Author Topic: Titles, who has them, and what they do.  (Read 104294 times)

Offline Frogger

• Salutes: 20
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
Re: Titles, who has them, and what they do.
« Reply #75 on: February 17, 2014, 10:13:38 am »
I can confirm that they did indeed take the title, though I have no screenshot handy. It should be on Leto's channel somewhere.

Offline Shinkurex

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 102
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: February 17, 2014, 10:17:33 am »
Awesome... Confirmation is all I need... I'll just link this post

Offline redria

• Salutes: 136
    • [OVW]
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: February 26, 2014, 08:54:27 pm »
http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/433774300744133733/87620E5BC334D1EC6EB1FF9133E6E47F0695B792/
February 26th, 2014, Ducks and Overwatch fought the last match of a best of 3 on Duel at Dawn. Overwatch won 5-3, taking the title Bringers of Dawn.

Offline Shinkurex

• CA Mod
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 11, 2014, 09:59:46 am »
sorry... things got slightly busy... things are updated to this point... keep me informed of any changes :)

Offline Frogger

• Salutes: 20
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: March 12, 2014, 08:23:06 pm »
The Ducks would like to report the following title victory:

On March 12, the Ducks defeated Overwatch, the reigning Paritan Rumble title holders, on said map during a Best of 3 scrimmage.

Screenshot: http://i.imgur.com/UIrzWNp.jpg

Offline Shinkurex

• CA Mod
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: March 12, 2014, 11:24:18 pm »
updated

Offline redria

• [OVW]
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: March 21, 2014, 04:23:33 pm »
Of note for this weekend, it looks like if the Merry Men lose their first match to the Fancy Teamkillers, then the loser of Group A Match 2 will have a shot at taking the Canyon Ambush Title. That should be the only title that could change hands this weekend during the Sky League tournament.

Offline Allien'

• Salutes: 13
    • [Rydr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: March 25, 2014, 04:06:39 pm »
Just a random question. I was wondering, did we, Crimson Sky Ryders, took the title "Sultans of the Dunes" from Overwatch last saturday?

Offline redria

• [OVW]
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: March 25, 2014, 04:10:52 pm »
Just a random question. I was wondering, did we, Crimson Sky Ryders, took the title "Sultans of the Dunes" from Overwatch last saturday?
The current Sultans of the Dunes are the Gents. Titles are kept up-to-date by Shinkurex at https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AlXoXqQWAhisdGR2Rm0xT0tISkcxR2FhbHpGc2NRSVE&usp=sharing. You know, we really should get Morbie to update the OP with that link. It is much easier to maintain and works well.

Offline Allien'

• Salutes: 13
    • [Rydr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: March 25, 2014, 04:13:27 pm »
ahahah, Sorry xD
We were talking about you guys having a title and I came here to check. Thanks Redria :)

Offline Feast on Thrones

• Salutes: 7
    • [Gent]
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: April 15, 2014, 10:07:57 am »
Gents beat Overwatch this weekend in the Sky League on Duel at Dawn, claiming their title!

Offline Velvet

• Salutes: 45
    • [Gent]
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: April 15, 2014, 10:12:11 am »
would I be right in thinking that any of a clan's teams are eligible to win and lose titles for their clan? so the Mad Hatters' victory against the Clamour on Fjords during Sky League bracket one would mean the Gents have claimed the Ducks' title for Fjords?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7cGwsCh9mc#t=1043
« Last Edit: April 15, 2014, 10:15:43 am by Velvet »

Offline redria

• [OVW]
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: April 15, 2014, 10:19:30 am »
Gents beat Overwatch this weekend in the Sky League on Duel at Dawn, claiming their title!
I was wondering when that one would pop up. ;)

would I be right in thinking that any of a clan's teams are eligible to win and lose titles for their clan? so the Mad Hatters' victory against the Clamour on Fjords during Sky League bracket one would mean the Gents have claimed the Ducks' title for Fjords?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7cGwsCh9mc#t=1043
Yessir. Amusingly, the Gents lost on Fjords the same day that they claimed it. But OVW couldn't take it until the Gents had it and had it confirmed. So your title is safe (for now).

Offline Velvet

• Salutes: 45
    • [Gent]
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: April 15, 2014, 10:45:33 am »
Yessir. Amusingly, the Gents lost on Fjords the same day that they claimed it. But OVW couldn't take it until the Gents had it and had it confirmed. So your title is safe (for now).
now that I think about it, those matches were going on at almost exactly the same time. However I'm pretty sure you guys were already well into your Canyons game when I opened the stream after our match so the Gents probably hadn't won any titles when you beat them anyway, albeit only by a matter of minutes. ^^

Offline redria

• [OVW]
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: April 15, 2014, 10:57:09 am »
now that I think about it, those matches were going on at almost exactly the same time. However I'm pretty sure you guys were already well into your Canyons game when I opened the stream after our match so the Gents probably hadn't won any titles when you beat them anyway, albeit only by a matter of minutes. ^^
The way I personally view it is that a title can only be taken if the title has been actively transferred, and that there should be a buffer period of a day or so after a title is taken to claim it. After that point, if the original title holder loses it in a different match, the new team could claim it instead. For instance.

1. Team A holds the title Masters of Ambush.
2. Team B beats Team A on Canyon ambush in a tournament on 4/1.
3. Team C beats Team B on Canyon Ambush later in that tournament.
4. Team D beats Team A on Canyon Ambush on 4/3

In 2, Team B takes the title. In 3, it would be up for debate whether Team C could take the newly won title, or if there would be a safe period. I would lean towards safe period, meaning Team B still holds the title.
If Team B should actively claim the title, then 4 means nothing. Nobody cares.
But if Team B has not claimed the title by the time 4 happens, then I would say that Team D now owns the title.
This helps keep the titles in the hands of teams that are interested in the side game.
All of this sort of screws over Team C, but such is life.

Either way, our games were close enough to simultaneous that I wouldn't try claiming it anyways. :P