Author Topic: The Matrix Question  (Read 6574 times)

Offline Squidslinger Gilder

• Salutes: 287
    • [TBB]
    • View Profile
The Matrix Question
« on: December 04, 2013, 03:19:55 am »
So you are offered a choice. Live as a battery to some machine overlords. You get all the meals you want, full medical, benefits, and you get to live in a virtual world of your choosing. When you die you get flushed down a toilet and mince meated to feed your fellow virtual world buddies who think they're eating steak when its actually your butt cheek.

Or fight back against the machines and live in a post apocalyptic wasteland. Band together with others and form your own Bartertown. You rule it and others who have chosen to break way and fight back. So Thunderdome healthcare plan, eat whatever you find with some cannibalism, and access to the virtual world's 24/7 giggidy network but you can only view, you can't partake.

So discuss!!

Me personally...gimmie a Skies of Arcadia virtual world and a cute redhead with a boomerrang and I'll bend over and accept the power plug :D.

Offline HamsterIV

• Salutes: 328
    • View Profile
    • Monkey Dev
Re: The Matrix Question
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2013, 12:32:26 pm »
I for one welcome our new mechanical overlords.

There are much more efficient ways of generating heat through biological processes. The machines probably created the matrix as a last ditch effort to save humanity from its own stupidity. It was humanity after which blackened the sky.

zlater75@hotmail.com

« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2013, 02:42:46 pm »
Archivist: On behalf of my Ministry and the future of Unanimity, I want to thank you for the final interview. Remember, this isn't an interrogation or trial. Your version of the truth is all that matters.
Sonmi-451: Truth is singular. Its "versions" are mistruths.

Same idea as to how freeing ones mind would be the only path that has to be chosen not given.
I'd definately want to be in control, know what i'm doing and not live in a false world of lies.
Red pill ftw.. :D
The only matrix i'd have is my beloved alien bugmatrix.  :)
And they don't need machines, they'll just cut the power and be the ones killing everything.

Offline Sammy B. T.

• Salutes: 154
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2013, 05:59:01 pm »
No GIF?

Offline Squidslinger Gilder

• Salutes: 287
    • [TBB]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2013, 07:04:59 pm »
Why use a gif when there is something to say? Only use one when there is nothing good to say or when I feel it is better said with that than words.

Anyways...if the world of lies is attractive enough then why not? Present day society vs Mad Max wasteland...I'd pick the wasteland.

Same thing I've noticed in the game world anime. When people get trapped in it, there are those that freak out and want out and then those that love it. Also similar to the classic trapped in fantasy world genre. The one flaw I always see in it is the protagonist desperately trying to escape the fantasy world which is 100x more awesome than the real world. Their life in the real world is commonly portrayed as sucking so I always see it and ask,"What is wrong with you?! You're in a fantasy world battling monsters and sure its scary and you could die easily but your life in the real world is terrible. Stay in the fantasy world, marry the elf chick, and give your original world the finger!"

Offline Keon

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 105
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2013, 08:20:15 pm »
Well, why the heck are we generating power from humans? Either way, doesn't matter. I don't need a rebellion. I'll take fantasy. Speaking of which, I'd put it at 96 percent that I am in a simulation. That said, why the simulators took such a boring simulation to stick me in, I don't know.

Offline Lord Dick Tim

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 119
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2013, 12:06:37 am »
2045, that is all I'm gonna say on this matter.

Oh and I'm with Gilder, bring on the plug.