Author Topic: Bring Back Old Paritan For 3v3  (Read 6472 times)

Offline N-Sunderland

• Salutes: 281
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
Bring Back Old Paritan For 3v3
« on: August 28, 2013, 12:11:35 pm »
For those who didn't know (I.e. if you haven't been playing long or just didn't go on Paritan much), Paritan Rumble used to be a considerably larger map, before it was cut down due to the "hide and go seek" feeling that people were getting from it. Understandably, some people liked the old Paritan, but reverting back would cause more harm than good. So here's what I suggest: use the full-size map for 3v3. The larger area is better suited for a greater number of ships, so there probably wouldn't be as much time spent searching for the enemy team. And after all, the more maps the better, and I'm sure it couldn't be that difficult to convert it, considering that it's already all laid out.

Offline Imagine

• Salutes: 59
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
    • Twitch Stream
Re: Bring Back Old Paritan For 3v3
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2013, 12:13:38 pm »
And name it Paritian Rumble, just for kicks :D

Offline N-Sunderland

• [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2013, 12:23:15 pm »
And name it Paritian Rumble, just for kicks :D

Lol, this gets a salute.

Offline Squidslinger Gilder

• Salutes: 287
    • [TBB]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2013, 04:17:30 pm »
Heck make it 3v3 and also bring it back in original size for 2v2 at the same time. There was no reason to change it in the first place. Size was fine. Sure it was large but then again other 2v2 maps are large too and I don't see them being cut up.

Offline N-Sunderland

• [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2013, 04:39:40 pm »
Problem was the combination of large size and extensive cover. Remember the Falconeers vs. BFS Paritan match in Icarus Sky? We spent way more time looking for each other than actually fighting.

• [TBB]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2013, 06:43:47 pm »
That all depends on how the teams fly it. Can't judge all matches based on ones where teams use more cover.

Offline Keon

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 105
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2013, 07:44:30 pm »
Gilder, this is what is known as a compromise. I gather you liked the old way. I rather like the new way. What N-Sunderland proposes is a good way where we can both get what we want. And I like the idea. I think we'd need to see it tested extensively, maybe get a few scrimmage teams to fly on the new map on the dev app.

• [TBB]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2013, 04:41:18 am »
I don't mind so much keeping the new way if the borders are redone. Either the border needs to stop at a building or it needs to allow for it to go around.

Offline Captain Smollett

• Salutes: 122
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2013, 11:04:28 am »
Yeah... there's still a little love needed on goi map borders.

The border on the eastern canyon and the northern bit on duel never made sense to me either.

The problem is when the games match edges butt up against and object. (which it does in these cases) since you can always fly past a map edge but it can slingshot you back into the object.