Author Topic: Possible Change to Squid  (Read 15336 times)

Offline Ccrack

• Salutes: 25
    • [duck]
    • View Profile
Re: Possible Change to Squid
« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2013, 09:03:33 pm »
i like the squid how it allready is, running past someone then dropping tar and having a bifecta from the back / side guns while still having the ability to bifecta with the front / side normally

changeing the arc would remove that ability and would make it a lot less flexible in my opinion

Offline Squidslinger Gilder

• Salutes: 287
    • [TBB]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 20, 2013, 05:13:29 am »
This isn't needed if they'd just return the squid to its original speed and handling. Besides you can get duofectas already with it. In fact ill probably flip if this was tested before the ship got fixed. Boat needs to be fixed first...then you can toy with buffs like this.

Offline Letus

• Salutes: 34
    • [SAC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 20, 2013, 05:17:42 am »
This isn't needed if they'd just return the squid to its original speed and handling. Besides you can get duofectas already with it. In fact ill probably flip if this was tested before the ship got fixed. Boat needs to be fixed first...then you can toy with buffs like this.

I'd have to agree.  If I need to escape, and using kerosine to do so, the Pyramidion (which is supposed to be slow) on Kerosine should not be able to keep up with me, or if I am using my maneuvers around a ship...

...bleh
I miss my old squid's maneuverability the most...

As with the gun ideas...to me, it feels like that would just make the Squid another easy point-forward-and shoot ship....

Offline Wundsalz

• Salutes: 72
    • [Rydr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 24, 2013, 08:12:26 am »
I like to fly the squid occasionally, to toy around, but I barely ever pick it when I encounter serious opponents. While it's possible to stay out of enemies lines of fires in most CQC situations, it's very hard to bring two guns into arc at the same time and at the end of the day the squid simply lacks damage output. Currently I can't think of a Team Setup where the role of the squid can't be better fulfilled by another ship. The squid needs a little boost to become a viable choice for tough encounters.

As a possible approach, turning the side gun to the front popped into my mind as well. However I agree with those who say that a 45° side gun would ruin the flight style of the squid. What about turning the gun roughly 10° to the front (so the angle between front gun and side guns is 80° instead of 90°). That way maintaining a bifecta at the front would be significantly easier for a wide range of weapons which would ultimately result in more bang for bug when choosing the squid.
The rear gun could be turned slightly as well to still allow a 90° rear bifecta.

Offline Castus Crios

• Salutes: 4
    • [SAC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 29, 2013, 11:43:24 am »
I'm going to throw out my two cents on this suggestion Keon.

When I play squid I usually am running gat/flak. The flak is never run independantly and I fly as it isn't there at all except when attacking with a teammate. The advantage to playing with no focus on the side is it allows you to burn kero without turning and fly with both sides of the ship. Anytime I fly against a pyra head on or gold fish I need to have the perfect angle if I'm going around them; no time to turn side gun. Once I'm around a ships side however all bets are off and my engine engi will be finishing either after my own gat fire (which is always on) or is finishing for our teammate.

When flying a carronade squid or flamer squid the flight pattern is less aggressive and I don't ride as close to my other captain leaving more opportunity for ambush and distraction.

I feel that if the bifecta capablility is increased on the squid it would have more killing power and would then become a bigger target than it already is, cue ragequitting squid crews with no engines or balloon as you bifecta your way to the floor. I'd rather have a fifth engine lolz

But hey give me more angle and maybe I can pubstomp harder, against pro's it won't change much.