Author Topic: Countering the pyramidion gatling/mortar setup  (Read 24009 times)

Offline treseritops

• Salutes: 6
    • [WOLF]
    • View Profile
Re: Countering the pyramidion gatling/mortar setup
« Reply #30 on: August 30, 2013, 12:59:46 pm »
A specific set-up that I ran into yesterday that was near impossible to beat was actually a Mobula. Here's the set up from left of the captain to right of the captain. Credit goes to Romankar.

Artemis- Gatling- Merc- Flak- Artemis

Oh that's interesting. I've been toying around with the Mobula recently and landed on a similar build with staggered Gat/Flak above and below deck respectively and Merc up top. Not experimented much with the Artemis arcs on the sides though.

You really need to. Artemis has an amazing swivel range, it's like the new merc/sniper. It doesn't do as much damage but it's just as accurate as the old merc and actually has more swivel. Now that everyone uses it I can't figure out why we didn't in the first place.

Especially if you put it in a spot that normally has a poor position (edge of mobula, side of goldfish, front of Junker, etc.) they can help cover a blind spot or create a trifecta of guns. 

Offline snor-laxatives

• Salutes: 4
    • View Profile
Re: Countering the pyramidion gatling/mortar setup
« Reply #31 on: September 04, 2013, 11:13:14 am »

Especially if you put it in a spot that normally has a poor position (edge of mobula, side of goldfish, front of Junker, etc.) they can help cover a blind spot or create a trifecta of guns. 

I've also found getting the trifecta of guns on the junker to be effective if they try and 1v1 you, best defense is a good offense.  I usaully go with gat, and flak on the side then an artemis up front.  Have the engies watch the hull, etc, and as soon as there hulls are down have everyone jump on a gun and unload all hell on them.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2013, 11:16:01 am by snor-laxatives »