Author Topic: Test Scheduling  (Read 22125 times)

Offline Queso

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 126
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
Re: Test Scheduling
« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2014, 02:30:16 pm »
Because that's when the Muse team is hard at work fixing networking bugs.

Offline GeoRmr

• Salutes: 178
    • [Rydr]
    • View Profile
    • Storm Ryders
« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2014, 01:28:47 pm »
How better to test networking than with players outside the US, with terrible europoor internet, who have finished work and are playing in the evening? =P

Offline Schwerbelastung

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 15
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 13, 2014, 03:57:07 am »
CANCELLED - SEE BELOW PLEASE

Hey there,

Straight to the point: I'm organizing a test run for the newest dev app changes. The test will take place on this Saturday, at 15:00 EST / 22:00 CET. It would be excellent if we could get at least 8-16 players in total to test things for roughly 2 hours, give or take. If we can get more people, we can make it a 3v3, but for now I'm planning a 2v2. We will meet in the dev app around 14:45-15:00 EST / 21:45 – 22:00 CET. I’ll create a match and everyone will be free to join. If there are people who can't make it at 15:00 EST / 22:00 CET but could join later, no problem - everyone is free to join the match via match list later on.

During this session – which will consist of regular matches in a scrambled lobby - it is very much encouraged to use the new and changed ammunition and openly talk about game balance via in-game text chat. Whenever you have time; during deaths, out of combat time, lobby phase, etc. This is the most important thing; unique, individual and also group feedback about the changes. I will be recording the chat and will forward your opinions so you don't have to go beyond discussing them.

Of course, in addition to this, everyone is more than welcome to join the discussion at the dev app forums. If you do not have access to that section of the Guns of Icarus forums yet, E-mail  keyvias@musegames.com  to get it. The reason I mention the forums as a second alternative in this case is that I feel that there are a lot of people who do not frequent the forums but would still have a lot of very useful feedback about the balance changes. By organizing a testing session where in-game feedback is also recorded and forwarded, it is not necessary to log in on the forums to give your input.

The biggest changes on the dev app currently relate to different ammunition. One of the main goals is to make the gunner class more viable compared to the gunning buff engineer, and a number of steps have been taken to accomplish this. The dev app will regularly get updates, and it is possible that there will be another update before the test day.

I'm posting this on the forums since out of the 4 contact persons from 4 different clans I've contacted earlier this week, none have replied to me (or their replies have not reached me due to technical difficulties) about how many people they would be getting for tomorrow. I'm hoping we will get 8-16 people, maybe even more, for this session.

p.s. If your clan needs additional dev keys, I will be sending them in a separate E-mail upon request. Just say so in this thread.

p.p.s More info about the gunner improvements / ammo testing in this thread: https://gunsoficarus.com/community/forum/index.php/topic,4115.0.html

CANCELLED - SEE BELOW PLEASE
« Last Edit: June 13, 2014, 07:20:28 pm by Schwerbelastung »

Offline Imagine

• Salutes: 59
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
    • Twitch Stream
« Reply #18 on: June 13, 2014, 02:27:07 pm »
Errrrr... are those times right? I'm pretty sure CET isn't supposed to be behind EST (or, as we are now in daylight savings, EDT)...

Offline macmacnick

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 121
    • [Clan]
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile: Macmacnick
« Reply #19 on: June 13, 2014, 05:48:39 pm »
Heh, Got that mixup in an E-mail from him, had some difficulties with organizing that for Cake... Thankfully, I corrected it on my calendar

Offline Schwerbelastung

• Muse Games
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 13, 2014, 06:51:54 pm »
Errrrr... are those times right? I'm pretty sure CET isn't supposed to be behind EST (or, as we are now in daylight savings, EDT)...

You are correct. My bad, I'll be sure to fix the mistake. Luckily there were two times so the mistake could be noticed.. hopefully by everyone. :)

Offline Schwerbelastung

• Muse Games
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 13, 2014, 07:26:10 pm »
As you can see from my first post on this page, this Saturday's testing session is CANCELLED.

The reason is that I have so far gotten word from 0 people that they or their friends will be attending this event, so I believe it will be better to not have anyone waste their time by logging on on a Saturday evening (or afternoon in the states) in case the test session would not be successful.

The new time for the testing session is next weekend (21-22.6), and I will post another reply in this thread as soon as possible so that everyone will have a week's notice (as opposed to a few days that was the case here). I will gather information about community events happening on that weekend so I can do my best to avoid conflicts with anyone's GoIO schedules.

