Author Topic: Handguns and personal weapons  (Read 14481 times)

Offline HamsterIV

• Salutes: 328
    • View Profile
    • Monkey Dev
Re: Handguns and personal weapons
« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2013, 07:03:21 pm »
I can see the desire for hand held weapons stemming form an inability to retaliate when an enemy ship gets on your blind side. This situation resulted from a breakdown in team work. The captain failed to give the gunners a shot, the engineers failed to keep the turning engines working for the pilot, and the gunner failed to kill the target before it could give damage the engineer's components. Providing personal weapons to allow people to fight as individuals will not help people learn to work together as a team.

I wouldn't mind a flair gun, as an alternative to the spy glass, that can illuminate clouds available as a hand held device. So long as it has no combat use. Like wise I wouldn't mind Moonshine being something I can pour directly into the engines (and my self).

Offline awkm

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 77
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
    • Notes for Next Century—n4n100
« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2013, 01:19:19 pm »
No.

I'm confident to say that there will never be any player owned and used weapons, boarding or not (and there will be absolutely no boarding as well).

This goes against the philosophy behind the entire game.  It's about teamwork.  By having your own gun, I can point my gun anywhere and shoot while ignoring the current status of the ship.  I'm using status loosely here to include it's position relative to other ships.  When using a gun on a ship in this game, you are aware of your ships position.  The unit of measurement will always be the ship.  If you are not aware of the ship then this goes against the core philosophy.

Offline Pickle

• Salutes: 42
    • [AeBr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 06, 2013, 02:29:15 pm »
Would you rule out decorative pistols as part of a costume choice? - nonfunctional, just hanging on the belt.. could make an interesting pirate costume choice.. .. ..

Offline teweedo

• Salutes: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 06, 2013, 03:08:02 pm »
Would you rule out decorative pistols as part of a costume choice? - nonfunctional, just hanging on the belt.. could make an interesting pirate costume choice.. .. ..

^This !

And also the flair gun working as a long view :p