Author Topic: Honest suggestion.  (Read 10072 times)

Offline The Scattman

• Salutes: 0
    • View Profile
Honest suggestion.
« on: March 22, 2013, 01:25:49 am »
Change your line of work. Seriously. You guys aren't cut out to make video games.

Offline Helmic

• Salutes: 35
    • [NCNS]
    • View Profile
Re: Honest suggestion.
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2013, 01:42:04 am »
Well, considering they've made video games, I think by definition they're cut out to make video games.  What's got you mad?

Offline Squash

• Salutes: 71
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2013, 02:03:17 am »
Wow. Tough talk. But I like it. What you're saying is you want me to land a major motion picture.

Offline -Muse- Cullen

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 47
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2013, 02:27:45 am »
But... but I like playing this game...

Offline krait

• Salutes: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2013, 02:49:50 am »
This feels like a topic for the pit. You can't really expect game designers, good or bad, with a published game, good or bad, to just take the suggestion and abandon their game and their community at the snap of your fingers. Even if they did, it'd be somewhat paradoxical, since it doesn't take a lot of critical thinking to realize it's impossible to improve a game by giving up on it (thus your suggestion can't possibly "help" anyone who already plays one of Muse' games).

A more realistic suggestion (though still, probably pit material) would be to ask them to stop accepting people's money, though for some reason, even (or perhaps especially) people who've already played their games just seem to want to give it to them anyway.

Offline Coldcurse

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 164
    • [TFD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2013, 04:31:03 am »
scattman i think your topic should be deleted, the game designers made an awesome game that still has to finish.
the game has already becoming competitive and easy to pick up for new players.
the game is not based about grinding levels, but based of the pure skill of the player and their capability to work in a team.
this game bring people closer because this game is not about grinding exp, its about working together.

scattman your argument is invalid because of this reason.

the designers made something awesome and new, something you dont see in any average game.
something that will keep you playing because you want to, something that you want to improve.
they made skill, fun, steampunk and beauty.
if you dont like this, then become a designer and make your own damn game (because we really like to see your knowledge in making a let down re-make of 1 bit pacman).
« Last Edit: March 22, 2013, 04:34:52 am by Coldcurse »

Offline Kyren

• Salutes: 80
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2013, 04:36:42 am »
I'm afraid this isn't going anywhere, especially not with that kind of argumentation, Scattman. Feel free to open another, more constructive thread with a bunch of well versed arguments, and it might not be locked. This is just disrespectful.

Offline N-Sunderland

• Salutes: 281
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2013, 09:36:13 pm »
Too bad I wasn't online when this thread was started. I would have deleted it and dished a warning out. I'm not going to build on any of the current actions, though.

And yes, I did just post through a lock. CA powers ftw :P