Author Topic: Taunts  (Read 5571 times)

Offline Jazzza

• Salutes: 16
    • View Profile
    • Website
Taunts
« on: March 04, 2013, 08:21:16 pm »
In some instances the crew of ships find themselves walking around the deck doing nothing. In some games at that point you could press a key to initiate a taunt or action for your player to appear to do (it doesn't actually do anything productive).

Can we please have something like that? It could be as simple as a wave, salute or whatever.

(actually a salute sounds the best now that I think about it, since we use salutes in these forums)

Offline N-Sunderland

• Salutes: 281
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
Re: Taunts
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2013, 08:23:59 pm »
I'd love to see a means of notification for players. I think something like the pointer in Portal 2's multiplayer would be cool, where you can click on an object and have it highlighted for the other player to see. We certainly need some way of indicating to new players that we want them on a certain gun without any language barriers interfering.

Offline Jazzza

• Salutes: 16
    • View Profile
    • Website
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2013, 12:47:32 am »
I'd love to see a means of notification for players. I think something like the pointer in Portal 2's multiplayer would be cool, where you can click on an object and have it highlighted for the other player to see. We certainly need some way of indicating to new players that we want them on a certain gun without any language barriers interfering.

My idea is for fun and wouldn't serve any real purpose (maybe to show respect to the captain if the taunt is a salute, which means it wouldn't be called a taunt anymore).

Your idea is good too.

Offline Helmic

• Salutes: 35
    • [NCNS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2013, 02:59:08 am »
Both ideas are good, some body gestures would be cool so long you can cancel out of them to put out the fire on the captain's ass.

Offline Lord Dick Tim

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 119
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2013, 04:38:33 am »
Two galleons pass each other on the open blue, the crews assemble on the weather deck and Hand Salute!