Author Topic: what do i get for donating?  (Read 7754 times)

Offline cosa nostra

• Salutes: 0
    • View Profile
what do i get for donating?
« on: August 16, 2013, 03:34:21 pm »
can someone explain what a season pass is and what it means by "DLC" dose this mean i get all the dlc when the game is launched? also how will my game be delivered to me? will i get it on steam?

Offline HamsterIV

• Salutes: 328
    • View Profile
    • Monkey Dev
Re: what do i get for donating?
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2013, 06:03:33 pm »
Adventure Mode will be DLC when Muse finally gets done with it. They will give you a activation code so you don't have to buy it through steam. I don't know, and don't think Muse knows if they will be chargeing a monthly/yearly subscription for adventure mode, but if they do they will give you a "season pass" so you don't have to pay out any more to gain access to the content your donation payed for.

Offline Dutch Vanya

• Salutes: 107
    • [Clan]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2013, 06:18:03 pm »
Season pass generally means all upcoming content will be available for you.

Offline cosa nostra

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2013, 06:40:21 pm »
So adventure mode is only going to be an update for online? So its not a seperate game?

Offline Captain Vimes

• Salutes: 1
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2013, 06:41:58 pm »
It'll be DLC, so you need the current version of the game  to play it.

An yeah, just like dutchvanya said, a season pass usually means you also get all the upcoming DLC for the game too.

10 bucks to support a cool developer and to get an interesting looking game on top of that seems pretty cool to me. Still, as always with pre-ordering and backing projects, you're buying a blind bag which could be good or bad.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2013, 06:44:47 pm by Captain Vimes »

Offline cosa nostra

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2013, 09:51:55 am »
thanks guys. this shed i little more light on what i just bought.

Offline naufrago

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 10
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2013, 12:05:07 pm »
Adventure Mode will be DLC when Muse finally gets done with it. They will give you a activation code so you don't have to buy it through steam. I don't know, and don't think Muse knows if they will be chargeing a monthly/yearly subscription for adventure mode, but if they do they will give you a "season pass" so you don't have to pay out any more to gain access to the content your donation payed for.

Muse doesn't want to do subscriptions from what I've heard. Pretty sure they're going to try and support themselves through the DLC and cosmetics sales.

Offline JaegerDelta

• Salutes: 16
    • [2620]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2013, 09:23:02 am »
Muse doesn't want to do subscriptions from what I've heard. Pretty sure they're going to try and support themselves through the DLC and cosmetics sales.

yup, should be easier to do now cause of the new influx of cash into people's steam wallet thanks to the trading cards. (also, everyone sell your trading cards and spend the free money on cosmetic GoI:O items :P )