Author Topic: My issues with this game.  (Read 42993 times)

Offline QKO

• Salutes: 5
    • [TCD]
    • View Profile
Re: My issues with this game.
« Reply #60 on: August 25, 2013, 09:56:01 pm »
Ok, lets start to use this thread for some other but related issues. Have you guys played during the last weekend? It's been a very bad shift for as far as I'm concerned. I've actually reported someone on all accounts of trolling and at multiple occasions have we required a CA or Muse member to step in and deal with the situation. Quite frankly, I think something really needs to be done before the community starts segregating itself into private groups and we start ending up with dota inhouses all over again. Our patience is getting severely tested as it is right now.

Offline Eukari

• Salutes: 42
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 25, 2013, 10:00:11 pm »
I haven't really noticed anything. I play during very odd hours though- GMT -5 in the early afternoon and after midnight.

Is this some sort of organized thing or did it just seem like you ran into a lot of annoying people?

Offline Piemanlives

• Salutes: 155
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 25, 2013, 10:03:14 pm »
I have yet to notice that at all.

Offline QKO

• Salutes: 5
    • [TCD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 25, 2013, 10:21:19 pm »
I haven't really noticed anything. I play during very odd hours though- GMT -5 in the early afternoon and after midnight.

Is this some sort of organized thing or did it just seem like you ran into a lot of annoying people?
I ran into a lot of annoying people.

Offline Gambrill

• Salutes: 26
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 28, 2013, 02:26:57 am »
Maybe we could have a leveling system that rewards classes. Engies must be level 3 before unlocking gunner, and then gunners must reach level 2 before gaining pilot. This would ensure that by the time someone was pilot, they would understand how to work together.

I highly disagree with this. I joined with three other people at the beginning, we decided to work together and understand the game together. We each decided our roles and stuck with it, learning from mistakes and evolving our strategies accordingly, we became better players. Forcing people to start with one class will not make a better pilot, it takes patience and co-ordination not to mention the apptitude and communication. Just because someone had to work to get to pilot does not mean they will be any better.

Offline Eukari

• Salutes: 42
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 28, 2013, 12:36:14 pm »
I think one of the strengths of this game is that everything is unlocked right from the get-go. You don't need to spend hours and hours grinding to unlock the "real game."

That said, would it work if you had to play the tutorial for each class to unlock it? Then, at least, you're actually playing a little in-game before your first match. The tutorials are (very) short, and while basic they would acquaint people with the mechanics of each class. Or perhaps offer some other reward for doing them; a unique hat or something for each class if you do its tutorial. (always in favor of more hats) You'd just have to change the main menu UI to draw people to it.