Author Topic: Other Games You're Playing Now  (Read 98533 times)

Offline WhiteWeasel

• Salutes: 2
    • View Profile
Re: Other Games You're Playing Now
« Reply #60 on: September 08, 2013, 02:53:01 am »
Kerbal Space Program and Natural Selection 2.

Offline Sgt. Spoon

• Salutes: 112
    • [Keno]
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 08, 2013, 08:46:05 am »
Kerbal Space Program and Natural Selection 2.
oh both good games

Offline dragonmere

• Salutes: 45
    • [COx]
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 08, 2013, 02:14:27 pm »
Five pages in and no one has mentioned Payday 2? It's a four man crew game that rewards teamwork and communication. Been having a blast playing with my GoIO crew.

Yes, the AI is a bit atrocious, and the game is fairly repetitive, but these are things that a GoIO veteran probably isn't opposed to. The grind factor, half-crafting system, and the somewhat random nature of each map spawn do help to alleviate some of the repetition.

Then again, I'm only about 10hrs into it, and still very low level. Perhaps it will get boring quicker than I'm expecting.

Seriously, though, for $30, it's a great game. (Friends required, sold separately.) It's still new, but when it gets a Steam sale, there is no excuse for not picking it up. Runs like butter on my oldish system, too.

Offline Sgt. Spoon

• Salutes: 112
    • [Keno]
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 08, 2013, 05:17:53 pm »
Five pages in and no one has mentioned Payday 2? It's a four man crew game that rewards teamwork and communication. Been having a blast playing with my GoIO crew.

Yes, the AI is a bit atrocious, and the game is fairly repetitive, but these are things that a GoIO veteran probably isn't opposed to. The grind factor, half-crafting system, and the somewhat random nature of each map spawn do help to alleviate some of the repetition.

Then again, I'm only about 10hrs into it, and still very low level. Perhaps it will get boring quicker than I'm expecting.

Seriously, though, for $30, it's a great game. (Friends required, sold separately.) It's still new, but when it gets a Steam sale, there is no excuse for not picking it up. Runs like butter on my oldish system, too.

Think Zill mentioned it in that other game thread. Haven't really checked it out too much, but the analogy people used to refer the first one with: "L4D 'cept the zombies have guns" haven't exactly been helping. Though I guess I should look more into it before going all judgemental on it, and I guess it could be the epitome of gaming for all I know
« Last Edit: September 09, 2013, 10:18:47 am by Sgt. Spoon »

Offline Dutch Vanya

• Salutes: 107
    • [Clan]
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 08, 2013, 06:02:49 pm »
I have only played GoIO since i got it, I'm completely hooked.

GTA5 soon though...

Offline Eukari

• Salutes: 42
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 08, 2013, 07:15:59 pm »
I wandered back into Mass Effect 3's multiplayer and have been enjoying it. I mean, I enjoyed it before, but it's still fun now. The random unlocks are a little annoying, but only because they've added so many class/race combos (and don't stop giving you old ones) that your chance of getting the one you actually want is very low. And that it takes four Silver-level matches to get enough credits to buy all the good packs. Grrr.

But, it's very fun to play. If anyone else plays Mass Effect 3, hit me up on Origin (my ID name is Eukimi, because Eukari was already taken, what the heck) and let's kill some Geth/Reapers/Cerberus/Collectors!

Offline Andika

• Salutes: 114
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 15, 2013, 10:26:59 am »
TOMB RAIDER!!!! My family is obliged to call me Lara. On second thought, you guys are also expected to do so from now on.

Offline Gryphos

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 57
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 15, 2013, 11:07:32 am »
I'd never played any Metal Gear Solid game before. But after watching the gameplay demo for MGS 5, which looks fucking awesome, I decided to get into the franchise. I only started recently and am still working my way through MGS 1, but so far I'm liking it.
If there's one thing that always makes me laugh it's the game over screen when one of the operators goes,

"Snake? SNAKE!? SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKEEEEEEEE!!!!!"

Offline James T. Kirk

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 182
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
    • The Cake Official Website!
« Reply #68 on: September 15, 2013, 12:33:19 pm »
I'd never played any Metal Gear Solid game before. But after watching the gameplay demo for MGS 5, which looks fucking awesome, I decided to get into the franchise. I only started recently and am still working my way through MGS 1, but so far I'm liking it.
If there's one thing that always makes me laugh it's the game over screen when one of the operators goes,

"Snake? SNAKE!? SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKEEEEEEEE!!!!!"

Metal Gear Solid is my favorite game series of all time.

You're in for a treat, my friend.

Offline DMaximus

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 28
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 15, 2013, 12:35:18 pm »
BUT DAVID HAYTER ISN'T VOICING SNAKE IN MGS5!!! KOJIMA HAS BETRAYED US! SNAKE IS NOT THE GUY FROM 24!

Offline James T. Kirk

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 182
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
    • The Cake Official Website!
« Reply #70 on: September 15, 2013, 12:38:18 pm »
Call me crazy, but I trust Hideo Frikin' Kojima.

Wondering where this will go, and excited for release.

Offline Piemanlives

• Salutes: 155
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 15, 2013, 12:40:05 pm »
*Insert fan rage here*

On another note I've been meaning to try out the new Warframe update, should get around to that sometime.

Offline Mepic Von Shreck

• Salutes: 11
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
    • Shrek
« Reply #72 on: September 15, 2013, 01:50:36 pm »
Far Cry 3 is all I'm playing right now (as well as GOI) thanks to having loads of work...

Offline BdrLineAzn

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 103
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: September 16, 2013, 09:08:56 pm »
Been playing more on my PS2 lately so I've been playing most of my old Ace Combat games and bowing stuff up in GTA San Andres with the oh-so helpful cheats :P

I don't know if this be categories as a big time game, but there this app on the iPad called Battleship Craft where you make your own ship of war using blocks. It is surprisingly addictive for me wanting to perfect a new ship and then you can test it out by battling other people online.

Offline Keon

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 105
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: September 16, 2013, 10:13:50 pm »
So it's Minecraft with a decent Zeppelin Mod installed? I'll have to check that out. Speaking of voxels, starmade has huge potential to become an amazing game and I've been playing it a lot lately.