Author Topic: SHIPS & PILOT SKILLS Balance Discussion v1.3.1  (Read 14349 times)

Offline awkm

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 77
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
    • Notes for Next Century—n4n100
SHIPS & PILOT SKILLS Balance Discussion v1.3.1
« on: August 12, 2013, 02:17:24 pm »
Just FYI, Mobula was always at 700 armor.  There was an error on the spreadsheet.

Offline N-Sunderland

• Salutes: 281
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
Re: SHIPS & PILOT SKILLS Balance Discussion v1.3.1
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2013, 02:23:17 pm »
Unless I'm mistaken, there were changes made to hydrogen (+350% rising force and -60% vertical drag from +300% and -200%) and to chute vent. Did the change log miss those, or was it like that before?

Offline awkm

• Muse Games
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2013, 02:26:27 pm »
@Sunderland

I have not touched either of those skills.  I can only assume that they had those values since last patch.  If there is reason to believe that isn't the case, we can look through changelogs.  Like, a really good reason.

Offline Crafeksterty

• Salutes: 73
    • [GwTh]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2013, 03:54:25 pm »
The drogue chute needs a 5 or 3 second charge, so many times it has been prooved useless. It further makes the pilot holding the helm for too much.

Not many people use it for that reason.

About hydrogin, it is actually balanced but the baloon degrades as the health rreaches 50%. The skills are very self defeating at that matter, as soon as a pilot uses Hydro, it must be repaired.

The spire needs  an acceleration boost. I mean it is the slowest ship, atleast make it versitile on its slim nature. Make it go quicker from different speeds. Basically, make it get quicker to its maximum speed.

Is my post correct? or?
« Last Edit: September 08, 2013, 03:59:20 pm by Crafeksterty »

Offline N-Sunderland

• [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2013, 03:58:06 pm »
I agree about drogue. Without a lasting effect it's a bit useless, particularly on the ships that would otherwise make best use of it (Galleon, Spire, and Junker, which have very large balloons but also have the component positioned near the pilot, meaning that there's no sense in using drogue when you could be helping on the rebuild).

Offline Eukari

• Salutes: 42
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2013, 04:27:53 pm »
The Drogue Chute definitely needs a boost. I always run it when I see a Blenderfish on the other team, but, as N-Sunderland said, it's usually a far better idea to just get off the helm and help repair the balloon. Having it last for four or five seconds after popping off the helm would go a long way to making it achieve its intended purpose.

I also agree about the Spire- it either needs to get a defense buff or a speed buff. Right now, it's slow and fragile- a bad combination in a game that prizes good mobility above pure firepower. In a straight shoot-out, the weaker ship will almost always lose. Seeing a Spire on the enemy team is cause for relief...and seeing one on my team is cause for alarm. Making it faster would put its position relative to the battle more under the Spire's control, which is very important for a ship that blows up when you sneeze on it.

Offline Echoez

• Salutes: 40
    • [Gent]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2013, 06:23:27 pm »
I find that Drogue Chute is already pretty powerful and has its uses on ships that don't have the balloon near the pilot, like the Pyramidion and the Goldfish (it's a long run and I've trying it countless times, by the time I get there, my engineer has already rebuild 3/4 of it, it's not worth the time off-helm), also on a Squid the Pilot can't be realy repairing the balloon, so still has a use there (though I guess nobody will run it on a Squid for obvious reasons), it's also very valuable on the Mobula since the pilot can't afford to go repair anything, so he can keep it active and help the ship a lot.

Lasting effect on Drogue Chute would make it a bit too powerful on ships where the pilot can also repair the balloon and eliminate a very crusial weakness, especially on the Galleon and the Spire, where camping the balloon is actually viable and a legit downside for the firepower they bring to the field, giving these ships the option to keep Drogue active while also having the easiest balloon repairs due to the component being realy close to the pilot isn't something I'd like to see, items should aleviate some of the stress but not completely eliminate a weakness.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2013, 06:26:31 pm by Echoez »

Offline Captain Smollett

• Salutes: 122
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2013, 02:06:14 am »
What if the drogue chute was just flat out buffed, as in it did even better at slowing the decent. 

I haven't run drogue chute on any of my builds in months, partly I think since I'm a bit spoiled by how well it used to work prior to 1.2 when the ships were lighter. 

If it slowed the descent more than it did now, it would likely provide a much better counter against blenderfish and perhaps provide an alternative to a controversial topic in another thread that will go unmentioned.

Offline awkm

• Muse Games
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2013, 12:19:26 pm »
Good idea.

Hahahahah

Offline Calico Jack

• Salutes: 25
    • [2620]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2013, 11:38:42 am »
mispost (thanks to Capt Smollett for the headsup)
« Last Edit: September 12, 2013, 11:48:00 am by Calico Jack »

Offline snor-laxatives

• Salutes: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2013, 03:17:28 pm »
Regarding the spire, what if it had a quicker hull repair time, much like what the squids is now.  The Squid is able to stay alive as long as it is because of it mobility and hull repair time.  What if the spire had firepower and repair time?

However im not 100% sure what the Spire's repair time currently is, I tend to avoid them...

Offline N-Sunderland

• [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2013, 03:20:13 pm »
Regarding the spire, what if it had a quicker hull repair time, much like what the squids is now.  The Squid is able to stay alive as long as it is because of it mobility and hull repair time.  What if the spire had firepower and repair time?

However im not 100% sure what the Spire's repair time currently is, I tend to avoid them...

Rebuild time is directly tied to armour, so that would come at the cost of lowering the armour.

Offline snor-laxatives

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2013, 03:32:44 pm »
hmmm, so make it even more of a glass cannon.... still having a faster rebuild time could be advantageous.  Maybe lower armor but give it a faster turn speed?  Might give it a bit more survivability?

Offline HamsterIV

• Salutes: 328
    • View Profile
    • Monkey Dev
« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2013, 03:47:35 pm »
Unless there is a massive armor plate on one side, which takes damage at a different rate than the hull takes damage, turning speed will not help a spire get out of trouble.

Offline snor-laxatives

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2013, 04:05:36 pm »
I was only considering increasing turning rate so that a spire could keep its guns on approaching targets.  Pyra (for example) charges in with gat mortar, doesnt get the kill on the spire on the first run (due to decreased repair time), Spire is able to turn, keep the Pyra in its sights, and (hopefully) even the odds.  But i do supposed that's what the phoenix claw is for lol.