Author Topic: Dev Fireside Chat and a call for questions!  (Read 27060 times)

Offline Saull

• Salutes: 4
    • [☥Ra☼]
    • View Profile
Re: Dev Fireside Chat and a call for questions!
« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2013, 09:15:49 pm »
Will Sony be supporting the development of Adventure Mode in any way, shape, or form?

Offline Squash

• Salutes: 71
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 21, 2013, 11:23:53 pm »
What is your favorite Christmas movie, and why is it Die Hard?

Offline Keon

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 105
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 21, 2013, 11:26:40 pm »
I thought it was the Star Wars Christmas Special!

Offline Captain Smollett

• Salutes: 122
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 22, 2013, 11:50:14 am »
Tell us about the next ship you'll be releasing.

Also what is the next heavy weapon you're considering introducing into the game?

Offline Pickle

• Salutes: 42
    • [AeBr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 22, 2013, 02:09:44 pm »
Ask Howard what happened about the fixes to Quick Join and better mechanisms to counter inappropriate mid-game joiners spoiling the player experience?

And why in the thread "Quick Join Sabotage" he ignored the popular request to close the match lobbies before the countdown expired so that everyone has time to adjust their loadout before being catapulted into the match.

Both of the above are six month old issues.

Are the Adventure Mode Kickstarter funds ring-fenced for the development and delivery of AM, and can we be assured that they are not being used to fund the port of the game to the PS4 Unity platform?

Offline N-Sunderland

• Salutes: 281
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 22, 2013, 02:20:35 pm »
Quick-Joining never puts players in a running match. Anybody who's coming in midway through and ruining it for you did so manually.

Offline shadowsteel

• Salutes: 18
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 22, 2013, 02:23:26 pm »
@Sunderland
Not talking about running matches. It's in the final moments before a match starts, someone joins with no time to change anything.
Class or tools.

EDIT: Derped and didn't read through all of the other post. Disregard.

Offline Pickle

• Salutes: 42
    • [AeBr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 22, 2013, 02:33:18 pm »
Quick-Joining never puts players in a running match. Anybody who's coming in midway through and ruining it for you did so manually.

Based on conversations with players that have joined mid-game this is not the way things are working - no matter who says it's been fixed.  I'm being told that Quick Join is still dropping people into running matches - and not just by the chancers but people I'm trusting to answer honestly when I ask them what they think they're doing joining as a second gunner, etc.

I'm also seeing L1/1/1 players dropped into unrestricted match lobbies from Quick Join - telling me it's only their third match and they're using Quick Join because they don't understand the lobby system.  But I'm also finding that the AI is also playing up and occasionally doubling up an AI gunner with a player gunner, and giving an AI engineer when there's already two player engineers - and even before Quick Join was supposed to have had it's teeth pulled we were told the QJ balancing was the same as the AI balancing.

Frankly, I no longer believe that any change that's claimed to have been made is working as stated.  Even with the last big patch, which was presumably project planned as a major milestone in the development of the game, there was the "I know it says this, but it's working like this" comments over the next few days.  It doesn't inspire confidence in the competence of the team.

Offline Keyvias

• Salutes: 83
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 22, 2013, 04:59:41 pm »
Hey Pickle,

Quick join won't actually put you into an active game and if you're under lv 3 it will choose to put you into a proving ground game over a regular match.
If that happens to anyone I urge you passionately to have them grab their log and send it into feedback@musegames.com because we can't reproduce it in the office (just tested it out.)
We haven't had any reports of it doing that so far, but we'll treat any we get very seriously.

Actually last patch was more of optimization and bug fixing.  Next patch is going to be the feature heavy one.
Sorry we haven't been inspiring, but feel free to shoot us an email at feedback@musegames.com with your thoughts.  This isn't saying you can't keep discussing them here, just wanted to give you the direct line.

I can't promise we see every forum thread, but I can promise Howard and I answer every email by hand.

Offline Swizy

• Salutes: 20
    • [T.Pr]
    • View Profile
    • FacePunch
« Reply #24 on: August 23, 2013, 11:15:42 am »
I'd love to have some demographics on the game. Average age, How many players from what country etc.
Also Gameplay stuff like, which is the most popular gun/ship/map/ammo/tool etc. You guys keep track of that?

Offline Ray Skywalker

• Salutes: 0
    • [HUE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 23, 2013, 07:05:52 pm »
Don't know why Dragontear was like "omg! I'd really love to see how it will be to play on the gamepad!".

I've been able to play with the X360 Controller with few problems. It's a little glitchy (especially on Linux) and I had to change the default button bindings, but the gameplay is OK.

Offline Plasmarobo

• Salutes: 41
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 23, 2013, 07:57:06 pm »
I also regularly fly with a 360 pad. Find it too slow to engineer or gun, but it's great for flying.
Def customized all the buttons lots, I did not enjoy the defaults at all.

Offline Papa Paradox

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 31
    • [CA]
    • View Profile
    • Wind and Thunder Gaming
« Reply #27 on: August 29, 2013, 04:23:15 pm »
40 mins until next fireside, we only have one question from the forum, time to start rattling them off guys!

FORUM POWERS ACTIVATE

Offline James T. Kirk

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 182
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
    • The Cake Official Website!
« Reply #28 on: August 29, 2013, 04:29:30 pm »
Oh god.

Uhhh..

You guys have said you're working on an economy system for Adventure Mode.

Will this be based on trading with other factions, along with who's at war with whom (war's expensive), or something else entirely?

Also, what do you guys do on the company/employee birthday(s)? 

Offline Rokth

• Salutes: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 06, 2013, 04:21:19 pm »
My question was missed by fade earlier I was asking for ship specs in tab. I was asking if we could see who was spectating a match when pressing TAB.

Not taking a stab at Fade. Merely clarifying.