Author Topic: Never thought I would love this game this much.  (Read 12042 times)

Offline nalaskey

• Salutes: 1
    • View Profile
Never thought I would love this game this much.
« on: February 25, 2013, 09:25:12 pm »
I have to say, I was pretty excited to see this games release. I have been following it for a while now and when I saw it so cheap I had to grab a copy. Any who, I really didn't expect to enjoy it SO MUCH! I mainly play an Engineer but I also wreck on the Mant.  I also got five of my friends hooked. Just wanted to know how many of you found this game as surprisingly addictive as I did?
Happy buffing!
-nalaskey

Offline N-Sunderland

• Salutes: 281
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
Re: Never thought I would love this game this much.
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2013, 09:30:27 pm »
At first I liked the game but couldn't get entirely hooked. I was one of those guys who had no friends playing the game, and who couldn't find a single crew to stick with. So I worked my way up over time, and eventually I got my name to be fairly well known. And once I finally found myself in the comfortable position where I am now, I really started enjoying it. If you look at the forum stats, you can tell that I enjoy this game way, way too much.

Offline Lord Dick Tim

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 119
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2013, 01:57:19 am »
I've put in enough hours to hear the mrs begin the you have a problem speech lol.
I mean, I've got Russian words stickied to my desk along with little jokes about Cloud Whales sneaking into my visual space now. 
I get the itch late night at work to go home and jump behind a pilot wheel and just ram The Cloud Whaler into something.

Offline Stoner Durzo

• Salutes: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2013, 07:58:48 am »
I had never heard of this game before the Daily Deal on Steam but i bought it on a whim. And i'm glad that I did. Usually these types of purchases don't work out well for me. I have over 110 games on steam and play maybe 6 of them.

When I first started playing I couldn't use my mic (because of settings I couldn't find) which made communicating tedious. Typing mid battle or whatever. But now I'm able to chat, the game has essentially doubled in Fun.

I've loved airships since I saw them in Final Fantasy games as a child. Now I can fly one :)

I'm hooked.

Edit: My game stats beg to differ apparently. 1 1 1, pfft :P

Offline HamsterIV

• Salutes: 328
    • View Profile
    • Monkey Dev
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2013, 04:44:12 pm »
I've put in enough hours to hear the mrs begin the you have a problem speech lol.
This morning when my wife was driving I saw some car about to pull out in front of us. I didn't know if she had spotted it so I instinctively yelled "Target front!" This in turn got me the "You may have a problem speech."

Offline Shinkurex

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 102
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2013, 04:45:46 pm »
This morning when my wife was driving I saw some car about to pull out in front of us. I didn't know if she had spotted it so I instinctively yelled "Target front!" This in turn got me the "You may have a problem speech."

LOL.... sad thing is, I bet this will happen with my wife one of these days... Salute for you :)

Offline Jazzza

• Salutes: 16
    • View Profile
    • Website
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2013, 08:16:51 pm »
I mean, I've got Russian words stickied to my desk

Considering how many Russians join my games that's a brilliant idea.