Author Topic: Other Squad-Based Games  (Read 5948 times)

Offline shadowsteel

• Salutes: 18
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
Other Squad-Based Games
« on: August 27, 2013, 10:38:02 am »
Okay, so the reason for this thread is that even though GoI is the most played game in my Steam library (as is with a lot of others as noted in a different thread), we all probably play other games as well. Some of these games are also multiplayer, BUT they don't have the same kind of community as we do and as such aren't as fun to play unless you have a group of friends. And most times you don't want to join a different guild/clan for every game you play.

So, to get back to the original thought, this thread is to post other games that you would like to play with people from the GoI community. To give it some consistency please use the following format.

Game Name:
Type of Multiplayer: MMO, Squad-Based FPS, etc
Steam ID:
Note (optional):
Comments (on the game):

So for example I recently bought Battlefield 3 in the Humble Bundle, which can be found here and it's a lot of fun.

Game Name: Battlefield 3
Type of MP: Squad-based FPS
Steam ID: http://steamcommunity.com/id/shadowsteel/
Note: Not available on Steam, I used Origin
Comments: If you played FPS before this shouln't be to hard otherwise expect to die a lot in the beginning. There are 4 person squads in pretty much every game type, but without comms there's little you can do with them and with most FPS players being Every Man for Himself, the in-game voice commands don't go far. BUT I've watched some gameplay on Youtube where the Squad was communicating and it immediately makes a difference. DM is usually pretty frantic, but the Rush and Conquest have some gameplay where actual tactics can really shine.

So that's it. The comments don't have to be that long. Those are pretty much for people who don't know much about the game. Most people are probably looking for others already playing.

Also, please keep this thread on track. For games you're having fun with that you just wanna share, please post in this thread:https://gunsoficarus.com/community/forum/index.php/topic,2259.new.html#new
« Last Edit: August 27, 2013, 10:47:52 am by shadowsteel »

Offline RearAdmiralZill

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 144
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
Re: Other Squad-Based Games
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2013, 10:56:29 am »
Game Name: Payday 2
Type of Multiplayer: Squad-Based FPS, slight RPG elements like skills.
Steam ID: (Its rather easy to guess)
Note (optional): Steam yo.
Comments (on the game): You rob banks, get loot, melee civilians dumb enough to run into a fire-fight (that costs you though...), and generally have fun feeding your inner criminal. Requires a good deal if communication and coordination to pull off well, so naturally goio community members are a big bonus. 4 man squads. I usually already have a MM squad available, but hey, can't hurt to get more in there.

Offline Keon

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 105
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2013, 09:46:48 pm »
Planetside 2: It's a MMOFPS. If you join a squadron you can get some pretty good team gameplay going but it still feels like a shooter.

Offline Serenum

• Salutes: 12
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2013, 08:22:33 am »
Planetside 2: It's a MMOFPS. If you join a squadron you can get some pretty good team gameplay going but it still feels like a shooter.

And then they introduced a bug which makes my game (and hundreds of other people's game) crash every 5 minutes and refused to fix it saying that "that's what you get for playing with minimum requirements". Too bad before the patch that introduced the bug I had no such problem.  >:(
SOE is the worst.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2013, 08:24:07 am by Serenum »

Offline Keon

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 105
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2013, 09:06:52 am »

And then they introduced a bug which makes my game (and hundreds of other people's game) crash every 5 minutes and refused to fix it saying that "that's what you get for playing with minimum requirements". Too bad before the patch that introduced the bug I had no such problem.  >:(
SOE is the worst.

Yep. It's a nice idea, terrible execution.