My sincere apologies to anyone who may have marked this Saturday in their calendars. I will also contact the 4 contact persons I had E-mailed about the session, to let them know that it is being pushed back by a week.

Offline macmacnick

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 121
    • [Clan]
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile: Macmacnick
« Reply #22 on: June 13, 2014, 08:53:14 pm »
I have had a few going, Schwer, including Jacob...

Offline Schwerbelastung

• Muse Games
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 14, 2014, 04:18:20 am »
I have had a few going, Schwer, including Jacob...

I talked to Jacob on Skype in the CA chat about moving the testing session before and when I decided to push it back. I appreciate you had a few people interested about the session, but the reason for pushing back the session was that I had gotten word from no one that they would be bringing others in nor that they would be sure they would attend themselves. As I mentioned before, I do apologize for pushing this back. I should have given more time to you guys to forward this to your clans and then get back with an estimate.

By the way, have you joined the CA chat? I tried to ask around in the Skype chat but the others weren't sure whether you were using Skype or not. If you wish to join it, check the CA forums for details. :)

Offline Schwerbelastung

• Muse Games
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 14, 2014, 02:38:22 pm »
Hey there,

Straight to the point: I'm organizing a test run for the newest dev app changes. The test will take place on next Sunday, June 22nd, at 5 PM EST / 9 PM UTC. For reference, the Sunday community skirmish starts at 3 PM EST / 7 PM UTC on this Sunday (June 15th). You will be able to attend both the testing session and the Sunday community skirmish, as the testing event has no time constraints - you are free to join and leave as you please.

It would be excellent if we could get at least 8-16 players in total to test things for roughly 2 hours, give or take. If we can get more people, we can make it a 3v3, but for now I'm planning a 2v2. We will meet in the dev app around 5 PM EST / 9 PM UTC. I’ll create a match and everyone will be free to join. If there are people who can't make it at the start but could join later, no problem - everyone is free to join the match via match list later on.

During this session – which will consist of regular matches in a scrambled lobby - it is very much encouraged to use the new and changed ammunition and openly talk about game balance via in-game text chat. Whenever you have time; during deaths, out of combat time, lobby phase, etc. This is the most important thing; unique, individual and also group feedback about the changes. I will be recording the chat and will forward your opinions so you don't have to go beyond discussing them in-game if you don’t want to. You are of course also free to use voice chat, but be aware that it won’t be recorded and as such will not be as useful as text-based feedback, especially if I’m not on the same ship.

Of course, in addition to this, everyone is more than welcome to join the discussion here at the dev app forums. The reason I mention the forums as a second alternative in this case is that I feel that there are a lot of people who do not frequent the forums but would still have a lot of very useful feedback about the balance changes. By organizing a testing session where in-game feedback is also recorded and forwarded, it is not necessary to log in on the forums to give your input.

As we are all in the dev app forums right now, feel free to relay this message to your friends who haven’t used the dev app or the dev app forums before. Contact me or Keyvias for dev app keys, and contact Keyvias for dev app forum access. We’re always more than happy to get more people testing.

The biggest changes on the dev app currently relate to different kinds of ammunition. One of the main goals of the next live patch is to make the gunner class more viable compared to the gunning buff engineer, and a number of steps have been taken to accomplish this. The dev app will regularly get updates, and it is possible that there will be another update before the test day.

Feel free to invite your clan members and other friends to this testing session. The more the merrier. Let’s get this ball rolling.

Regards,

Vesa „Schwerbelastung“ Vahermaa

p.s More info about the gunner improvements / ammo testing in the following thread:
https://gunsoficarus.com/community/forum/index.php/topic,4115.0.html

p.p.s Here is the link to the Community Events forum. A thread about Sunday community skirmish #7 is not up at this time, but it should be visible on the front page once it pops up.
https://gunsoficarus.com/community/forum/index.php/board,8.0.html

Offline Schwerbelastung

• Muse Games
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 22, 2014, 05:52:58 pm »
Today's testing session was a moderate success. We didn't get a full server, but we got to test the new ammos on some of the guns. Another plus is that there were a couple of new people who showed interest in becoming part of the testing cycle. The testing session was stopped roughly 1 hour after the starting time as there were some people who couldn't keep playing and we didn't have enough pilots+gunners.

I'll keep you posted as soon as there's a date for the next testing session. For now, thanks to everyone who attended!