Author Topic: CP matches since 1.3.1  (Read 13331 times)

Offline Pickle

• Salutes: 42
    • [AeBr]
    • View Profile
CP matches since 1.3.1
« on: August 12, 2013, 02:23:07 pm »
I've just finished playing Anglean.  I was unable to cap point E.  It failed to recognise my presence despite manoeuvring and trying different altitudes.  Including parking the CP balloon on top of my balloon.  No problem with points B or C.

A member of the other team tried and had the same problem with point E.

One other ship tried and it worked for him.

Offline Pickle

• [AeBr]
    • View Profile
Re: CP matches since 1.3.1
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2013, 02:41:45 pm »
In the next game it wouldn't register me for point B.

Is this a new Joker from Eric?  In every CP game there's a random point that each Captain can't capture? ;)

Offline awkm

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 77
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
    • Notes for Next Century—n4n100
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2013, 02:56:32 pm »
Looking into it.

Offline awkm

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 77
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
    • Notes for Next Century—n4n100
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2013, 03:26:07 pm »
Looked into it, I was able to capture 4 points on Anglean Raiders and was beginning to capture the last—went half way before I won.

Next time this happens, send us your log file.

Thanks

Offline Pickle

• [AeBr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2013, 04:05:01 pm »
 Will do..

Offline JammyAH

• Salutes: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2013, 05:43:50 pm »
Ahoy!

Just played a CP game with Pickle there, and had the same issue. Pickle's team captured the point and we couldn't uncapture it after seeing them off... Pickle asked us to find this thread and add our woes!

At first I think we were too high, but our galiant ally parked almost inside the globe part. We went in to join them and still couldn't capture anything. The Blocked and Contested message came up but we couldn't see the timer moving at all.

Also: who knew a Galleon could fit in there? Well... not the balloon part, of course. We didn't need it anyway!

Attached log file, if it lets me upload it this time!

EDIT: It won't - can I make it smaller or something? Which bit do you want?

Offline N-Sunderland

• Salutes: 281
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2013, 05:45:38 pm »
Send the log to feedback@musegames.com

Offline Swizy

• Salutes: 20
    • [T.Pr]
    • View Profile
    • FacePunch
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2013, 05:54:15 pm »
Aight just had CP on Labyrinth. Red Team wasn't able to capture the point, but blue team was (we ceased fire to test it out first). It was also not possible to capture it back nor did any number show up when we were at the spot. It simply didn't register team red. Send ya guys the log file

Offline Wundsalz

• Salutes: 72
    • [Rydr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2013, 07:40:52 am »
Did muse knowingly alter the capping mechanics? - as such isn't mentioned in the changelog, but capturing balloons clearly feels different now. I've yet to see a cp game where noone complains about not beeing able to claim ballons since the last patch.
here are a couple of pictures showing a failed labyrinth capture attempt: https://gunsoficarus.com/community/forum/index.php/topic,2023.0.html

Next time this happens, send us your log file.
Where to find it?
« Last Edit: August 13, 2013, 07:47:34 am by Wundsalz »

Offline Swizy

• Salutes: 20
    • [T.Pr]
    • View Profile
    • FacePunch
« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2013, 08:16:03 am »
I'm not sure but maybe there was a fix to capture time as it was discussed quite a bit. However they're working on the problem right now. You find the log file on a Pc at: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\guns of icarus online\GunsOfIcarusOnline_Data\output_log.txt

Offline Calico Jack

• Salutes: 25
    • [2620]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2013, 08:23:01 am »
was on Anglean yesterday when trying to cap outside of alphabetic order didn't get the cap, but following the points in alphabetic I didn't have any problems - could this be MKOTH affecting regular CP matches?

Offline Pickle

• [AeBr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2013, 08:32:47 am »
The capping mechanics were definitely changed with 1.3.1 back to the pre-1.3 altitude-dependent mechanic where you have to be below the aerial buoy to register.  With 1.3 you could cap at any altitude within the capping range of the buoy.  So something was definitely changed and it doesn't feature on the change log so it's very possible that it's unintentional.

Having now played Anglean, Refinery and Labyrinth in 1.3.1 I'm even more convinced there's at least two problems:
1.  Buoys are frequently failing to register the presence of individual ships, the problem is random between games but the relationship between individual ship and error buoy is persistent within a game
2.  The block radius is not altitude dependent and is significantly more sensitive than the capping radius

I've experienced or seen the first problem (not registering) affect Squid, Goldfish, Galleon and Pyramidion,  So it's not ship dependent.

Eric, can you confirm that the definite change (altitude dependent capping) was intentional and someone just forgot to add it to the change log?
« Last Edit: August 13, 2013, 08:34:33 am by Pickle »

Offline dragonmere

• Salutes: 45
    • [COx]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2013, 09:02:27 am »
I already sent in a report and log file, but I'ma go head and post here what I sent to MUSE;

Attempting to cap point "D" in Raid on the Refinery as red team, all three ships were on the point (I know the distance requirements, we were on it properly ;) ), and could not get a cap. Enemies came in, we fled. Somewhere about 1/2+ a grid square to the north east of the cap point, one of us got a contest on the point. Could not get a contest reliably. Enemy took point despite us being within normal cap range.

Flew to point "E", all three of us directly under the cap balloon, but the cap counter only registered 2 ships. As the enemy came in and we moved slightly out from under the balloon, still well within the cap radius, the counter was very unpredictable in terms of how many ships were on the point. Again, it appeared that one of our ships was capping from a long distance (over 1/2 a grid square) but it was not possible to say for sure.

Offline N-Sunderland

• Salutes: 281
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 13, 2013, 09:40:21 am »
Has the same problem on Labyrinth. We were underneath the balloon and not capturing at all.

Offline Watchmaker

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 55
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 13, 2013, 12:09:30 pm »
There's definitely a bug with capture points in general (it's not map- or gametype-specific) that was introduced in 1.3.1.  We're working on a fix and will be rolling out a hotfix ASAP.