Author Topic: What was your first topic in the forums?  (Read 16435 times)

Offline Letus

• Salutes: 34
    • [SAC]
    • View Profile
Re: What was your first topic in the forums?
« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2013, 06:05:38 pm »

Offline Sgt. Spoon

• Salutes: 112
    • [Keno]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 06, 2013, 07:00:19 pm »
Took me a while, but I found it. You can watch me get taken down a peg! (I was Graceland)

Hah, now I do actually remember Graceland. That may or may not have been on account of the avatar, just after my MLP discussion with Walrus

Offline Eukari

• Salutes: 42
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 06, 2013, 07:18:00 pm »
Hah, now I do actually remember Graceland. That may or may not have been on account of the avatar, just after my MLP discussion with Walrus

Hah! The funny thing is, I'm not actually all that much of an MLP fan. I watched the first five or so episodes and thought it was a decent show (especially compared to the usual approach to shows aimed at children, which is "They kids, so it doesn't matter if we make it stupid"), but didn't see much of a reason to stick around. I do, however, enjoy the art style- I like strong, bright colors and an interesting visual pallet.

Offline Captain Smollett

• Salutes: 122
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 06, 2013, 10:06:05 pm »
I read through the GOI forums religiously before I finally decided to post (actually read through them quite a bit before ever purchasing GOI).

After months of reading but not posting, I went on and posted in the introductions thread... A day before the forums changed over.

It's still interesting to read though as it rings just as true now as it did then.

http://gunsoficarus.com/community/forumarchive/discussion/5/introductions/p4

Edit- Just realized you asked for the first topic. I don't start many topics, but this was the first, and to my amazement at the time, it was rapidly addressed by Muse.

https://gunsoficarus.com/community/forum/index.php/topic,218.msg2151.html#msg2151
« Last Edit: September 06, 2013, 10:10:27 pm by Captain Smollett »

Offline Sgt. Spoon

• Salutes: 112
    • [Keno]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 07, 2013, 03:57:45 pm »

Hah! The funny thing is, I'm not actually all that much of an MLP fan. I watched the first five or so episodes and thought it was a decent show (especially compared to the usual approach to shows aimed at children, which is "They kids, so it doesn't matter if we make it stupid"), but didn't see much of a reason to stick around. I do, however, enjoy the art style- I like strong, bright colors and an interesting visual pallet.

I guess back then you'd still be a bit surprised to see such things. But heh, it's always nice to see people come back after such a long time.

Offline Lord Dick Tim

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 119
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 08, 2013, 07:41:56 pm »

Offline Captain Phil

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 13
    • [Rydr]
    • View Profile
    • DeviantART
« Reply #21 on: September 08, 2013, 07:55:35 pm »
My Carrier Mega Thread, was over 5 pages long of in-depth discussion about a carrier airship design.

Offline Honeybadger

• Salutes: 21
    • [H♥B]
    • View Profile
    • My Stream
« Reply #22 on: September 10, 2013, 04:25:33 pm »
I had the first post in the Pit. On THIS forum.

https://gunsoficarus.com/community/forum/index.php/topic,80.0.html

Title pretty much sums me up...

Offline HamsterIV

• Salutes: 328
    • View Profile
    • Monkey Dev
« Reply #23 on: September 10, 2013, 04:28:20 pm »
I remember that thread Lord Dick Tim. Clara put the smack down on me for suggesting that GOI didn't take place on earth. I am still not entirely convinced this is earth we are fighting over. The air is too dense and the gravity too weak.