Author Topic: "The Cogs" Week 7  (Read 14668 times)

Offline -Muse- Cullen

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 47
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
"The Cogs" Week 7
« on: September 04, 2013, 08:22:26 pm »
Hey all of you beautiful people. Cogs info!

First match is NAF vs Newcomer - Canyon Ambush
Second match is Rhinos vs BFS - Duel at Dawn
Third match is Raft vs Brood - Northern Fjords

Short, sweet, and to the point. Good luck, everybody!

Offline Squidslinger Gilder

• Salutes: 287
    • [TBB]
    • View Profile
Re: "The Cogs" Week 7
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2013, 12:12:10 am »
Sigh...DaD again...

Offline Captain Smollett

• Salutes: 122
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2013, 01:44:23 am »
Will we be having an end of season tournament after this week?

Offline -Muse- Cullen

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 47
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2013, 01:28:45 pm »
Will we be having an end of season tournament after this week?
Week 8 will be the open qualifier tournament in preparation for the Week 9 finale. The end of Season 2 will follow the format listed.

Week 8
Week 8 is a open qualifier tournament, in which any team in any standing may compete for a position in the week 9 finale. The overall format of this tournament may change dramatically depending on the number of participating teams, though. More details on each season’s Week 8 is posted on the forums in advance. Either three or six teams will advance from Week 8.

Finale (Week 9)
Week 9 is the Finale, the final week of a season. Set up to include either seven or ten teams, depending on Week 8’s format, teams face off in a single-elimination grand tournament, including a match for third place.

Seeds #1 - #4 will be claimed by the teams in the Champion and Challenger Cogs
Seeds #5 - #7 (Or - #10) will be claimed by those that qualified for inclusion in the Finale during Week 8.

The victor of this tournament are granted the Tournament Champion title. In the event of a team claiming both the Weekly and Tournament Champion titles, they gain the Grand Champion title.

Offline Xemkobankavareniya

• Salutes: 20
    • [Rrdy]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2013, 05:56:59 am »
And again, in what time, video unwatchable, because of the lag. When at last, the caster will learn to stream? So unprofessional...

Offline Squidslinger Gilder

• Salutes: 287
    • [TBB]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2013, 02:18:58 am »
Yikes Xem, wake up with a thumb up your butt?

Not much can be done about technical problems. I'll be honest, Fade isn't my favorite caster. Partially because I can't tease Fade like I can Qwerty. But even Qwerty had tech issues or Koalas gnawing on the internet cables. No need to get all up on Fade about problems he may not have been able to control.

Offline Xemkobankavareniya

• Salutes: 20
    • [Rrdy]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2013, 02:27:04 am »
Sorry, I meant casters. :D Nothing personal against Fade.
And yes, the technical problems on the stream, easily solved, it would wish.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2013, 02:30:00 am by Xemko »

Offline Captain Smollett

• [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2013, 10:36:44 am »
Isn't there supposed to be a signup thread letting people know to sign up for the qualifier tournament and how the whole shebang works?

Offline Wundsalz

• Salutes: 72
    • [Rydr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2013, 11:23:41 am »
And again, in what time, video unwatchable, because of the lag. When at last, the caster will learn to stream? So unprofessional...
Be glad that we've got people in this community who waste their spare time on watching and commenting you playing video games! I think rants like yours are absolutely inappropriate. Sure, one can argue about the stream quality and if you've got constructive suggestions how to improve the situation - go ahead and voice them! I personally know little about streaming, but I doubt there are any easy solutions which don't involve the caster throwing money at the problem - which we really can't expect, because the streams are indeed, as you've said, not professional.

Isn't there supposed to be a signup thread letting people know to sign up for the qualifier tournament and how the whole shebang works?
I'd also really like to see the rules for this week clarified. The information one can extract from the rules thread is little: There will be some sort of qualifier tournament which isn't elaborated any further and 4 clans (I assume those in the two top cogs) are auto-qualified for something...

Offline Imagine

• Salutes: 59
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
    • Twitch Stream
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2013, 01:27:49 pm »
Be glad that we've got people in this community who waste their spare time on watching and commenting you playing video games! I think rants like yours are absolutely inappropriate. Sure, one can argue about the stream quality and if you've got constructive suggestions how to improve the situation - go ahead and voice them! I personally know little about streaming, but I doubt there are any easy solutions which don't involve the caster throwing money at the problem - which we really can't expect, because the streams are indeed, as you've said, not professional.
Honestly, that's not a very good way of looking at it. I'm going to give the benefit of doubt to Fade for this week as his previous streams haven't had the lag problems that it did this last week, but that was pretty friggin atrocious. Professional or not, there's a certain amount of pride and want to deliver the best product possible that streamers and casters (especially ones for the most known and watched tournament in the game) should have, and that fell well short this last weekend.

Hopefully it was just an aberration, and not the norm.

Offline -Mad Maverick-

• Salutes: 30
    • [WOLF]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2013, 02:38:08 pm »
yeah cuz wolfpack wants in

Offline Imagine

• Salutes: 59
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
    • Twitch Stream
« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2013, 02:52:53 pm »

Offline Captain Smollett

• [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2013, 04:19:02 pm »
Think there's supposed to be a separate signup thread for the end of season tournament.

Offline N-Sunderland

• Salutes: 281
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2013, 04:23:47 pm »
Think there's supposed to be a separate signup thread for the end of season tournament.

There was in season 1, so I imagine that there should be one for this season.

Cuulleenn!!!

Offline N-Sunderland

• Salutes: 281
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 09, 2013, 04:25:22 pm »
Also, for anybody who wants a better idea of how week 8 works, here are the season 1 brackets.

https://gunsoficarus.com/community/forum/index.php/topic,874.0.html