Author Topic: Titles, who has them, and what they do.  (Read 104266 times)

Offline Shinkurex

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 102
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
Re: Titles, who has them, and what they do.
« Reply #30 on: January 20, 2014, 10:50:40 am »
yeah.... I think this is the part that would add that confusion to it:

"but the map you are scheduled to fight them on is not the map they hold the title for, you can force them to play on the title map instead."

That would have to be challenged before the match... if the map comes up naturally, then it still counts

Offline Byron Cavendish

• Salutes: 89
    • [TB]
    • View Profile
    • The Brotherhood
« Reply #31 on: January 20, 2014, 11:03:29 am »
Hrmm, I always thought it had to be directly challenged before the onset of the match in a scrim.

That wouldn't make much sense. Once you get a title, you'll just never agree to any match to let it go. Case in point.

Offline Byron Cavendish

• [TB]
    • View Profile
    • The Brotherhood
« Reply #32 on: January 20, 2014, 11:05:09 am »
I guess the more important issue is: who cares anyway? I thought this system was dead. I never gave it any thought since its implementation.

Offline Captain Smollett

• Salutes: 122
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 20, 2014, 11:22:06 am »
Oh Byron, some people like competing over this stuff, it's fun and adds depth to competitive play.

It's ok to have fun when playing video games.

Offline Byron Cavendish

• [TB]
    • View Profile
    • The Brotherhood
« Reply #34 on: January 20, 2014, 11:46:14 am »
Understand, I have fun competing. I don't even care about winning, I just love competing for the sake of competing. I guess that's why I have a hard time understanding this, having a title with your clan name over a picture seems so trivial to me. Also like I said, I thought this whole thing was dead.

Offline redria

• Salutes: 136
    • [OVW]
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 20, 2014, 12:17:33 pm »
It adds a deeper meaning to scrimmages and tournament matches, just like the full season competitive scene (formerly and possibly futurely known as COGS) makes every match count towards an end result. If your team always fields a set of pilots, it is the chance for those pilots to say "I don't care who or what you bring, this is our map. No one can beat us here." And if they lose it, they have a shot of taking it back and redeeming themselves. It turns a match about today into a fight for your reputation.

Not something for everyone, and I don't know that anyone really got into the pride of it, but I can see it happening if someone really wants a map.

That said, Merry Men, I am coming after your Canyon Ambush title. This is happening. I don't care about any other map, but Canyon Ambush is mine. Be ready.

Offline Shinkurex

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 102
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 20, 2014, 12:21:37 pm »
come and learn the reason why we're the Masters of Ambush

Offline Sammy B. T.

• Salutes: 154
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 20, 2014, 12:27:17 pm »
Wow,  I was quite incorrect. I'm glad titles are getting some attention. A but of mobility never hurt any system.

I would like it though if we could dictate title match challenges. Off a title is at stake I think it is reasonable for the title owner to want a bo3.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2014, 12:30:42 pm by Sammy B. T. »

Offline redria

• [OVW]
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 20, 2014, 12:34:20 pm »
Off a title is at stake I think it is reasonable for the title owner to want a bo3.
Honestly? I think it should be mentioned before the match starts that a title is on the line, but I don't think it should be best of 3. If you are truly owner of the map, you will win every single time. I realize that's not entirely possible, but it promotes movement of the titles making them easier to steal from more dominant clans, and it makes sure that if you want to own a map, you really have to know that map completely.

Offline Sammy B. T.

• Salutes: 154
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 20, 2014, 12:48:51 pm »
I'm not saying it has to be, just that the title owner should be able to choose reasonable terms for the match.

You know what, scratch that. Titles being mobile as all get out sounds fantastic. I'd love nothing more than to lose a title to a team and by the time we get a rematch with that team, the title has already moved through two other clans. I'm okay with this.

SAC, enjoy your titles.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2014, 12:58:05 pm by Sammy B. T. »

Offline Alistair MacBain

• Salutes: 23
    • [GwTh]
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 20, 2014, 01:19:33 pm »
Kinda strange sammy.

The title can be taken from you, and you have to protect it. Any time your team competes in a competitive scrimmage, Cogs, or participating tournaments, on the map you hold your title to, your title is in jeopardy. Should your team lose, the team that beat you will take your title, and you will no longer be the champions of that map, or holders of the territory.

That is the ruleset thats given in the starting post.
There is not written clear that it must said beforehand that those scrim will be for a title. IT says defend your title at any point.
Theres also nothing added for bo1 or bo3.

And if i remember correctly in the end of season tournament the match between tfd and ducks wasnt bo3 either.
The matches were all bo3 and the only bo3 was a mistake and that was on day one between ducks and overwatch. I dont say its your fault, just to make clear.
We all know who to blame for that :P. (i love u ram)
The first round on day 2 was a bo1 and you fought tfd for that title. Yes you won but it was the same thing happened here regarding bo3 or bo1.

Offline redria

• [OVW]
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 20, 2014, 01:21:51 pm »
I'm not saying it has to be, just that the title owner should be able to choose reasonable terms for the match.

You know what, scratch that. Titles being mobile as all get out sounds fantastic. I'd love nothing more than to lose a title to a team and by the time we get a rematch with that team, the title has already moved through two other clans. I'm okay with this.

SAC, enjoy your titles.
I... apologize if this comes out wrong. I dislike the internet. I honestly can't tell if you are serious here, or are fed up and don't care anymore. I would rather discuss this and know the rules than just let mob rule take the day. Ducks did initiate this whole thing, so it's only fair that you are sort of in power with regards to how the rules are set concerning titles.

So I apologize if this comes out insulting, but I'm asking earnestly if you are being serious.  :) I don't like drama in gaming and it is hard to tell the emotions behind the writing sometimes.

Offline Tropo

• Salutes: 31
    • [SAC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 20, 2014, 06:00:56 pm »
im only over here because some one imformed me that Sacrilege owns these titltle im only here to claim them on behalf of my clan i did not seek you out. the ducks choices these maps and we won there is also on video some where rob and dan ?

Offline Mod Josie

• Muse
  • Salutes: 130
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 20, 2014, 07:12:53 pm »
Wait is this a thing now? Can we claim maps and titles without having agreed previously that they were at stake?

Offline Mr. Ace Rimmer

• Salutes: 31
    • [OVW]
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 20, 2014, 09:17:48 pm »
Wait is this a thing now? Can we claim maps and titles without having agreed previously that they were at stake?

It seems that is the way rules intended the system to work as written.