Author Topic: Pilot Multiclass Achievements?  (Read 7808 times)

Offline Captain Magellan

• Salutes: 13
    • [VAL]
    • View Profile
Pilot Multiclass Achievements?
« on: March 04, 2013, 09:30:29 am »
Ummm. So why do most of the Pilot Repair Multiclass Achievements have to be unlocked by your crew repairing things. That doesn't make since. It's a multiclass.

Offline Shinkurex

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 102
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
Re: Pilot Multiclass Achievements?
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2013, 09:49:22 am »
yes but you are probably ordering/screaming at them to fix it, so I'm ok with this :P.... then again.... If you ever see me piloting, you know that all my crew has left, and I'm just going to crash into you...

Offline RearAdmiralZill

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 144
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2013, 11:38:37 am »
Be happy you didnt have to go repair it yourself. That was "interesting" to do back in the day.

Offline Pickle

• Salutes: 42
    • [AeBr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2013, 11:44:08 am »
There are still achievements requiring the Pilot to repair components themselves.  I'm sure I have one active where I need to completely repair with Mallet 50 components.

Offline RearAdmiralZill

• CA Mod
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2013, 11:47:35 am »
Ill tell you a secret. Come close.....

Junker!

Offline Captain Magellan

• Salutes: 13
    • [VAL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2013, 01:20:24 pm »
Yeah there are still a couple. I'm almost done with one where I have to rebuild 80 parts with a spanner.
So since some people have mentioned it, do any of you other Captains repair? I find that it can be the difference between winning and losing if the Captain is on top of repairs. On the Spire, I usually spend my time shooting or fixing the balloon. Then the Junker, I usually handle the back top repair points (balloon and two engines).

Offline RearAdmiralZill

• CA Mod
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2013, 03:15:05 pm »
Yeah there are still a couple. I'm almost done with one where I have to rebuild 80 parts with a spanner.
So since some people have mentioned it, do any of you other Captains repair? I find that it can be the difference between winning and losing if the Captain is on top of repairs. On the Spire, I usually spend my time shooting or fixing the balloon. Then the Junker, I usually handle the back top repair points (balloon and two engines).

Its very situational, but I do leave the helm on occasion to give something nearby that i must keep alive for my current goals a whack. Letting things pop (balloon normally) is also a tactic to consider.

Offline Kyren

• Salutes: 80
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2013, 04:46:09 pm »
As I'm usually flying a Goldfish, I'm hardly ever doing repairs on that one - Things must look really dire to get me off the helm.  On a Junker, yeah, I usually hit the balloon just above me, and on the Spire I do the same. On those two ships they're nicely close. The few times I flew a Galleon, I was running around on all of the upper deck once we were in position. All in all, I'm not too happy with having to repair 80 components with the Spanner right now though :P

Offline Pickle

• Salutes: 42
    • [AeBr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2013, 04:54:41 pm »
On a Goldfish I'll run back and help with the balloon if it's down, after putting the chadburn into neutral to minimise scraping.  There's a point where the pilot can do nothing but damage to the hull by doing anything else.  The Galleon is similar.

On Junker the balloon is easy to hit, and if the maneouvering engines are down it's logical to release the helm to go give them a bash.  In sniper platform mode the Captain could be gunning or balloon/hull camping (depending on the distribution of roles) if counter-battery fire is coming in and the hull is passively stable relatibe to the target.

Offline Jazzza

• Salutes: 16
    • View Profile
    • Website
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2013, 07:20:56 pm »
As a pilot I have hardly any time I repair other components, especially on my favourite ship the Goldfish. Steering is much too important and critical to everything else.

You should have two engineers on your ship which for most ships should be able to keep it alive, leaving the pilot to focus on avoiding enemy fire and steering the gun aiming arc.