Author Topic: Do NOT force reload  (Read 6562 times)

Offline evodoc

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 13
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
Do NOT force reload
« on: August 09, 2013, 08:04:12 am »
Right now if you mount a gun that has a special ammo type loaded you don't have, it automatically reloads the gun, which I don't really like. Because there is no indication of a gun has special ammo loaded, I might cause some kind of timing problems with my forced reload although that wasn't my intention. So my suggestion is that give the player a chance to decide what to do: a) leave the gun (WITHOUT reload), b) reload the gun manually. And mounting a gun like that could look like this: (check attachment)

Offline Captain Smollett

• Salutes: 122
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
Re: Do NOT force reload
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2013, 11:20:35 am »
Not a bad idea

Offline Kharthynogus

• Salutes: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2013, 12:04:31 pm »
I'd much rather be able to just shoot the gun even if I don't have the same type of ammo. Having to run off to another gun after I've realized I don't have the same ammo is just as annoying as having to reload it.

Offline JaegerDelta

• Salutes: 16
    • [2620]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2013, 12:30:19 pm »
yeah, i would agree that there is no reason you should not be able to fire ammo already loaded.

it would also lead to more creativity/cooperation on crew loadouts. the gunner can pre-load lesmok in a mortar for instance, then the engineer who is actually manning it can load in burst after the lesmok has been used and the target is closer.  basically it moves the gunner from the person who is designated to shoot guns to the person who is in charge of the damage output of the ship much like the engineeer is in charge of the health of the ship and components and the pilot is in charge of the positioning of the ship.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2013, 12:31:54 pm by JaegerDelta »

Offline naufrago

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 10
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2013, 02:47:21 pm »
It used to be that jumping on a gun with a special ammo type pre-loaded that you don't have DIDN'T force a reload. It would just let you use the previously loaded ammo until it was reloaded. Not sure why they changed that.

Offline JaegerDelta

• Salutes: 16
    • [2620]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2013, 04:24:46 pm »
It used to be that jumping on a gun with a special ammo type pre-loaded that you don't have DIDN'T force a reload. It would just let you use the previously loaded ammo until it was reloaded. Not sure why they changed that.

yeah i thought that was the case but i didnt really remember :P

Offline Pickle

• Salutes: 42
    • [AeBr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2013, 05:40:33 pm »
The dev app version of the current build retained the ammunition loaded, but you reloaded with vanilla when that clip emptied if you didn't carry that ammo type.  SO if the weapon was preloaded with heavy clip, you could fire that clip as heavy despite not carrying it yourself.

I'm sure that before that, if you use a weapon preloaded with an ammo you didn't have it just defaulted to the standard ammo without changing clip?

Offline Tron

• Salutes: 2
    • [Sass]
    • View Profile
    • SideStrike Gaming
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2013, 09:38:10 pm »
I prefer leaving it as it is. Mainly because when Im a gunner, I can load ammo types that go well with the captains strategy and the crew dont have to worry, and when Im an engineer I can use the ammo the gunner loaded.

Such as, greased rounds which I tend not to carry as an engineer

Offline Captain Rico

• Salutes: 0
    • [SKH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2013, 01:23:50 am »
It just would be great to see next to the Cannonsymbol a smaller one which indicates the loaded ammo...
As Captain sometimes I would also like to know with which ammo my crew is firing with :)