Author Topic: Marking Indicator/Box Color  (Read 5670 times)

Offline Asteria Bisset

• Salutes: 8
    • View Profile
Marking Indicator/Box Color
« on: August 15, 2013, 04:27:24 pm »
With the new cloud cover to maps like Dunes and Canyon Ambush, I noticed that -- especially since those maps are incredibly bright and sunny -- the marks/spot indicators blend in with a lot of the lighter (almost white) clouds. I've actually lost a ship in the clouds that way, only for them to reappear near me or MUCH farther away (to which case the mark gets lost which is fine by me).

It would be somewhat convenient though if the box was maybe a kind of off-white (almost silvery grey). It'll be easier to spot in bright maps and it would still be pretty visible in darker maps.

Offline Kharthynogus

• Salutes: 3
    • View Profile
Re: Marking Indicator/Box Color
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2013, 05:11:13 pm »
Yeah, it is kinda tough to see, and it doesn't really catch your eye.

I'd like it if it kinda pulsed/faded between black and white continuously (not like an outright strobe -- just a gentle, fading pulse with a period of 1-2 seconds). The white would help it stand out against dark/nighttime backgrounds, while the black would help it stand out against bright/daytime backgrounds. The fading would help it to catch your eyes in spite of any busyness on screen.

In addition, I think it would be cool to have an indicator icon pop-up on the edge of your screen when a fellow crewman or allied crewman spots an enemy ship that's out of your FoV. (Obviously it would be replaced with the normal box indicator when it comes into view.) Of course, I can understand if this would be a little much for some people and would be fine with not having it.

Offline Asteria Bisset

• Salutes: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2013, 05:28:49 pm »
In addition, I think it would be cool to have an indicator icon pop-up on the edge of your screen when a fellow crewman or allied crewman spots an enemy ship that's out of your FoV. (Obviously it would be replaced with the normal box indicator when it comes into view.) Of course, I can understand if this would be a little much for some people and would be fine with not having it.

That would probably be a fantastic idea to give information to pilots. Especially people who pilot ships that often block their field of vision (coughSquidcough).

Offline Calico Jack

• Salutes: 25
    • [2620]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2013, 07:19:38 pm »

In addition, I think it would be cool to have an indicator icon pop-up on the edge of your screen when a fellow crewman or allied crewman spots an enemy ship that's out of your FoV.

Look at the top of your screen - there is a compass, marked ships appear on that as long as they are in the 180 degree arc of the compass that is visible to you, as do CP on CP matches.

Offline Imagine

• Salutes: 59
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
    • Twitch Stream
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2013, 10:44:18 pm »
There's some other post in another thread somewhere from a Muse persons that there's some changes/options coming for the targeting square.

Offline Swizy

• Salutes: 20
    • [T.Pr]
    • View Profile
    • FacePunch
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2013, 07:57:13 am »
I'd still love to see some kind of gamemode where everything on the Hud will be invisible. No compass no Map and no indication for hits nor any target boxes (+friendly fire on). Just for fun that is.