, more of a realistic inconvenience. It off course would have to be a sizeable impact, not a gentle bounce off of a canyon.

This would affect the rammer too, of course.

It would be even more interesting if it pushed the players in the direction of the team a few steps, maybe even knocking players off the ship of they're close to the edge. That might be pushing it though.

What do yall think? Would this be difficult to implement? Think it might cause grief?

I still like this idea XD

Offline HamsterIV

• Salutes: 328
    • View Profile
    • Monkey Dev
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2013, 11:55:17 am »
I don't know if this was my first post on the old forums but it the oldest I can find (and remember posting).

Mode Name: Blockade runner
Basic Description: An airship flotilla is blockading a city, daring smugglers try and run the blockade for fame and glory.
Rules/Gameplay: One team consisting of two ships is designated the smugglers. They score points by bringing their ship to the cargo drop point located on the other side of the map from their spawn point. The smugglers can kill enemy ships but earn no points from it. Once a smuggler reaches the drop point they are greeted with a fanfare for 10 seconds then they are spawned at full health at the other side of the map to do another run.
The other team consists of three ships designated the flotilla. The Flotilla's job is to enforce the blockade by killing smugglers . Each smuggler killed will result in 1 point for the flotilla team. The flotilla team is encouraged to use harpoons to prevent the smugglers from getting away.
Additional rules could involve a timer in case the smugglers are being too evasive. Also the blockaded city could have wall guns or stationary balloon turrets to discourage the flotilla from sitting on top of the drop point.
Team sizes are unequal to discourage the smugglers from seeking a strait up fight.
Team Size: 2v3
Suggested by: HamsterIV

The link is here:
http://gunsoficarus.com/community/forumarchive/discussion/1129/game-mode-suggestions-issue-2/p1

Offline N-Sunderland

• Salutes: 281
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2013, 03:54:21 pm »

Offline Keon

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 105
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2013, 07:16:06 pm »

Offline Zander Broda

• Salutes: 7
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2013, 08:04:28 pm »
my first topic was posted last week, asking is anybody else had changed their key bindings, and if so, to what.

it was locked because someone else had recently asked the same thing and posted it in another part of the forums that i hadn't checked. it was/is quite embarrassing.

Offline James T. Kirk

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 182
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
    • The Cake Official Website!
« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2013, 08:06:27 pm »
Wonder if they ever changed this:

https://gunsoficarus.com/community/forum/index.php/topic,1438.msg24335.html#msg24335

Funny thing is, I knew of the existence of the Introductions thread, but never posted there (still haven't :P)

Reason is, I actually never intended to stay.

Neither on the forum, or in the game.

I saw my favorite YouTuber play this game around the same time Star Trek: Into Darkness came out.

I remember thinking how much I loved the original series, and thought how much fun it would be to run around on the Enterprise with 3 of my friends (M. Scotty, Mr. Spock, and chekhov) for a few weeks.
Messing with the key-bindings, I wondered that, and asked. Expected to get an answer and never come back.

Then, I fell in love.

*cue romantic music*

Offline Eukari

• Salutes: 42
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2013, 09:48:06 pm »
Took me a while, but I found it. You can watch me get taken down a peg! (I was Graceland)

Offline Piemanlives

• Salutes: 155
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile