Author Topic: I played with X  (Read 374167 times)

Offline The Mann

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 146
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
Re: I played with X
« Reply #480 on: June 13, 2015, 08:55:16 am »
I played some great games this morning, I played with

Cadet Lola,
Niels Juels (Sorry if I spelt this wrong)
Shroomish
Some [Cake] people.
and others.

We had some great games, lots of victories, in about 4 hours, we only lost twice due to a lack of communication with teammates.

Despite those failures, we had lots of fun, we made a party and listened to music - Queen, Rick Astley, Survivor, Chariots of fire, Toy Story, Mulan, A-Team, Haddaway, Europe, Dream Theater, Enrigque Iglesias, Shai LeBeouf,  Tiny Tim, William Tell, Postmodern Jukebox and a lot more

Offline Dr Brobotnik

• Salutes: 9
    • [SkBo]
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: June 14, 2015, 12:05:40 pm »
Update time: I flew and made friends with BdrLineAzn =) Really swell guy.

Offline Kamoba

• Salutes: 175
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
    • Robin and Magpie Leather
« Reply #482 on: June 23, 2015, 08:25:37 am »
I flew with The mod currently known as Grim  8) Lars Battleborn a true gent and Lt Amelia.

We took a blender fish and had much fun popping balloons, chasing down a bard squid and pondering why our ally capt rage quit while we were winning...

Then my son Robin attacked the laptop and closed the screen lol.

I returned to find out they "lost"... Newbies! ;)

Was great fun, sorry about vanishing!

Offline Newbluud

• Salutes: 24
    • [T.Pr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: June 23, 2015, 08:37:50 am »
Played both with and against a variety of Cakes. They have both carried us and wrecked our shit. I may have played a closer game with a couple of them once or twice, but I tend to remember the extremes better.

If I remember correctly, it was a Cake spire that first introduced me to a Loch Typhon. I think I'll be forever scarred by that. I was a fresh-out-of-novice babbu, flying my lil' metamidion. It felt like taking a jackhammer to squash an aphid.

gg no re

Thanks for teaching us not to over extend.

Offline Kamoba

• [♫]
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: June 23, 2015, 08:45:41 am »
Newbluud, I recognise your name as a man who listens and learns when I've played with you. :) Hope to see you around much more!

Also another new name I know, Niels Juels, a gentlemen who offered me a slot during the Dev Match, very polite guy who I hope to see more of as well!

Offline Newbluud

• Salutes: 24
    • [T.Pr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: June 23, 2015, 08:57:36 am »
Newbluud, I recognise your name as a man who listens and learns when I've played with you. :) Hope to see you around much more!

Backatcha, buddy!  8)

I do my best to listen and learn, and will often try to tease a plan out of the other captains before I begin barking my best ideas, that way I can compromise or give advice to some greener pilots/crews if they devise a less-than-stellar plan, or get critique on my own/start learning the two veg to go with the meat of this game from the vets I encounter.

Will look for you in the skies, brah, be it to engage in some sweet plays together or shoot you in the arse  ;)

Offline Niels Juel

• Salutes: 5
    • [ψ꒜]
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: June 24, 2015, 01:43:35 pm »

Also another new name I know, Niels Juels, a gentlemen who offered me a slot during the Dev Match, very polite guy who I hope to see more of as well!

This might be the first time I have been described as polite :P

Offline Kamoba

• [♫]
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: June 26, 2015, 06:03:59 pm »
Tanya Phenole, always a pleasure! <3
Fluitaire, a true Gentleduck and going by how much more often I see him, new found friend.
Ressorious, Good pilot and crew member and a nice guy :) Was nice to play a few games, a spire and squid combo. :)

Offline sparklerfish

• Salutes: 124
    • [Clan]
    • View Profile
    • DJ mixes and original tracks on SoundCloud
« Reply #488 on: June 26, 2015, 10:21:07 pm »
I played with Spud Nick last night for the first time in ages and had the pleasure of mining on his munker.  Always an excellent time, that.

Offline Schwalbe

• Salutes: 178
    • [ψ꒜]
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: June 27, 2015, 05:27:06 pm »
Today I've flown with The Mann and Black Sabbath.
It's been fun.
Especially when I requested a song that lasted for three matches... :P (This one)

And sorry for dominating the playlist... I hope you were able to bear my music requests? ^^

Offline The Mann

• CA Mod
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: June 28, 2015, 03:38:18 am »
Today I've flown with The Mann and Black Sabbath.
It's been fun.
Especially when I requested a song that lasted for three matches... :P (This one)

And sorry for dominating the playlist... I hope you were able to bear my music requests? ^^

Everything was fine... except maybe the death metal  :P

Offline -Muse- Grimick

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 25
    • [Grim]
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: July 03, 2015, 04:49:55 am »
I flew with The mod currently known as Grim  8) Lars Battleborn a true gent and Lt Amelia.

We took a blender fish and had much fun popping balloons, chasing down a bard squid and pondering why our ally capt rage quit while we were winning...

Then my son Robin attacked the laptop and closed the screen lol.

I returned to find out they "lost"... Newbies! ;)

Was great fun, sorry about vanishing!
That was so much fun :P Good times.

Offline The Mann

• CA Mod
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: July 03, 2015, 05:01:41 am »
Had a good time this morning with Grim and some others on a Kill Spire this morning.

We had 15 minutes to win and we were determined and mad.

We won with 3 minutes to spare.

Was a great time. T'is sad that I now have to work until 1 in order to play again...
« Last Edit: July 03, 2015, 05:27:57 am by The Mann »

Offline -Muse- Grimick

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 25
    • [Grim]
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: July 04, 2015, 04:02:31 pm »
Haha Mann that was awesome!

It was actually a balanced game and right as we got into it we got the maintenance announcement that the servers would shut down. Last game of the night. Want to go out on a good note? Last chance. High stakes can be so much fun!

Offline Kamoba

• [♫]
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: July 06, 2015, 09:06:08 am »
Mighty Keb and Cadet Lola on a Gat Mine squid, keb on the mines.
It was brutally effective for its first outing, even considering our Gatling gunner seemed to struggle with breaking armour...
Keb said he's as good as Anakin on mines, I said not to go that far, but I will say Keb was brutally effective with the mines. :)
Same match final score 7-0 in a 2v2, we killed our ally with tar and mines, then our ally, Daring Do took us out with a brutal wall ram when we tried to tar mine him again.
So much fun :)
Our enemies confusion as the score count gave them 2kills while they were respawning was great